Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod]Jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis; v2Released

Default Re: Jizya script, Kafir and Dhimmis; Minorities in Islam, a minimod for BC 2.3.2

nice mod !

btw what made you make sindah shia ?

Default Re: Jizya script, Kafir and Dhimmis; Minorities in Islam, a minimod for BC 2.3.2

Quote Originally Posted by ALFAJI View Post
    nice mod !

btw what made you make sindah shia ?
    Thank you

I read that soomra were ismailis, and ismailism is shia movement, is that not correct?
    There is very few informations about soomra dynasty beliefs;

http://www.ismaili.net/heritage/node/18700
    http://amaana.org/heroes/note012.htm
    http://books.google.no/books?id=KakgvDxdbXwC&pg=PA783&lpg=PA783&dq=sumra+ismaili&source=bl&ots=AkNJAkF2la&sig=3-SV4rIzuL40kntR-iw0ZTrUFu8&hl=fr&sa=X&ei=0kivULLoOYbZ4QSD-YHACw&ved=0CGIQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=sumra%20ismaili&f=false
    But I don't have your expertise and your knowledges about muslim history and rulers,
    Do you have an idea of the year which Sindha cease to be ismaili?
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 24, 2012 at 06:59 AM.

some new items added

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    some new items added
    Great!!!

Default Re: Jizya script, Kafirs and Dhimmis; Minorities in Islam, a submod for BC 2.3.2

Release soon
    ...one, maybe two weeks !
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 24, 2012 at 05:41 PM.

Default Re: Jizya script, Kafirs and Dhimmis; Minorities in Islam, a submod for BC 2.3.2

Jizya script added;
    My submod needs some little improvements, documentation, and writting.
    ...and then a final test of 60 turns.

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

Thank you so much Byzantineboy for making this minimod I would like to share some ideas with you

• Administrative titles

1.Imam Al Masjed Al Aqsa:he is the leading Imam and prayer leader of ''Al Aqsa Mosque'' in Jerusalem,the Third holiest mosque in Islam.+ 4 piety,2 loyalty.

2.Al Muhtasib:this man is a Muhtasib (inspector of markets)A municipal officer responsible for public morals and regulation of markets.+2 Authority

3.Amir Al Hajj:the leader of the pilgrimage was appointed annually by the caliph/Sultans,to lead the Pilgrims safely to the holy cities of Mecca and Medina,+2 Loyalty,2 piety

4. Mushayed al 'ma'yer: this Man is a great Architect he built Mosques, Hammams, Palaces ,Madrasses and other civil Buildings, his designs became a model to all Muslim cities.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

5-Saheb Al Kharaj:This man is responsible for collecting Kharaj (landtax) from farmers and landowners

6. The muezzin: a man appointed to call to prayer, climbs the mineret of the mosque, and he calls in all directions, "Hasten to prayer." Many mosques, retinue to all Muslim factions.

7- Spah Salar: this man is the commander in chief of the Sultanate's armies--- Great Seljuks

8- Khwajah Barzak: literally means the great vizier in Persian,this man is the the great Vizier of the Sultanate,one of the most senior office in the state,besides his administrative duties,some viziers commanded the armies of the Sultanate.Great Seljuk

9- Bendar: Land taxes was one of the major incomes of the Sultanate's treasury,this man is in charge of collecting the land taxes. Great Seljuk

10- Mustawfi :chancellor of the exchequer.this person is in charge of the Sultanate's Treasury,Seljuk Sultanate.

11-Selahdar: this person is in charge of the army's treasury,he was assigned by the sultan to pay off the troops,and provide them with weapons and amours, Great Seljuks

12- Akusalar: the master of the sultan's Stables. Seljuk,Egypt

13- Chief of the Shehna:literally means the chief of the local police ,he's responsible for Establishing Security and law in the city and fighting crime and rebels .----All Muslim factions

14- Dezdar: a Persian word means the master of the castle,the ''Dezdar '' was appointed by the Sultan to defend the castle,and fortify it's fortifications,he was also the commander of the garrison of the castle---Great Seljuks

15- Meqati: the royal drummer or the Sultan's Drummer,he beats the drums when the Sultan enters the Council. All Muslim factions

16- Khwan Salar: the chief of the cooks. Great Seljuks,Egypt.

17- Mua'dib: the private tutor,it used to be that the Caliphs,the Sultans of the Muslim world would hire a Mua'dib to teach their children---All Muslim factions

18- Naquib Al Mukhtareen: Arabic word means the commander of the chosen,he was the commander of the Sultan's parade body guard---- Great Seljuks

19- Sunjuq Dar: it's a Turco-Persian word means the standard bearer,he holds the Royal Banner----Great Seljuks,Seljuk Sultanate

20- Khazen Dar: this person is in charge of the Sultan's Closet,He prepares the Royal Cloths for the Sultan-----Great Seljuks,Egypt .

