Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: V4 Questions

Default Re: V4 Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    How do you even fight the Preist of Callisto? One unit wipes out 5 of mine without getting close them, they just burn right up
    Archers? Artillery? Sending some cannon fodder? That's all I can come up with

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

How do you even fight the Preist of Callisto? One unit wipes out 5 of mine without getting close them, they just burn right up
    They require LOS, so use cover where possible or screen good crops with peasant/milita units. If you have artillery available then use them to target Priests.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Good, thanks guys

I was a big Rohan fan fromTATW mainly because they had an awesome Calvary. I love a good Calvary, who in Thera has they best Calvary?
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; January 18, 2013 at 04:14 PM.

I would guess Royaume de Merovangi. Just like vanilla France. I think in general the Chivalry factions have the best cavalry. Although some other factions do have some nice cavalry like the Romuli and Lao Che.

It might be the Teutonic Order, but in the circumstance that they have to go up against Norse shield walls I'm going to have to say the Dracule. The Pale Knights have similar circumstances going up against Muslim factions and the like.

The Lao Che are pretty similar to the vanilla Mongols so they have some really good cavalry, especially horse archers. The Meravangi are probably the best for heavy cavalry though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    The Lao Che are pretty similar to the vanilla Mongols so they have some really good cavalry, especially horse archers. The Meravangi are probably the best for heavy cavalry though.
    Well if you're not blitzing then it might be true that the Meravangi are the best, but in my experience of charge and retreat the Dracule worked the best. But even the basic Men-At-Arms pack a huge punch, so yes, you are correct.

Dracule has been a couple of times, ok never looked into them in fact I never fought them, thanks guys I gonna check these guys out you have some good stuff to look at

Does anyone know if all the ships from vanilla are on this mod? Or are third custom
    Ships in it?
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; January 19, 2013 at 04:13 AM.

works the mod with the "Really Bad AI"?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by NightfireXIV View Post
    works the mod with the "Really Bad AI"?
    cheers
    From that question, I can tell you're a Dutch speaking person . Also your "I want to be legionnaire" video was Dutch. To answer your question, I don't think it's compatible without some modding.

@Charger Bolt: the Islamic vessels from vanilla are not in the mod, except for the Dhow, which is renamed Wakkanea and is used by the Meso factions. Otherwise all vessels are in the mod I think.
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; January 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

I need assistance, playing as privateers my port was attacked by Uruks so I fought back, I even manage to take over Pyros, two turns later they came 1 full stack and 2 half stacks to Pyros. I'm not in a position for a full-scale war with them so I offered ceasefire, map information, 1000 money and 300 tribute for 10 turns and trade agreement since I was desperate, they accepted and left. It was short lived peace for two turns later they came back this time 2 full stacks and 2 half I offered everything again, everything except alliance since I don't want to be allies with them but they don't accept my peace offering. My question is why don't they? And what provoked them to attack me again even after peace?
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

Never trust the AI. I usually only do trade agreements with them.

Quote Originally Posted by kieran12 View Post
    Ya just got it working before you commented, thanks anyway. I unzipped it again and took out the old files and it seemed to work. Thanks though for helping.

Is there anyway to have my army permanently set at 250 men for each unit type.

I done it with Thera V3, but it occasionally it would reset back to default.

Anyone know is there a way to make sure it remains permanent?

yes, go to the cfg file in the mod folder, open it in "notepad", and look for the setting that says unit size. change it from large to huge, and it will always stay huge.

I need assistance, playing as privateers my port was attacked by Uruks so I fought back, I even manage to take over Pyros, two turns later they came 1 full stack and 2 half stacks to Pyros. I'm not in a position for a full-scale war with them so I offered ceasefire, map information, 1000 money and 300 tribute for 10 turns and trade agreement since I was desperate, they accepted and left. It was short lived peace for two turns later they came back this time 2 full stacks and 2 half I offered everything again, everything except alliance since I don't want to be allies with them but they don't accept my peace offering. My question is why don't they? And what provoked them to attack me again even after peace?
    Welcome to the Total war series lol .

Question for the First O'Niel why did you decided not to include merchants in the game?

Question for the First O'Niel why did you decided not to include merchants in the game?
    I can't speak for TFON but I think it has something to do with merchants making the AI's turn times take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    From that question, I can tell you're a Dutch speaking person . Also your "I want to be legionnaire" video was Dutch. To answer your question, I don't think it's compatible without some modding.

why Dutch? But nearly right, I'm German, but not from the "Faustischem Reich" but from Germany :-).
    I have tested the "Really Bad Ai" and the "Settlement Tweaks" a bit. and except for a few changes, it seems to be working fine so far... i hope with no ctd in the round 100
    I will report back if interested

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Would there ever be a chance for an emergent faction halfway through the game? It would be nice to really just let the hit the fan and have a really strong fanatical faction just appear and not only be a headache for the player but also someone who will actually sail to Inquisitor Island and whoop up on Zappas successor.

I am a little bored so I guess I might as well give a factoon basis even if it doesn't get used.
    They would be something like a medieval version of the Sea People with scale armor and maybe sickles/tridents. Cavalry would be minimum and so would gunpowder. Their ships would be pretty strong too. Their religion could either be the "Light" similar the The Wheel of Time series or sticking with the ocean theme some sea god/creature.

They would start off as a horde with something like 18 stacks (sounds ridicolous but hear me out). The stacks would be spread out over around 3 or 4 islands so to increase their ability to hurt many factions but also to actually gain a foothold somewhere. One group of around 3 or 4 stacks would always land on inquisitors Island while the rest would be random. (If possible) If not then landing near the Romuli and the Dominion would fit well with their background and infantry centric army. They could also get a ton of priests to convert large amounts of the population quickly, although that sounds like one of the more futile parts of my idea. Also their units would be low upkeep to lower the giant debt they would no doubt rack up.

If the main objection to this is that it wouldn't be available to the player then I have an idea for that too. If the player selects the Sea people to play as then he starts off turn one with two or three stacks on ships just east of Syrianna or west of Mesocala. The player can choose where they want to land and can sail to any Island they want (pretty much a migratory campaign with out a base. To deal with the scripted invasion on turn 50 then on turn one the player will get a pop up screen asking if they want to include the scripts or not so that way the player doesn't get a free "I win" once the invasion comes.

I can't say how much of my idea would even work but I figured at least it might give you guys an idea for a new faction should the thought ever arise.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

While I doubt O'Neill will go for it, I must say that the horde mechanic for factions already does a pretty good job.

And 18 stacks does sound ridiculous even if it is spread out. With a religious organization like you describe, it becomes necessary to gather support first. It would have to be gradual accumulation of large amounts of soldiers upon conversion. Just my thoughts though, so please don't be offended in any way.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

None taken . Now that I think about it 18 is very extreme and 10 would be enjoyable to fight against but still a little much.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.