Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by dacrazymofo View Post
    Hi! I've been lurking this mod for a few years now lol, ive played the older versions but now this version is amazing! Loving the quality of the map and the awesome history of all the factions!

There are a few things, well suggestions of sorts that I would like to add, if they are good, implement them eventually if not, well I made my voice heard

1. The sycorax get cheap mammoths, not sure if its for balance vs the valhallans, but maybe you should give the other nations a cheap, low pool heavy unit like the mammoths, or change the mass values on some units to make them large and be effective against large units.

2. You already have plenty of fantasy elements in the mod because of the uruks, are you considering implementing more fantasy units, especially in the case of dracul and maybe the northmen? You could also do it for other factions like adding a geenie or something of the sort for the islamic nations.

3. The hispanic slingers share the same model with the low tier hispanic javelinmen. This gives the javelinmen an odd animation and probably a few errors when using their projectiles.

Aside from that, excellent job and loving the mod!

1. isnt needed,imo, all the factions have pros and cons, this is the Sycorax's trump card.
    2. Dracule dont need any fantasy units, they already have a very strong roster, Genie sounds silly
    3. I believe that was fixed in the patch (animations have nothing to do with the model.)
    Aside from that, excellent feedback, enjoy the mod.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    1. isnt needed,imo, all the factions have pros and cons, this is the Sycorax's trump card.
    2. Dracule dont need any fantasy units, they already have a very strong roster, Genie sounds silly
    3. I believe that was fixed in the patch (animations have nothing to do with the model.)
    Aside from that, excellent feedback, enjoy the mod.
    As for number 2, I think that it's a bit unrealistic to put all the fantasy into one faction. It would be nice to see other factions use out-of-this-world elements. I mean, more like Kulkula riders, Mammucs, Jotnarr and Aztlan, but for more factions. Still, as usual, the mod is 100% as it is .

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    As for number 2, I think that it's a bit unrealistic to put all the fantasy into one faction. It would be nice to see other factions use out-of-this-world elements. I mean, more like Kulkula riders, Mammucs, Jotnarr and Aztlan, but for more factions. Still, as usual, the mod is 100% as it is .
    My own modding experience is zeeeroo so I wouldn't be able to help, just add suggestions. But what he says is spot on to what I was trying to get across, you could, but don't have to, add more units to the faction rosters to change balance, you can just change some skins and make it even more awesome, then again, its just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by dacrazymofo View Post
    My own modding experience is zeeeroo so I wouldn't be able to help, just add suggestions. But what he says is spot on to what I was trying to get across, you could, but don't have to, add more units to the faction rosters to change balance, you can just change some skins and make it even more awesome, then again, its just a thought
    Well, adding more units would not really be an option, because I believe the unit limit has been reached. But I do see some potential to replace some units with more fantasy inspired ones. But then again, how do you make super-awesome even more awesome eh?

All the units you mention are available to all factions as either zor units or mercs, as are Ly Kan and Uruk variants. You clearly want a more fantasy based mod than what thera is or was intended to be. This isnt COW or TATW, the balance we have struck is the very essence of Thera.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

The only fantasy unit I want to see are dragons, and that isn't happening.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Might be bug but me new Gaelic faction leader has not been crowned I moved him to the capital it's been 9 turns and it stills says not yet crowned

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    Might be bug but me new Gaelic faction leader has not been crowned I moved him to the capital it's been 9 turns and it stills says not yet crowned
    No there is no bug , how many Ancs does your Gaelic leader hold at the moment ?

All the units you mention are available to all factions as either zor units or mercs, as are Ly Kan and Uruk variants. You clearly want a more fantasy based mod than what thera is or was intended to be. This isnt COW or TATW, the balance we have struck is the very essence of Thera.
    I think you mistunderstood it a bit. Maybe I expressed myself unclearly. What I actually meant was not more fantasy elements but more alternate history elements, like units riding an animal into battle that wasn't use in the real world. Basically more of what we already have, if you understand. But again, this is not a request or anything, just a thought, as I am already more than happy with Thera as it is .

