Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod]Jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis; v2Released

Icon2 [Submod]Jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis; v2Released

This submod add even more realism and eastern taste in BC about the religious and historical situation in the East around 1174.
    Fully compatible 2.3.2 and 2.3.2.2;

List of the released modifications:

Reworked religious features :

• 4 New religions (Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Shiism, Ibadism)
    • Jizya (muslim tax on dhimmis – jew, christians, zoro, hindus).
    • As new Christian or muslim ruler, you can choose your religious policy towards infidels during your reign. The governors and generals would follow your religious policy and receives tolerant or intolerant traits if they are loyal or if they agreed the new policy. The policy would affect Jizya if faction is muslim, but also troops morale bonus, communities buildings (jewish, Christian, zoro, or muslim quarters), happiness, trade, unrest, and possibility to have ancillaries from these communities.
    • Zakat (muslim), Almsgiving (Christian), Bhiksha (Hindu): Sometimes, your leader has the possibility to give money to the poorest (christian/muslim) or the the Brahmins (Hindu); This almsgiving might be followed by some of your generals, if they are pious or if they appreciate the Faction Leader. It would also cost some money and develop some charity traits which increase piety and reduce squalor, but also reduce drastically tax efficiency. So your cities might grow faster, but you will earn few less money.
    • Added Patriarch agent (or Catholicos, the chief of the Apostolic Church amongst the Armenians and Georgians) for the Eastern Christian factions.
    • Added Great Imam level for muslims.
    • I have also tried to accurate the representation of the religious demographic situation in 1174.
    • Religious building names are more specific depending of the faith of their faction (ex: Ismaili masjid, Ibadi Madrassa, Armenian apostolic Basilica, Coptic monastery etc…)
    • Added the four Patriarchates in Jerusalem, Constantinople, Antioch and Alexandria. Useful for some ancillaries, titles and bonuses.
    • A lot of new religious ancillaries (icons, relics, muezzins, new convert, etc…)

Reworked general features:

• Regions have their historical names.
    • Settlement names change according to the faction; ex: Jerusalm is Hierosolyma when occupied by KOJ, but Al-Quds when occupied by Muslims. Same thing for almost all settlements in Levant, Egypt, Anatolia, Caucasus, Mesopotamia.
    • Add some unique buildings (Al-Azhar, Medina Mosque, Bamyan’s Buddhas, etc…)
    • Add some new buildings with their texts and UI, especially communities’ quarters.
    • Add a lot of new ancillaries and titles (65 in total):

turncoat/renegade-> after a big battle against infidels with a great victory, if the winning general put to death the prisoners, you may receive a “renegade”, someone who prefer to convert instead being executed.

Books: new books like the Shahnameh, Sasunitsi Davit, Baghavad Gita, Akritika and holy bible.
    According to your faction, your generals may receive it, if they have the cultured trait or if there is a library in your castle.
    People from communities: Middle east is the cradle of an gigantic number of religions, sects, etc… according to the settlement building, the religious population of the settlement, your general, if he is someone tolerant and according his faction religion, can receive a new ancillary, like a Jewish or an Assyrian physician, Jewish jeweler, Christian farmer, a Zoroastrian poet or astrologer, Buddhist monks, Harranians, Manicheans and many more…

Banners: A very pious general can receive a religious banner to lead his troops to the battlefield. It would affect morale against infidels.
    Titles: Wali and Hero of Christendom titles added
    And many other ancillaries J

• Trait realism, especially for “hate” traits: example -> no more Makurian who hates Georgians without reasons (or just because Makuria and Georgia replaced England and Scotland vanilla).
    • I have also tried to reinforce mongols invasion, mongols generals will move faster, and mongols have more spawning armies and more reinforcements.

Reworked Makuria

• The Baqt: Since the 7th century, Christian Nubia had a treaty with Muslim rulers of Egypt. At the beginning of the game, or each time you have a new ruler, Makuria has the possibility to renew the Baqt; it means pay a tribute in exchange of the promise of peace (at the end of each turn of peace, since the baqt has been renewed) to Ayyubid Egypt. During the Baqt, muslim merchant have the right to settled in Nubia.
    • Add an interface for African Culture.
    • Makuria can now recruit priest agents.
    • Makurian priests/Bishop/Patriarch have now their own textures.
    • Makuria can now build Coptic monasteries and icon-artists in Egypt.
    • Specific new ancillaries

Reworked ERE, Georgia, Armenia.

