Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    I do the same thing as the Romuli when faced with rebel stacks that contain Praetorianii purgationes and Cataphracts that I can't train yet. I see it as the AI cheating so I cheat back. It balances out.
    It's not cheating at all. It's what they get for units. If you had Praetorians as a unit in the beginning and the rebels did not, would you consider that cheating?

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

If people want the rebels to be peasant spearmen and archers like vanilla, I can make a file for that. But there is not a way to code it that the AI only produces rebels that contain units that you have reached in the tech tree.

Personally I prefer the challenge of meeting quaility elites in the rebel stacks and am prepared to look past the occasional instance where they have a unit higher than my current tech tree.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 18, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Personally I prefer the challenge of meeting quaility elites in the rebel stacks and am prepared to look past the occasional instance where they have a unit higher than my current tech tree.
    I agree, taking on these rebels can be a pain (lose 1300 men while taking a rebel castle).
    But it has huge added value to the campaign, it becomes more challenging and fun

I quite like having the more powerful rebels, especially in places like Europa they can make the early game a lot harder by stopping me expanding too quickly.

One little error that I've spotting though is in the little intro text that comes up for the Wotan (I think it's the 3rd one); it describes the Valhalla as mobilising in the East. Shouldn't this say that they're in the West instead?

Raivedys's Avatar Laetus

First of all i'd like to say that i realy like how this mod has progressed (been playing since v2), but i've got a little problem. I'm playing Avalon campaign and i noticed that the Gaelic nations has a really big income (big as in 70k a turn i think), later when i reduced them to only 1 castle ( Atha Cullan ) i made them my protectorate and now i'm getting the unnecessarily big income, so how can i fix this? And also I noticed that my troops desert more often than in V3 is this supposed to happen or i'm just such a bad King?

Quote Originally Posted by Raivedys View Post
    First of all i'd like to say that i realy like how this mod has progressed (been playing since v2), but i've got a little problem. I'm playing Avalon campaign and i noticed that the Gaelic nations has a really big income (big as in 70k a turn i think), later when i reduced them to only 1 castle ( Atha Cullan ) i made them my protectorate and now i'm getting the unnecessarily big income, so how can i fix this??
    The AI recieves substantial cash support, I had not considered the protectorate implications Let me ponder what changes to the script will fix this in the most elegant fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raivedys View Post
    And also I noticed that my troops desert more often than in V3 is this supposed to happen or i'm just such a bad King?
    Generals are more likely to rebel, especially if they are in a region where their religion is not the dominant faith

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Raivedys's Avatar Laetus

Well then i guess i'll just need to annex my little pet

Conchubhair's Avatar Tiro

Well I love the Rebels like the Otterback and Vexile forces but the randoms spawns with my elite forces that I don't have yet are not fun... they are just sore to fight and frustrate me... so auto_win attacker. When I'm more advanced it will not be a problem but for now.
    Last edited by Conchubhair; November 18, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
    'Tis hard to hold a couger by the tail.
    Alt+F4 because life is full of surprises

Faustian Reich - Forlone Hope - Typo in Description
    ? Are you sure ?

Edit ::: I guess not

Ref the rebels -if you have found a workaround that you are happy with alls good

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13 View Post
    After playing for about an hour as the Romuli, I came across one of the random ship masts, just east of Vulcium. Just figured I'd report it.
    Looks like the fix for this is to remove the 'water' folders located
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\theraV4\data\settlements
    and
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\theraV4\data\blockset

but I need to investigate, and I doubt this is save game compatiable.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 18, 2012 at 04:21 PM.

Afaik, the best way to deal with the rebels thing would be to remove slave ownership from the units you don't want to see in the rebel stacks. That way you could "fine tune" your rebels. Unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Afaik, the best way to deal with the rebels thing would be to remove slave ownership from the units you don't want to see in the rebel stacks. That way you could "fine tune" your rebels. Unless I'm missing something.
    But then when a players stack turns rebel these units morph, something I am not happy with. I dont see a problem with current rebel mechanic, it may not be to everyones taste, but it is as it was designed.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 18, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

It really stops you from blitzing across the land, and adds a degree of randomness to Thera. Now I can take my time to build up because every 3rd AI army that was going to conquer me decides to turn brigand and get crushed.

It's also funny watching Zappa kill one of his armies every turn too.
    Last edited by IGdood; November 18, 2012 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    It's also funny watching Zappa kill one of his armies every turn too.
    That's the best thing ever.

Also, I've learned to transfer my troops without a general in short jumps between settlements, so they just don't randomly rebel. It requires a bit more planning.

Use forts as pit stops.

Small suggestion. Since the Lao Che represent "Asia" (Mongolia, Japan, China), why not add a small Korean influence? Rename the Rocket Launcher to "Hwacha" or the Theran dialect/joke equivalent, "GOTCHA".

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    That's the best thing ever.

Also, I've learned to transfer my troops without a general in short jumps between settlements, so they just don't randomly rebel. It requires a bit more planning.
    When sending out armies I will often send out 2 x half stacks (each under a general) rather than risk losing a full stack, I then have then join up before the battle or siege. I only trust full stacks with high loyalty generals.

The two half stacks have to remain close to each other whilst travelling though so they can support each other if ambushed or attacked.

This probably explains why on H the AI splits a full stack into 6-8 smaller stacks and surrounds my single stacks. Pretty effective as it forces me to make a ring of men.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I've seem to be the only lucky one here, as I have yet to lose an army in my Hispanic or Valhalla games

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Started a Dracule campaign. It's really frickin' epic, though I decided to turtle and am beginning to get bored just hitting end turn over and over (decided I'll invade more of Slavia when I hit turn 50). Think I'm going to run a Privateer campaign next, though I'll have to do a bit of tinkering - it just feels wrong to play as non-Christians, so I always edit the religion first (yes, even with Muslim factions like the Tahar, I'm weird). Additionally, I used to really dislike the Hispanic faction (felt really boring) but now they look interesting. And I'm of course holding back on the Romuli, they'll undoubtedly take all my time when I get to them. My only real suggestion is to improve all the musket models. And I have a question: How do you get ETW strat map models into M2? There's no way you made them look that similar, and so if you could tell me the method I'd like to ask permission from an ETW mod to use their models and using that method create Civil War soldiers in my own little mod.

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

I saw the hintings of an "Historical Battles" in the single player menu. Does that mean we get to experience them, soon?
    Will they be narrated beforehand, if yes? I'm so excited!
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    It's not cheating at all. It's what they get for units. If you had Praetorians as a unit in the beginning and the rebels did not, would you consider that cheating?
    no, because I wouldn't be able to retrain them until I built the appropriate barracks. I've seen rebel half stacks of just Caesarian Legionaries, Purgationes, and cataphracts.

But everybody plays differently and I will undoubtedly tweak the stats of units in the game to my liking now that we have a public release.