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

you make a valid point about the one nation having all the fantasy in the mod. I do not know what the hell happened in Uruk Dominion lands to get such a clusterfck of species . And always found it odd myself that this one region seems to spawn so many odd creatures. You got Uruks, Ly Kan, Reptari, and Human, and flying gargoyles (i know..evolved version of reptari) all residing in this one section of the world.. But at the same time that is what gives te Uruk Dominion it's charm. It is the only nation that really could be considered a "Fantasy" nation at it's core (i mean the entire mod is a bit of fantasy). But the beauty of Thera is you can choose to integrate Fantasy Units into the "non-fantasy" Factions simply by traveling to another land and recruiting the locals. I always enjoy sending a large group of priests/shamans to a land before i conquer it so i can raise that regions religion to atleast 50% of my own religion. Then i like to form armies of the local mercs from that area and use that nations own people to attack the settlements but i am a hardcore role playing geek so Thera suits my needs quite well
    Last edited by Macrath; February 10, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

I do the same, sort of leading a rebellion with little but financial backing from my own actual faction.

No there is no bug , how many Ancs does your Gaelic leader hold at the moment ?
    Gotcha, maxed out

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    you make a valid point about the one nation having all the fantasy in the mod. I do not know what the hell happened in Uruk Dominion lands to get such a clusterfck of species . And always found it odd myself that this one region seems to spawn so many odd creatures. You got Uruks, Ly Kan, Reptari, and Human, and flying gargoyles (i know..evolved version of reptari) all residing in this one section of the world.. But at the same time that is what gives te Uruk Dominion it's charm. It is the only nation that really could be considered a "Fantasy" nation at it's core (i mean the entire mod is a bit of fantasy). But the beauty of Thera is you can choose to integrate Fantasy Units into the "non-fantasy" Factions simply by traveling to another land and recruiting the locals. I always enjoy sending a large group of priests/shamans to a land before i conquer it so i can raise that regions religion to atleast 50% of my own religion. Then i like to form armies of the local mercs from that area and use that nations own people to attack the settlements but i am a hardcore role playing geek so Thera suits my needs quite well
    Yes, that's actually what I meant all this time . Sure you got your Aztlan, Jotnarr, and kukula's, but it could use just that tiny bit more. Although I'm not saying that the mod should be loaded with fantasy elements. In terms of percentages you could say that the other factions could use 5%-10% more fantasy or 1-2 units max. As I stated in my previous post, they don't have to be all that fantasy inspired either (like the Uruks), more like "extreme alternate history" if you understand what I mean by that .

This
    "5%-10% more fantasy or 1-2 units max"
    "more like "extreme alternate history"
    Makes no sense at all

The fanatsy/realism balance is never going to please everyone, in such cases I revert to what I like, and believe is correct.

And as I have already said, I think the current state of affairs is correct, so wont be changing.

In other news, this weekend I have been working back on the Uruk 'Silverback' skin, I am sorry but I cant remember who was asking about this.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 11, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

This

Makes no sense at all

The fanatsy/realism balance is never going to please everyone, in such cases I revert to what I like, and believe is correct.

And as I have already said, I think the current state of affairs is correct, so wont be changing.

In other news, this weekend I have been working back on the Uruk 'Silverback' skin, I am sorry but I cant remember who was asking about this.
    Nah I'm not explicitly asking to change things, it's just my thoughts. But hurray on the new skins . Anymore new things coming?

Gotcha, maxed out
    Another reason why I am not sold on the heir anc, when I mentioned us maxing out characters. Most anc in Thera are transferable, so you can manage your generals proactively.

Another reason why I am not sold on the heir anc, when I mentioned us maxing out characters. Most anc in Thera are transferable, so you can manage your generals proactively.
    Also with "extreme alternate history" I meant something that's possible, but unthinkable in our own earthly history. For example: A unit of domesticated battle tigers, or a unit of soldiers riding bears. Those sort of things are already in the mod. Just wanted to explain the term, because, to me that term makes perfectly sense .

Also with "extreme alternate history" I meant something that's possible, but unthinkable in our own earthly history. For example: A unit of domesticated battle tigers, or a unit of soldiers riding bears. Those sort of things are already in the mod. Just wanted to explain the term, because, to me that term makes perfectly sense .
    There is a mod that has a bear riding Calvary. Thought for the natives you know how we have dog unit they can have a jaguar unit

There is a mod that has a bear riding Calvary.
    Really dont like that idea Im afraid.

Thought for the natives you know how we have dog unit they can have a jaguar unit
    This is something I actually tried, but I could never get the model and skin to an acceptable level

Spam canned