Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

Started a few days ago on V4, with my favorites from the past versions, Romuli. Unfortunately, things are not so good as it was in V3. Somehow, AI has vast amount of money and huge armies, while I barely struggle to field one full roster army with my finances. On top of that Barka is expanding aggressively in Hesperos. while Dominion can quickly overrun the cities close to my territories (Heraclea). I suspect there are some scripts to give AI extra armies and maybe cash too.
    Regardless, I kind of handled them, as in after capturing Rhegium and Capua moved fast on Hesperos, destroyed 3 Barka armies and captured 3 cities in a very short time (Elysium, Colchis and Troy). Barka rule over Hesperos was over, but at the same time Dominion invaded. Managed to defeat them near Sirmium and then sent an army by sea at Kobolos. Won that battle too, but then I had to face 3 Dominium elite armies including those nasty green gunners and flying monsters. I was defeated, obviously and now my campaign is pretty much over. Finances are killing me. I mostly have 5k or less gold each turn, so I had no way of building large armies.

Rushing an AI faction from the start I suspect no longer works if the AI gets some armies for free. Did that before, destroying the Dominium in the first 15 turns.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Merchant Agents?

Aye, but the All-Father is just that, the All-Father.

It's a non-quote from the game, with the All-Father being TFON, the creator of all of the dieties of Thera.

The quote was just my way of saying TFON doesn't like merchants, so that's why they aren't in-game.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

It might need a better explanation. As maybe The Great Torment came because of merchants. That or maybe merchants were simply displaced during the Great Torment to our world by magic.
    But the religious POV works too.

Maybe try to build alliance with barka at start if you can spare a princess.

Is there a V5 in development?

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Sloul View Post
    Maybe try to build alliance with barka at start if you can spare a princess.
    Alliance with them? No thank you. I make alliance with Pale Knights. I sent a diplomat up north in Europa, basically because that's where a good princess, Cecilia of Avalon usually is, for my heir. Cecilia was there, but also Pale Knights princess.
    And the fact that Barka starts in Hesperos, makes them enemy first and possible ally much later. I kind of hate these overseas colonies for various factions. Vashta for example, has some provinces far, far away. Same with other factions. Makes them expand very, very fast and the turtle kind of game is very bad for your health, especially with Romuli. Maybe nerfing rebels even further to spawn some armies might be good too.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

i have two crashes. one where you scroll over the americas map too fast (as pirates or w/e) and one where you choose hotseat with the hispania (guys who start near the pirates) (sorry if i got the name wrong)

don't know if it is replicable but i thought i would report it an ask if i can do any temp fixes?

A better explanation is: TFON doesn't like merchants. They mess up with turn time, especially on such a big map and large pool of movement points. Resource trade values were rebalanced so you get the money anyway via roads, ports and trade buildings.

Default Throwing axe crash

Absolutely love the Mod. I played it like 3 years ago and then had a rush of nostalgia demanding I play it again. (no one does the Celtic people right except in this mod.) I have one weird problem though. It doesnt sound like anyone else has it but whenever the Morrigans sworn Throw their axes my game shuts down and the warning for an unspecified error pops up. Anyone else get that? I installed the mod but probably failed somehow. Any Ideas?

I downloaded and installed the patch but nothing really changed.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: Throwing axe crash

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenvald View Post
    Absolutely love the Mod. I played it like 3 years ago and then had a rush of nostalgia demanding I play it again. (no one does the Celtic people right except in this mod.) I have one weird problem though. It doesnt sound like anyone else has it but whenever the Morrigans sworn Throw their axes my game shuts down and the warning for an unspecified error pops up. Anyone else get that? I installed the mod but probably failed somehow. Any Ideas?

I downloaded and installed the patch but nothing really changed.
    Some people have had this issue, it appears to be compatiability issue with some peoples set up. All I can suggest to fix/work around it is to change any units that use thrown axes, you need to change the ammo type from thrown_axes to javelins in the EDU
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; May 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Default Re: Throwing axe crash

Alright, thanks for the reply O'Neill. I'll find em. Thats too bad, i can't think of anything more Gaelic than burly, angry guys covered in bear piss, throwing axes at people, honestly a huge spear works just as good on the manliness point.

MaskedWaltz's Avatar Tiro

The Mod's great! I found something strange with the Avalon Honour Knights though and I'm not sure if it's just a faulty install on my part or not.

The Honour Knights seem to refer to themselves as "Heavy Infantry" instead of Cavalry whenever selected. Am I the only one experiencing this bug? It really isn't gamebreaking but it breaks the immersion whenever I hear them refer to themselves as Heavy Infantry. (This also led to me messing up my own sound files by accident when I tried to find the cause for it )
    Last edited by MaskedWaltz; May 21, 2013 at 08:22 AM.

