Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

Don't know if its a glitches or designed that way or it could be just bad luck on round 72, 3 of generals died of old age and 3
    Rebelled against me all 6 in one turn

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrenia View Post
    I know that people have had this problem before, but I will post it anyway because my case seems a little more extreme than that which has been described previously. I have been trying to download V4, both as a single unit and as separate pieces, but after downloading only 100MB, it tells me that I need to wait 7 hours to start again. At that rate it will take me about a week to download the whole mod (assuming I'm able to resume the download on time each time), and Chrome doesn't like the whole stop/start download. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to make it somewhat less painful (short of buying a gold account)?

Also, really looking forward to seeing what changes have been made in V4. I've read about some and can't wait to experience them for myself
    I would just download the whole thing in one go and just do something else while it downloads..

I've installed patch V4.001a, and the new rebel strat colours aren't showing. It's still gray instead of green.

Oh and 100% sure V4.001a is installed and running.

EDIT: Also, the swords on the Caesar's bodyguard seems to be bend on the tip. See image.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; January 12, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

I keep getting an "Unspecified Error" message followed by a CTD. I will be playing the game just fine when it happens randomly and it seems to be triggered by me clicking on just about anything (a unit stack, a town, or even the end turn button). I went to find the error log but there was none there. Any suggestions?

I was fighting against the Aztec type faction, sorry forgot their names, anyways they ride these giant lizard/Dino type animals as Calvary but they sound like horses and not some other creature. Any plans in changing that? It's minor but just curious.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    I was fighting against the Aztec type faction, sorry forgot their names, anyways they ride these giant lizard/Dino type animals as Calvary but they sound like horses and not some other creature. Any plans in changing that? It's minor but just curious.
    It is a minor thing that has proved suprisingly difficult to fix, once I figure it out it will get fixed.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    It is a minor thing that has proved suprisingly difficult to fix, once I figure it out it will get fixed.
    Like you said minor thing, you a fantastic job

I don't want to sound rude, but there hasn't been any answer to the last 4 questions or so I asked here. Now I don't expect that every gets answered. But what I did expected was some kind of official response, as some of these questions were related to bugs. I don't get why there wasn't any reaction, as I think the questions were pretty valid. Or was it something I did? Or was it plain not noticing?

I guess this mod really has only one man to answer the questions. I never see any of the other moderators or team members in here

He included a few different descr_sm_factions.txt files in the patch. The default one is the old one. If you use the one with the HORDE label, you will be able to use the horde feature and it includes the new colors for the rebels.

The Muslims and Hindus have had bad blood between them for years, it would nice to see a Hindu faction maybe use units from Broken Cresent. Just one man's idea
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 14, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

I guess this mod really has only one man to answer the questions. I never see any of the other moderators or team members in here
    Yes, and he does a great job answering people's questions, but mines are looked over for some reason. I'd like to know if there actually is a reason.

I don't think this is an issue with THERA in particular, but well, here goes.

Turn 210 has seen the emergence of several "Superpowers". The Tahar now own all of Ibellica, seeing the destruction of all factions beginning on the continent other than the Privateers (Bye bye Faust ), and the Gaelic guys have taken over all of Syrianna, leaving the Tahar as the only Islamic faction standing. I, the Romuli, control the whole southern continent and have Outstanding relations plus an alliance with the Tahar, since 100 turns ago or so.

Jihad called for Constantium. WHY, OH WHY?

Edit: Found a simple bug. My poor fleet's stuck

Last edited by Aeros889; January 15, 2013 at 05:23 AM.

I am playing as Privateers VH/VH....on turn 40....was sweating as I was at war with everybody....scrounged up an army and sacked the Kukulcan capital and got 80,000+ in gold for it...now the campaign is a breeze....kind of anti-climatic...IMO should be a lot but not that high...maybe 25,000...did not use one cheat and now am on easy street...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeros889 View Post
    I don't think this is an issue with THERA in particular, but well, here goes.

Turn 210 has seen the emergence of several "Superpowers". The Tahar now own all of Ibellica, seeing the destruction of all factions beginning on the continent other than the Privateers (Bye bye Faust ), and the Gaelic guys have taken over all of Syrianna, leaving the Tahar as the only Islamic faction standing. I, the Romuli, control the whole southern continent and have Outstanding relations plus an alliance with the Tahar, since 100 turns ago or so.

Jihad called for Constantium. WHY, OH WHY?

Edit: Found a simple bug. My poor fleet's stuck

Ref the Jihads, they are called by priests/imans rather than the faction, so it is kind of understandable (zealot imans ).

I will check out the fleet grounding itself, must admit thats a new one, I have never seen that one before

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice808 View Post
    I am playing as Privateers VH/VH....on turn 40....was sweating as I was at war with everybody....scrounged up an army and sacked the Kukulcan capital and got 80,000+ in gold for it...now the campaign is a breeze....kind of anti-climatic...IMO should be a lot but not that high...maybe 25,000...did not use one cheat and now am on easy street...
    Its a difficult balance giving the meso's a chance, however it does throw up this kind of issue. When it happens to me, I tend to dump it as presents to allies to keep myself challenged.

I will tinker a little more when I get time, but I cant give a time frame for this at the moment.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; January 15, 2013 at 08:13 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Is it me or is just hard to get man of the hour with this mod?

Is it me or is just hard to get man of the hour with this mod?
    It's just you. Honestly, I don't think it's decreased in how often you'll get get it. Heroic victories, my friend, are the key.

O'Neill, this Mod is AWESOME! The only thing I twinked was changing it to 8 turns per year, because I love character development with my generals. Its really cool combining all the different cultures into a fantasy world. GREAT JOB@!!

Posts removed to prevent derailment.

Im guessing this is where I report glitches or inaccuracies. Sorry if not...in the Gul sections of North Western Syriana the Tarka double handed axemen are silver surfers....also for the Hashashmen in their description it says they fight with sword and shield but their skins show them wielding double scimitars like they were Drizzt Do'Urden...no big deal just FYI...