• ERE start in 1174 with some trade privileges granted to the Latin merchants. Historically, the Komnenos have made treaties with Italian cities of Genes, Venice and Pisa, because the Roman Empire was unable to booth reconquered Anatolia and defend seas against Muslim and Slavic pirates and foes. In exchange of the protection of the seas by the Latins, the Italian traders have been granted by profitable tax free privileges and the right to settle in Latin quarters in the coastal cities. It cost a lot of money to the Empire and increased tensions between Greeks and Italians, until the “Massacre of Latins” and the 4th Crusade events.

As new Basileus of the Roman Empire, if you are the successor of Manuel Komnenos (because in 1174, the choice have already been made), you have the possibility to choose your policy towards Latin traders. If you renewed advantages to Latins, it could improve your relations with KOJ, but you will earn much less money than planned.

• Armenia can build some Katchkars in his national provinces.
    • Armenia, ERE and Georgia princesses and diplomats have new models and textures, based on those of the Rusichi TW team (thank to them)

Reworked Oman and Shindh

• In 1174, Sindh is Ismaili, an Shia sect. So the Sindh faction start has a shia faction.
    • But later in the game, each time there is a new Sindhi ruler; the Sunni Caliph of Baghdad send dignitaries to Sindh and ask the new Malik to convert to Sunni Islam. You can accept, or refuse, with different consequences. If the Caliphate is destroyed, there will no more Sunni dignitaries sent to Sindh.
    • Oman is now Ibadi, a muslim sect, nether Shia or Sunni.

Reworked Rajputs:

• Just added some new images for events like marriages
    • Rajput might recruit priests with their own new texture (just need to modify it in EDB)
    • Bhiksha: offering to the gods and to the Brahmins.

I want also to thank Wudang Clown and the BC Team for their wonderful mod, the Rusichi Team for letting me using their strat models, Jermagon for giving me new ideas, Atheniandp who helped me to correct some settlement names, as well as all those who have supported and helped or encouraged me.
    Don't hesitate to give me good improvement ideas

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you have more infos about the religious sociology of Middle-East during the 12th century, dont keep it for yourself, and help me to make my minimod more historic and realistic.

INSTALLATION:

1/Make a save of your precedent Broken Crescent Data file;
    2/Download the submod here (twcenter)
    3/Copy your data of JK&D, paste it in your \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms folder
    4/Say Yes to Overwrite the files,

/!\ This submod can be compatible with all others submods about units, EDU, and battle system; and ask in this thread if you have questions.
    Compatible with BC 2.3.2 (and 2.3.2.1 and 2.3.2.2)

Please, Report every bug or UI building missed in this Thread
    Thank you,

If there are problems, I would release a patch.

Rappel: You can download it here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4017

[RELEASED]

A)Jizya

B)New religions, and a more realistic representation of religious demographics;

C)Religious minorities communities:

D)Redesigned Eastern Christianity Religion:

E)New Religious Ancillaries:
    Only exemples, there are many more, and some stats are not the same of on the pictures in order to respect balance

F)New Unique buildings( Alamut, Imam Husayn Shrine, Buddhas of Bamyan, etc..)

G)New ancillaries, Titles, Relics, for Islamic rulers and agents, (bad Muezzin, Gifted Muezzin, Bacha Bazi ,Gifted Circassian Ghulam, Black Eunuch, and many more! Thanks to Jermagon for giving a lof of new idea and illustrations )

Last edited by Byzantineboy; July 10, 2013 at 04:56 AM.

Default Re: [Minimod] Religious Communauties Reaslism for BC 2.3

I am testing new modifications, Islam is splitted, Shia and Sunna are two differents religions; Judaism added;

Sindh and Oman are shias,
    Orthodox become "eastern christianity"
    Catholic become "Latin christianity"

I search a nice tga icon for judaism, and maybe for mazdeism too;
    Need to fix some stuff about shia mosques, jama and masjids...
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Ok, i have finish with that
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 19, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

ur doin a good job...keep it up..!!

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Hello! I want to try it!

very good Idea!!!

by the way...have you consider to apply this mini-mod to the: BC 2.3.3?

Thx
    The modifications, at the moment, are very simple to do.
    It will be easy adaptable to any version of BC (because settlements are the same, factions are the same etc...).

