Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: V4 Questions

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: V4 Questions

Quote Originally Posted by aaron98201834 View Post
    are you ever going to put this up some were else to download i just want to know because if your not i will stop coming here and waiting for it because i can't download from that site it keeps getting half way and stopping the torrent link does the same because theres no seeds for it.
    I really would like to download this i played V3 for so long and i love this mod so much i'm so upset that i can't even try it out.
    Version 4 shall be uploaded to another site AFTER the patch is ready.

And don't try threatening us with your leaving. T'is a silly thing to do and it won't help you out any more than just being silent about this. We're working on getting an even better release out, so please try and be patient. I realize that it has been a long time, but no need to become frustrated.

i was not threatening to leave i just said if it was not going to be uploaded to another site than i have no point in waiting around because i can't download it.

but i got it to downloaded now from that site it only took me 8times to get it to work.
    Last edited by aaron98201834; December 06, 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Is there some special criteria for free upkeep? In vanilla, I remember it only worked for units that could be recruited in that settlement and it always chose the most expensive first. As Avalon, I saw large numbers for free upkeep(10 for a castle!), and decided to make large garrisons while not destroying my economy with upkeep. To my dismay most of the heavy infantry, spearmen, and some cavalry seem to be exempt and won't turn to free upkeep no matter where I garrison them. Are specific units unable to garrison for free? If so, perhaps a descriptive trait could say that outright in their card so we don't end up biting off more than we can financially chew(e.g. "Bonus fighting cavalry, Can form shieldwall, No free upkeep in garrisons, etc.").

EDIT: Never mind, I read the tutorial about upkeeps and learned something, though it would be nice if there was an indication of upkeepability in their cards, without having to resort to making a mental list from the EDU.

EDIT2: Some of them don't seem to make sense. Avalon longbows are free but not Retinue. Honor Knights are but not mounted sergeants. Or any of the chivalric units it seems (except Squires).
    Last edited by deusvult6; December 07, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

EDIT2: Some of them don't seem to make sense. Avalon longbows are free but not Retinue. Honor Knights are but not mounted sergeants. Or any of the chivalric units it seems (except Squires).
    The reason is that some of them are free upkeep because they are militia and some are free because they are a noble unit. Those two groups are not professional soldiers. It's stated on their unit info .

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Ah, I didn't notice the distinction between professional and not. Thanks, I'll read the descriptions more carefully from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by deusvult6 View Post
    Thanks for this fun and interesting mod. I just started playing but so far it's pretty cool.

I have a question though, I thought I'd break it in by starting with a more generalized faction and started with Avalon. I was somewhat bummed when I discovered that none of their longbows have AP on any tier, a very useful feature I remember from the vanilla. At first, I decided to just be thankful for the extra 2 attack and assume that they just never bothered to invent bodkin arrows, but then I noticed that the Saethwyr in the Gaelic nations have AP(though not the AOR gaelic longbow unit) and after looking through the custom battle line-ups found that the Ly Kan longbow unit also has AP. Is this an intentional nerfing of the Avalonian units or what?

EDIT: I looked through the EDU to verify the stats and discovered that the Avalonians and Glyndwr (as well as Teutonic Longbowmen, the Koitsenko, and the Cave Man Bow unit, the last two having 8 vice 6 atk) use the same weapons and projectiles(quality/elite_bodkin_arrow) but are not given the same AP bonus. I understand Celtic Cavalry not receiving it but the others are using the same or better weapons in the same manner. Should the result not be the same?
    I am still curious about this though. Was there a specific reason for it?

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Ah, I didn't notice the distinction between professional and not. Thanks, I'll read the descriptions more carefully from now on.

I am still curious about this though. Was there a specific reason for it?
    The status/teir of the unit is explained in the unit info, its pretty straight forward and no one has ever struggled with the concept before.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; December 08, 2012 at 03:21 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Ah sorry, I understand about the upkeep now. The question in my previous post referred to my longbowmen armor piercing question that seems to have gotten buried.