21-Hajeb Barzak:he is the Sultan's counsel,and the Chamberlain ---Great Seljuks

22- Tughray: the holder of the royal seals,he was assigned to deliver the letter and the messages to the Sultan,and when the Sultan writes a letter the Tughray seals the message with his own seal,so that the message is verified from the Sultan--Great Seljuks

23- Qadi al Askar: he's is a judge ruling in accordance with the Shariah law accompanies the army------ All Muslim Factions.

24- Na'yeb al-Sultan: this man is the Vice Sultan,he practices the authorities of the Sultan when he's absent from the capital,this office was introduced by the Seljuk,because the Seljuk Sultans were used to be absent from their Kingdoms because of their Military Campaigns against their enemies,it was later adopted by the Majority of the Muslims Sultanates (Great Seljuks).

24- Sharab Dar: cup-bearer was an officer of high rank in royal courts, whose duty it was to serve the drinks at the king's table. On account of the constant fear of plots and intrigues, a person must be regarded as thoroughly trustworthy to hold this position. He must guard against poison in the king's cup, and was sometimes required to swallow some of the Drinks before serving it. His confidential relations with the king often endeared him to his sovereign and also gave him a position of great influence.---All Muslim factions.

34- Amid of Iraq:this person holds the office of ''vice Sultan in Iraq'',he was appointed by the Sultan to Govern Iraq,Iraq was a very Important Provence during the Reign of the Seljuk since it was the seat of the Caliphate,Amid's seat was Baghdad the capital, his role was to collect the Taxes,stabilize Iraq,and prevent the Abbasid from revolting,--(Great Seljuks).

35- Ar-Raya Al-Sawda: the black banner was the official banner of the Abbasid caliphate and the symbol of the Caliphate hegemony on the Muslim world,every new Sultan was expected to receive a messenger from the Caliph, holding a black banner with Islamic Shahada written in gold on it,the Sultan had to kiss the banner and recognize the caliph's spiritual hegemony on his kingdom----(Great Seljuks).

36-Mehmen Dar: this persons receives the foreign diplomats and guides them to the palace of hospitality. Great Seljuks,Egypt

37-Kezlar Agha:is the person who protects the Sultan's Harem,he commands many men all of them are eunuchs---- Great Seljuk.

Last edited by jermagon; December 01, 2012 at 12:34 AM.

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

A lot of very good ideas,
    Thank you jermagon

Provincial titles and retinues

Egypt

Cairo

Wali of Egypt: this man has been appointed as the governor of Egypt
    Condition: a family member governs Cairo for sometime
    +2 loyalty
    +20% trade bonus
    + 1 commands when fighting against Makuria or KOJ

Imam of Amr Ibna Al'aas Mosque: He is the imam and the prayer leader of the mosque of Amr, first Mosque built in Egypt by the Arab conquerors .

Patriarch of Alexandria: this man is the leader of the church of Alexandria one of the oldest Orthodox churches in the world, founded by saint Mark in Alexandria in the 1st century A.D, he is not only the leader of the Coptic Christians in Egypt but also the Patriarch of Nubia and Abyssinia

-----------------------------------

Mecca

Imam Al haram Al makki: he is the leading imam of the Grand mosque in the Islamic holy city of Mecca (the holiest mosque in Islam),+5 piety,+2 Authority.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medina

Wali of Hejaz: this man has been appointed as the governor of the province of Hijaz.
    +1 loyalty
    +1 piety
    5% trade bonus
    Condition: a family member fairly governs Medina for sometime, Note:historically Medina was the capital of the hijaz province.

Imam Al Masjed Al Nabawy: this man is the leading Imam and prayer leader of the Mosque of the Prophet in Holy Medina (the second holiest Mosque in Islam).

---------------------------------------

Damascus

Wali Ash-Sham: the governor of Syria this man is the governor of Al-Sham (Greater Syria)
    Condition: a family member fairly governs Damascus for sometime. (all Muslim factions)

Sultan Ash-sham: the Sultan of Syria, our Great sultan rules the great land of Syria
    Condition: a Muslim Sultan Captures Damascus . (all Muslim factions)

Imam of the Umayyad Mosque : he is the leading Imam and prayer leader of The Umayyad Mosque,one of the greatest mosque in the world of Islam, built by Umayyad Caliph al-Walid in 706 A.D.

Uthman Qur'an: the Sultan owns the manuscript of the Syrian Uthman Quran, one of the oldest Quran manuscripts in the world, this copy of the Quran is traditionally considered to one of a group commissioned by the third caliph Uthman and sent to the povince of Syria, this holy manuscript is kept in a treasury inside the Omayyad Mosque in Damascus.
    ---------------------------------------------

Iraq

Wali/Emir of Iraq: Our Sultan granted this man the governorship of Iraq, he rules from Baghdad one of the greatest cities in the world,he resides in the great palace of Baghdad formerly known as the Abbasid Palace.
    condition: when a Muslim faction captures Baghdad (all Muslim factions except the Abbasid).

