Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

Well, the Gaels were just crushed by the Romuli, so TFON might hate me now. But anyhow, fun campaign. What are the chances that all four of Beowulf's kids are girls?

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Well, the Gaels were just crushed by the Romuli, so TFON might hate me now.
    Now ?

The Gaels must learn to stand on their own. I have furnished them with a good roster, it is up to them to use it correctly

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Alright, I'll give you that.

Alrighty then. Well, the Avalon scum have the southern half and the Romuli the northern half.

sheba021's Avatar Civis

Well I can get to 50 turns with a faction on average before I get the urge to try a different one. Currently starting my 6th. This mod is not good for ppl with ADHD

Quote Originally Posted by sheba021 View Post
    Well I can get to 50 turns with a faction on average before I get the urge to try a different one. Currently starting my 6th. This mod is not good for ppl with ADHD
    Why not just run concurrent campaigns ?

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

I do that occasionally. Or I play a different mod, then come back and go "HOLY CRAP I MISSED OUT".

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Turn 70 of my Uruk Campaign on VH/VH...and it is...Very Hard . By this point in Version 3 i would have been dominating the south and looking north for new targets, this is no longer the case in version 4.

My first attempt at an Uruk campaign i decided to test out the classic blitz strategy and went after eastern lands quite early, which resulted in war with the Romuli before turn 10. The Romuli proceeded to send their legions to take my eastern regions, which i was able to defend with little losses but they had effectively stopped my progression to the east. During the conflict with the Romuli the Lao Che had expanded much faster then i expected, and due to very poor scouting of the western lands they were soon sharing a border with me..and of course invading my Territory.. With war on both fronts and only enough resources to support 1 roaming army i was in serious trouble. I ended that campaign around turn 30 and restarted a more...strategic approach at the Uruk campaign.

Right off the bat i sent envoys to the Romuli people to seek an alliance, also i was careful not to expand too far east so as not to upset the Romulis plans. Also i was able to use my princess to convert the leader of the Romuli military on to my side. For a long while (until i seduced another Romuli General) he was my only general that offered any kind of population bump to the Settlements he governed and it was a big 8% bump. So he was very useful in upgrading select cities/castles. After securing an Alliance with the Romuli i turned my attention to the west and began expanding..probably too quickly.. and after many battles with the Lao Che i was able to move in to their lands capturing three of their settlements an effectively giving me control of the western plains. With the Lao Che now being held to the most western Provinces and a Stong alliance still holding 65 turns later with the Romuli i am poised to push the Lao che from the south. but first my cities are in serious need of attention as the war prevented me from spending any coin on advancement. So now i bide my time and expand my treasury until i can support the proper forces needed to make the final push on the Lao Che dogs.

So far this has been the most challenging, well balanced, and overall rewarding total war campaign i have ever played. So i felt i just had to throw Daily a line and request that he feature your great work on an episode of Total Warcast, i imagine he must have contacted you about it by now. Hopefully you will allow him to feature Thera in his program and perhaps appear on the show yourself to give people an inside look at the mod. I really think more people should know about this mod, because quite simply anyone who has not played Thera is really missing out on one of the best Total War experiences available.
    Thnk you Mr Oneil once again, just amazing what you have done with this mod
    Now Back to Thera!

sheba021's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Why not just run concurrent campaigns ?
    I am I'm just whining because the mod is so awesome.

By the way, can you tell me which custom songs you used for the Lao Che campaign? There is a song that I heard but can not identify the artist. IDX is showing it as "(lao_che_campaign)lao_che_campaign9.mp3" and winamp is showing it as "Track 03." Tried tunatic but it couldn't identify it. I'm in love with the song, it's a gorgeous chill out tune and I would like to hear more from whoever made it.
    Last edited by sheba021; February 02, 2013 at 05:39 AM.

I'm still laughing at the idea of any Dominion princess seducing anybody. Dang furries...

I'm still laughing at the idea of any Dominion princess seducing anybody. Dang furries...
    Some of them do look rather atractive... in some sort of way .

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Eww.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Are not all Dominion Princesses human, though? If I recall correctly, Uruks and Ly Kan are only male, and they have to breed with humans to create their kind.

Eww.
    What? They're humans after all, like all uruk women are. The only difference to normal humans is that they have this whole gothic thing going on.
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; February 02, 2013 at 04:27 PM.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

I was playing as the Sycorax Nation, and we ran into a problem: when I got fifty provinces, the game starts to play the victory video, but it then crashes.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 03, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

Another issue I noted is with Trebuchets (As the Romuli, idk if they're different for every faction). There are five of them lined up nice and neatly, but only two of them actually fire. Also, when the trebuchets were in range and I ordered them to fire, they decided to move closer >.>

Something I abused early on in the campaign. The Barka (and afterwards the Gaels) kept landing armies at Colchis, after I captured it. The moment they laid siege, I would use my diplomat, ask them for a ceasefire in return for them giving me 1000 florins. Me being very generous, of course. Rinse and repeat every ten turns or so. I reckon I could've earned a lot more money off that.

Discussion (now removed) is wandering into areas not suitable for this forum, please continue your discussions via PM.

If you find the lore of the mod unpleasant feel free to move onto another mod.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 03, 2013 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Discussion (now removed) is wandering into areas not suitable for this forum, please continue your discussions via PM.

If you find the lore of the mod unpleasant feel free to move onto another mod.
    Hey, I'm only discussing lore you wrote into your mod. I'm not making this up, or bringing it to a place you didn't already put it. I only wander into places you already led me to.

As an author, I thought you'd be open to new perspectives
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 04, 2013 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BATUBATUBATU View Post
    Hey, I'm only discussing lore you wrote into your mod. I'm not making this up, or bringing it to a place you didn't already put it. I only wander into places you already led me to.

As an author, I thought you'd be open to new perspectives .
    The only entry in the game is in the building description : "This complex allows them mate with viable females. These are often captured human females, "

You read far more into it than is spelt out in the lore, there are alternatives to filling in the gaps than you have option you have chose. However I have attached an amended file that will hopefully soothe your sensitivities with the current description

You have voiced your concerns and I have offered a fix. If you still dont like the mod and its story then feel free to move on.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 04, 2013 at 10:45 AM.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

How about adding Foreign faction leader death notifications and your own princess and foreign faction princess become
    Of age notifications and since its a fantasy mod so real Islamic tradition are really present why not add Islamic princess?

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    How about adding Foreign faction leader death notifications and your own princess and foreign faction princess become
    Of age notifications?
    Because the extra scripting increases AI turn speed, whilst adding nothing of real value

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    and since its a fantasy mod so real Islamic tradition are really present why not add Islamic princess?
    I have already answered this question.