EDIT: I looked through the EDU to verify the stats and discovered that the Avalonians and Glyndwr (as well as Teutonic Longbowmen, the Koitsenko, and the Cave Man Bow unit, the last two having 8 vice 6 atk) use the same weapons and projectiles(quality/elite_bodkin_arrow) but are not given the same AP bonus. I understand Celtic Cavalry not receiving it but the others are using the same or better weapons in the same manner. Should the result not be the same?.
    They all use the same weapon and projectitle type, do you think the Koitsenko and Avalon longbows construct their weapons and arrows in exactly the same way ? Even Retinue and Avalon lonbows would have differences in weapon and projectile quality. Their weapons and arrows are not exact clones of each other so their stats are different.

This way each unit is individual and not just clones using different models. Every unit is measured using a formula to ensure balance, this is based on PointBlanks work, where bodkins are not AP, I gave that ability to the a few elite longbow type units, this marks them as elites using the best tech in bows and arrows.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; December 08, 2012 at 04:58 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Are you still planning to allow us to download the mod from ohter sites ?
    In my case, don't know why, I'm asked to pay for being allowed to download the mod, no matter what options I'm trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarael View Post
    Are you still planning to allow us to download the mod from ohter sites ?
    In my case, don't know why, I'm asked to pay for being allowed to download the mod, no matter what options I'm trying.
    They are advertising banners, the download is free. However I will given time upload to other sites.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; December 09, 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Wolfsblut's Avatar Semisalis

I´ve gotten that problem too, when you click "back to slow download" nothing happens.

You must click the x in the upper right side, NOT the other one.

Then you can download the files as usual.
    May the earth be light upon you, lest the dogs can dig you out more easy.

So I noticed that when I kill off a faction, the remaining family members who are now landless turn rebel. When I fight them, their bodyguards become Mercenary Bodyguards. Those voices are pretty cool, I don't think I've seen that unit before.....

I noticed that the unit cards for Faustian line infantry have the new musket texture, like the ones used by Greystokes Infantry. On the battlefield however, the line infantry still use the old musket models. Mostly just an aesthetic issue for me, but is this intentional? Or are Faustian soldiers supposed to actually have the new textures?

Quote Originally Posted by etsmitchell View Post
    I noticed that the unit cards for Faustian line infantry have the new musket texture, like the ones used by Greystokes Infantry. On the battlefield however, the line infantry still use the old musket models. Mostly just an aesthetic issue for me, but is this intentional? Or are Faustian soldiers supposed to actually have the new textures?
    The unit cards show the same texture as the model uses, it is a picture taken in battle. What you see is what you get.

How would people feel about me changing the rebel/slave strat map colour scheme, to include a slight green wash (like their battle banners)

How it looks ingame
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I like it. Beats the old gray by a mile.

I'm using a brown-ish tint for rebels, so it matches the minimap rather than banners in battles. Even if this green isn't saturated too much, it feels a bit off for me and makes it hard to see major factions. It's still a huge improvement over the stock gray anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    I'm using a brown-ish tint for rebels, so it matches the minimap rather than banners in battles. Even if this green isn't saturated too much, it feels a bit off for me and makes it hard to see major factions. It's still a huge improvement over the stock gray anyway
    Green makes sense for continuity with the banners, and many of the major sub factions use a green scheme (Senate rebels, Medici, Mesopec). On the map it looks like terrain, and as can be seen on the screenie it does not clash with any proper factions which use green (Gaellics and Vashta).

I am currently testing giving the factions horde ability, so when they lose their last settlement they have a chance to make a comeback. This should help the Pale Knights in particular, In the test campagin I have run this afternoon, they lost their starting settlements, but then their new 'horde' stack took Ponda Baba and they manged to start rebuilding.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; December 22, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Green makes sense for continuity with the banners, and many of the major sub factions use a green scheme (Senate rebels, Medici, Mesopec). On the map it looks like terrain, and as can be seen on the screenie it does not clash with any proper factions which use green (Gaellics and Vashta).
    That's a very good point, you've convinced me

I am currently testing giving the factions horde ability, so when they lose their last settlement they have a chance to make a comeback. This should help the Pale Knights in particular, In the test campagin I have run this afternoon, they lost their starting settlements, but then their new 'horde' stack took Ponda Baba and they manged to start rebuilding.
    This is a most excellent idea. I hope you will release such a patch soon This will certainly spicen up the campaign a lot!

Foederatus

YES! DO IT!

I simply loved the returning factions on HHB submod for Kingdoms Gran Campaing mod. Surely would add even more randomness to the game