Sultan Al-Iraq: the Sultan of Iraq, our Great sultan rules the great land of Iraq
    Condition: a Muslim Sultan Captures Baghdad. (all Muslim factions).

Amid of Iraq: literally means the great noble of Iraq,this man is the Seljuk Emir of Iraq, Iraq was a very Important Provence during the Reign of the Seljuk since it was the seat of the Caliphate, Amid's seat was Baghdad the capital, his role was to collect the Taxes,stabilize Iraq, and prevent the Abbasid from revolting,--(Great Seljuk).
    Condition: when a Seljuk Sultan captures Baghdad

Wali of Jazira: Our Sultan granted this man the governorship of Iraq, he rules from Mosul
    Condition: a family member fairly governs Mosul for sometime.

Patriarchs of Babylon:he is the leader and head bishop of the Assyrian Church of the East and the leader of the Christian minority of Iraq, the Patriarch was based in Babylon but it was moved to Baghdad after during the reign of the second Abbasid Caliph Al Mansur.

The chief of Biet el Hekma:this man is chief of ''Biet el Hekma'' (the house of wisdom ),one of the greatest universities in the world, functioned as a major center of scholarship from its construction in the 9th century A.D until the Mongol Invasion of Baghdad in 1258 A.D. many of the most learned Muslim scholars were part of this excellent research and educational institute. It had the dual purpose of translating books from other languages to Arabic and also of the preservation of translated books the chief of the house of wisdom was appointed by the Caliph/Sultan among the scholars of the great University.

Condition: a family member fairly governs Baghdad for sometime.

Qadi Al Qudat: this man holds the office of Chief Judge of the State,he's in charge of applying the sharia laws in the caliphate/sultanate.

The Prophet's belongings (Baghdad)

Uthman Quran:the Sultan the Caliph owns the manuscript of the Uthman Qur'an , one of the oldest Qur'an manuscripts in the world, this copy of the Quran is traditionally considered to one of a group commissioned by the third caliph Uthman, he sent 4 copies of this manuscript to Damascus,Kuffa,Mecca, Basra, and he kept a copy for himself in Medina, it's said that when Caliph Uthman was assassinated his blood stained the papers of the manuscript

Last edited by jermagon; December 01, 2012 at 12:17 AM.

Christians icons, coptic monk, added
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 25, 2012 at 04:29 PM.

Mappo's Avatar Civis

Hi Byzantineboy, your mini mod is really a good job, very interesting. I wanted to know if you have added the makurian priests . Wudang Clown said that makurian priests were missing because there wasn't any model with a dark skin, but waiting for a model with a dark skin I would settle even for a model with a pale skin.
    Faithful in the centuries
    &

Yes, True,
    I think it is doable
    And in fact, a large part of Nubian clergy was coptic,
    so no personnal problem to add them white priests,
    Edit: I have changed that, Makurian priests are like orthodox one;
    But their color are not green...
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 26, 2012 at 07:44 AM.

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

Impressive progress.
    Thanks to Jermagon for the extensive list which will make the mod even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jones View Post
    Impressive progress.
    Thanks to Jermagon for the extensive list which will make the mod even better!
    Yes, it would be great if a big part of Jermagon's idea would be in this submod.
    Some of them would be very difficult/impossible to script (i have any idea how to script the belonging to the prophet family or something like that), but some other can obviously easily be done.

If someone want help me to script some of Jermagon's propostion, i would be glad

I know it's very difficult to implant all these ideas, if you can only add holy items like Prophets belongings,Uthman quran, key of Kaaba that will be great

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by jermagon View Post
    I know it's very difficult to implant all these ideas, if you can only add holy items like Prophets belongings,Uthman quran, key of Kaaba that will be great
    Yes, difficult but Byzantineboy is becaming a very good modder\scripter! he will add it soon!

by the way jermagon, I read the book that has the same picture of you profile....did you read it too?

This is great! Thank you!

Byzantineboy is great, Broken crescent is one of the best mods ever but it's traits system and ancy is terrible, Thanks God we have Byzboy to improve it

Julio85 no my friend can you tell which book you are talking about it?

Thank you Jermagon
    I think this afternoon/tomorow , I will add a lot of your ancy's ideas,

Right, BC is the best TW mod i knew, BC units/music/map are far better than all other mods.

I have played TATW, it's a very good mod too... but i don't know why, i found it boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    Thank you Jermagon
    I think this afternoon/tomorow , I will add a lot of your ancy's ideas,

Right, BC is the best TW mod i knew, BC units/music/map are far better than all other mods.

I have played TATW, it's a very good mod too... but i don't know why, i found it boring...
    That's great new my friend, Third age Tw is great, especially the graphic and the units and the custom settlement, but I like BC the most.

by the way my friend I downloaded the last update but I can't find the unique buildings, I started a new Ayyubid campaign however I couldn't find the Coptic monasteries in upper Egypt.

Also can you add the the Mosque of the Prophet in Medina as a unique building, it's the second Mosque in Islam