If there is a new version of BC, (but i fear we will still wait a long time), I will adapt my minimod to it.
    But I want know if BC team has already done the part of the religion for 2.4.
    I am now working on the shia mosques; but maybe i waste my time if this point is already done by BC Team, and better than me, for 2.4.
    So i would be happy to have more informations about.

EDIT: Shia mosques available ;D
    Shia factions full playable
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 19, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    Thx
    The modifications, at the moment, are very simple to do.
    It will be easy adaptable to any version of BC (because settlements are the same, factions are the same etc...).

If there is a new version of BC, (but i fear we will still wait a long time), I will adapt my minimod to it.
    But I want know if BC team has already done the part of the religion for 2.4.
    I am now working on the shia mosques; but maybe i waste my time if this point is already done by BC Team, and better than me, for 2.4.
    So i would be happy to have more informations about.
    I don't think we will wait a LONG time for 2.4....And i really like this idea for religions (it's amazing). About the Shia Mosques: Are the building models in a advanced state already? If so, can you post a picture or something like that?

Shia mosques and madrassas are now available as buildings for Oman and Sindh, but they look like other mosques/madrassas
    I want to see if Shia's imams are able to launch Shia's Jihad
    After that, I will work on orthodox states, patriarchs, and jews.

Shia factions, shia stuff, entirely playable
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 21, 2012 at 07:08 AM.

cool! have you also add Zoroastronians in India and somwhere in the Iranian Plateu?
    Last edited by Julio85; November 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

I just added jew religion, buildings, etc...
    Jew communities can only exist in "noble_cities", and be build by some determinate factions (Ayyubids, Oman, Georgia, Armenia, ERE, Abbasid, Seljuks, Roum)

Jewish community give more money to muslims rulers.
    At the moment i just found this early/temporary solution for jizzyah, (Jizzyah tax is one level more in trade).
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 21, 2012 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    cool! have you also add Zoroastronians in India and somwhere in the Iranian Plateu?
    Yes, but for the moment mazdeans are represented by heretics,
    so now, there is more "heretics" in Persia than before, and there is a little minority of "farsi" (still represented by heretics) in South India

ah ok, maybe you may add Zoroastrians quarter or small community like you did for the Jews? maybe the Holyfire?

with ofcourse increase tradable goods and this kind of things

where should I put the decrition file? in order to get this small but really appreciated changes?

hashashins, for Ismaelities you may add Alamut fortress and give at that region train assassins with higher skills and percentenge of conversion and public order like 5%.... I will think more about that, by the way are you a modder?

-The shia playable,
    -new descr_regions (with jews and shia added; more documented, more realistic)
    -New religious buildings (shia mosques/madrassa/jewishcommunity)

I know that in this time, zoroastrians were important in nomber (more than jews), but i need more information about their relationship with muslims rulers;

I will think more about that, by the way are you a modder?
    In fact, this is my first modding experience

Soon, patriarchats and patriarchs added. (I don't succed to have boarder of the image for building UI, i want to fix that)
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 21, 2012 at 07:08 AM.

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Release] Religious Realism for BrokenCrescent

Wow, awesome work! take my reps Sir

Edit: Maybe this is interesting for the developers? To incoporate it in the main mod, I don't know how advanced they are on that matter.

Default Re: [Release] Religious Realism for BrokenCrescent

Zoroastrianism added;
    Still working on unique buildings for copts, zoroastrians, shias...
    Some little fix to find for patriarchs system
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 21, 2012 at 07:09 AM.

Default Re: Religious Realism and Diversity for BC 2.3.2

I have added some unique buildings

Default Re: [BC2.3.22]Religious Realism and Diversity

I don't know, if someone know that before, but the "region_religion nameofthereligion X" system, used for recruitement in kingdoms (Britania or Crusades):
    can work for buildings (->impossible to build a jewish community whitout 5%jews for exemple)
    can work for incomes bonus and other stuff like that;

So, it means that Jizya script is possible:
    For exemple:
    more incomes for muslims rulers if there is more than 5%/10% jews
    more incomes for muslims rulers if there is more than 10%/20% zoroastrians
    more incomes for muslims rulers if there is more than 10%/30% christians

Default Re: Jizya script, Kafir and Dhimmis; Minorities in Islam, a minimod for BC 2.3.2

Jewish doctor ancillary added
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; November 22, 2012 at 10:53 AM.

Default Re: Jizya script, Kafir and Dhimmis; Minorities in Islam, a minimod for BC 2.3.2

Cool! congratulations!!

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast