Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

Excellent work on V4. It exceeded all expectations. One thing I did notice is that the Barka faction heir model has a hole in him.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I also don't think I can recruit the Sultan's Rifles.

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

in turn 2 I got a lot of generals and a boat in every harbour without any notice. I would like it if I had a notice so I knew they where there. Also I did not have a chance to turn them down so the economy was bad from turn 2. I eventually found out and started to dismiss some until there was a + in the economy again but that cant be WAD to put the player bankrupt from turn 2 on?
    I watch and Learn

Quote Originally Posted by Yo el Rey View Post
    They seem to be missing from the EDB. Can anyone confirm?

Been playing Darthmod Empire and it's been awhile since I played a Medieval 2 mod, but it's great to be back to Thera! Been almost a year, but the Holy Order of the Pale Knights rides again! So far I'm liking the increased rebel activity and some of the new unit options. Also liked the inclusion of the Italian city states as rebels (pale knights have a princess that starts next to Avalon) Great work as always!

Only played the privateers so far, and it's the most unique experience I've had in medieval 2 so far. V4 is very nice!

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Well I just started playing today
    Must say I am quite impressed with the changes made to the geography of the southern continent, well done. No bugs to report thus far
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Is it just me, or are the Vashta much more aggresive in Slavia? Also, I love the reworked Dracule, but I have one nitpick: The pobwory levies don't look NEARLY shabby enough. Some dirt and more slapsdash uniforms would go a long way to makign them look less... strangely uniform.
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

Default Dracule Spearmen

Hello all I've a quick question and I'm sorry if it's been asked and answered somewhere before, but how come dracule spearmen are no longer recruitable after you build a level 5(i think, either that or 4) barracks in a castle? They are replaced by dismounted blood knights for some odd reason, you should at least still be able to recruit them, since blood knights are available from chapterhouses and such. This is so far my only gripe, V4 is excellent, really well done guys

Playing privateers, and so far a great experience. I haven't encountered any bugs other than grammatical errors. I do love the small elite units, and the new map is great.

Callisto mages and Ly Kan Crossbows imba? Nah, even a unit of Spartan Cavalry can finish them with 2-3 charges.

I find it funny that even with such low stats, Bestiarii and Helots are still useful meatshields that can hold off Uruk Hai for a minute. That's all I need to charge in my Equites Lanciarii and Auxilia.

Poor Zappa, and this is turn 4 as you can see. Those Medici must've bribed all the right people.

Eek, the Meravangi lost an almost full stack as well and seem to be blocked in on the Europa side (turn 5). I'm thinking of starting a new campaign.

Maybe some of the unit spawns for the AI should come with high loyalty generals.

Edit: Ok, I guess they dealt with it no probs.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; November 20, 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Default Re: Dracule Spearmen

Probably just an oversight.

Another thing I noticed is that the Privateers get their Greystoke Rifles in the drill square while the other factions have to wait until barracks for their own gunpowder line inf. Could be intended though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post

Another thing I noticed is that the Privateers get their Greystoke Rifles in the drill square while the other factions have to wait until barracks for their own gunpowder line inf. Could be intended though.
    Totally intentional. Greystoke Inf are a bit inferior to Faustian Line, they may be shooting well, but are much worse in melee (at least that's my experience).

So far I've only played Wotan in V4, so I can't confirm bugs in other factions

Spartan Swords and Spartan Cavalry can only be trained with Citadel-level buildings and above, though they can be hired as mercs any time. This makes retraining......hard.

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    Totally intentional. Greystoke Inf are a bit inferior to Faustian Line, they may be shooting well, but are much worse in melee (at least that's my experience).

So far I've only played Wotan in V4, so I can't confirm bugs in other factions
    Stat wise the two units have identical sizes and attack values (both melee and ranged)

GRifles have less ammo (15 vs. 20) and worse ranged defence (3 armour vs. 4) but better melee def (3 armour + 7 def skill vs faust 4/4).

Grifles have better morale (12 vs. 10) and slightly better formation cohesion ("highly trained" vs. Faust's "trained" mental stats). They also have a better terrain bonus in scrub and a smaller penalty for sand.

Greystokes are more expensive to recruit (450 vs. 300) but both units' upkeep is the same.

Overall I'd say Greystoke Rifles are a bit better than Faustian Line Inf. FLI is only slightly more resilient under arrow fire. I doubt the ammo discrepancy makes much difference. Maybe in a very, very large battle. In any case not enough for it to be a balance reason. Maybe it's a fluff thing with Privateers being rifle fanatics or something.

Edit: Privateers have no arquebusiers/musketeers (only Peyota on the meso side) so that might be the reason but it's definitely a bonus I'd say. No grenadiers either and the Marines are poorly armoured compared to Stormtroopers. But then what about the Tahar, Barka or Dracule who also need the barracks. Ah, no biggie I guess.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; November 20, 2012 at 02:18 AM.

Today I saw the "ghost ship" for the first time. It looks looks cool, but weird in Romuli lands. Go home ship, you're drunk .

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

I've seen the ghost ship only when fighting around Arandorf, but this is also nice I have no problem with the ships being present in other parts of Thera, I treat those as the remnants of the Great Torment.

Thanks for the replies guys, can anyone tell me how I can make the spearmen recruitable from Level 5 barracks? Cheers

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Frodge View Post
    how come dracule spearmen are no longer recruitable after you build a level 5(i think, either that or 4) barracks in a castle?
    Thats an error, I will correct

Quote Originally Posted by Yo el Rey View Post
    They seem to be missing from the EDB. Can anyone confirm?
    This unit was in and out of the gme at various stages of development, so I must have forgotten to add them back into the tech tree, I will correct

It is intented that they hit 'line infantry' type troops eariler than the Faust and others. In the patch I have updated the Privateer lore, to try and help people get past some of their misinterpretations of this factions
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Overall I'd say Greystoke Rifles are a bit better than Faustian Line Inf. FLI is only slightly more resilient under arrow fire. I doubt the ammo discrepancy makes much difference. Maybe in a very, very large battle. In any case not enough for it to be a balance reason. Maybe it's a fluff thing with Privateers being rifle fanatics or something.

Edit: Privateers have no arquebusiers/musketeers (only Peyota on the meso side) so that might be the reason but it's definitely a bonus I'd say. No grenadiers either and the Marines are poorly armoured compared to Stormtroopers. But then what about the Tahar, Barka or Dracule who also need the barracks. Ah, no biggie I guess.
    On my privateer campaign, I've noticed that in early game we have a large amount of missile units, which is nice for field battles, but I seem to hurt for melee units for siege battles - at least to capture the walls to then bring in my rifle units. I am starting to love the buccaneer unit, as they are a nice mix of both "ranged" and melee, and the pirates are hardier than most light infantry. I also feel like the GR have worse accuracy than faustian line, but I haven't played faust since V3, and my memory might just be the inaccurate one.