MaskedWaltz's Avatar Tiro

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but I just noticed that the Avalon foot guard and the Knights of avalon take 5 and 6 turns to train respectively. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or not but I haven't seen any of the other units take that long to train. Also not sure if it was just my install.

I have a problem playing as the Teutonic Order, any faction members that linger in Wolfsburg are given the 'Sword of Valiente' relic. I ignored it and keep most generals out of wolfsburg to stop it occurring but its not ideal. Any ideas on how I can self fix this?

One other problem, sometimes enemy barka archer units are invisible on battlemap. Very strange.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post
    I have a problem playing as the Teutonic Order, any faction members that linger in Wolfsburg are given the 'Sword of Valiente' relic. I ignored it and keep most generals out of wolfsburg to stop it occurring but its not ideal. Any ideas on how I can self fix this?

One other problem, sometimes enemy barka archer units are invisible on battlemap. Very strange.
    Sounds like you have not applied the patch, both those issues were fixxed in the patch
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; June 02, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Sounds like you have not applied the patch, both those issues were fixxed in the patch
    Fixed it now.

Other problem:
    I can't use any build-able siege weapons (cannon, catapult etc) when attacking settlements from "city" level upwards, the battlemap loads fine but ctds when I press to start the battle.

I can use them on all smaller settlements (town etc) with no problem.

Any ideas?

Edit: just had a city siege with weaps that worked.... Strange.
    Last edited by CrayonVonCaesar; June 09, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Saw something strange around turn 60 as the Dracule. A crusade was called on Ponda Baba and I was notified that the Wotan had joined the crusade and were at war with the Barka. I didn't see any crusade armies and it hasn't caused any crashes.

Now I'm repeatedly getting a crash on turn 69 during the Wotan turn. Here's the last lines on the log

14:49:28.624 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/theraV4/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/013.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    14:49:28.624 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/theraV4/data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/013.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    14:49:28.650 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    14:49:28.650 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    14:49:28.995 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

Default Some toughts

Hey everyone, i´ve been having some toughts i would like to share, if you are willingly.

first of all, i saw this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ased-(17-7-12) and this: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...-Portrait-Pack
    and tough they would make great additions to the mod, especially the much needed oriental portraits for lao che. i havent asked permission to convert any to use here publically, but i´ve sucessfully installed the SS one in Thera for PERSONAL USE and its much better then the medieval I viking portraits, even with some recognizable actors on it. its a very simple installation, the autor had it pretty narrowed down.

my second tough is actually an offer for the creators of thera, i would like to offer to remake the portuguese names for the hispanic tribes, as they arent correct for any portuguese speaker in any part of the world, trust me; and i know its the dialect of thera, but i would like to refine it a bit, i know how to, so i can do it alone; im brazillian and thats our native language, so dont worry about me doing it worse, and i will only use the ones of true portuguese origin, nothing that was created in Brazil, like "Kaique" and others, just pm me, i dont need any credit for it. i wouldnt offer publicaly, but im not sure who are the creators of thera, so, posted here.

and thats all for now, let me know what you think, thanks for the attention.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Kabeloko View Post
    Hey everyone, i´ve been having some toughts i would like to share, if you are willingly.

first of all, i saw this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ased-(17-7-12) and this: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...-Portrait-Pack
    and tough they would make great additions to the mod, especially the much needed oriental portraits for lao che.
    Portraits are culture driven not faction, so you cannot have lao che specific portraits, Tahar, Barka, and Vashta would all also end up using the oriental portraits, a far worse situation in my opinion.

my second tough is actually an offer for the creators of thera, i would like to offer to remake the portuguese names for the hispanic tribes, as they arent correct for any portuguese speaker in any part of the world, trust me; and i know its the dialect of thera, but i would like to refine it a bit, i know how to, so i can do it alone; im brazillian and thats our native language, so dont worry about me doing it worse, and i will only use the ones of true portuguese origin, nothing that was created in Brazil, like "Kaique" and others, just pm me, i dont need any credit for it. .
    The mod was designed for a primary english speaking audience, if you wish to change for your personal copy fair enough. I dont think something this trivial (in my opinion) warrants a submod.

i wouldnt offer publicaly, but im not sure who are the creators of thera, so, posted here.

and thats all for now, let me know what you think, thanks for the attention.
    The development team are all clearly listed in the preview threads, you could always just look at my signature for a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Yo el Rey View Post
    Saw something strange around turn 60 as the Dracule. A crusade was called on Ponda Baba and I was notified that the Wotan had joined the crusade and were at war with the Barka. I didn't see any crusade armies and it hasn't caused any crashes.
    How are the wotan involved on a crusade, have you changed their religon ?
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; June 15, 2013 at 06:38 PM.