Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

Finally got hold of my laptop back, and gotta say, V4 is mindblowing...
    i wasnt expecting a complete new unit roster; i tough it would stay more vanilla looking units...
    congratulations to all the thera team, wonderfull work as always.

About balancing, i have only fought a few battles, and didnt go much further on campaign, but so far, it was top quality!
    Loved the Tahar´s new roster, only tushkan swordsmen and camel archers didnt get a ug_1 model for its upgraded counterparts, but its fine, its all golden.
    Wotan and Gaelic got much more improved too, got more of an identity of its own, first more russian like, and the second celtic gaul like, more britannia style.

The map adjustments for the new lore are perfect, for example, instead of Rohan, theres ysmyr, i believe, with its new AOR units. Same score for finances, it kept the same feel of V3, very balanced.

I could go on and on on compliments, but im just gonna say, 10/10 - perfect.
    plus its 3am in here, so i gotta go.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm playing as the Teutonic Order on round 57.
    More or less 10 rounds ago my generals seem to randomly get the Sword of Valiente, but I haven't even fought the Valiente once in this campaign. Think that only the ones, who were in stationed at Wolfsburg got that.

Also I'm having a CTD when after the loading screen when I'm about to fight a battle, but it only occurs rarely, so no big deal.

Besides that it's an awesome mod and I can't stop playing it. Thanks to TFON and his team!

Grüße

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Zinne View Post
    I'm playing as the Teutonic Order on round 57.
    More or less 10 rounds ago my generals seem to randomly get the Sword of Valiente, but I haven't even fought the Valiente once in this campaign. Think that only the ones, who were in stationed at Wolfsburg got that.
    Hmmm That is very odd this anc has not changed at all since V3 and that has never been reported before.

I have spoilered the triggers below and as you can see the anc should only ever spawn in Costa Sangre and only ever to a single general

;------------------------------------------
    ;-----------Valiente Sword---------------------
    Trigger sword_val_killed_anc_trigger
    WhenToTest PostBattle
    Condition IsGeneral
    and WonBattle
    and GeneralWithAncKilled sword_val
    AcquireAncillary sword_val chance 100
    Trigger sword_val_father_anc_trigger
    WhenToTest FatherDiesNatural
    Condition IsGeneral
    and FatherAnc sword_val

AcquireAncillary sword_val chance 80
    Trigger sword_val_sang_anc_trigger
    WhenToTest GeneralCaptureSettlement
    Condition IsGeneral
    and SettlementName hunghome
    and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists sword_val
    Trigger sword_val_sitting_sang_anc_trigger
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition IsGeneral
    and EndedInSettlement
    AcquireAncillary sword_val chance 30

Also I'm having a CTD when after the loading screen when I'm about to fight a battle, but it only occurs rarely, so no big deal.
    None hard crashes like that are normally local issues, I have never seen that one. Is it using a specific faction or unit ?

Besides that it's an awesome mod and I can't stop playing it. Thanks to TFON and his team!

Grüße
    Glad you are enjoying the mod

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Drakule Spearmen disappear with the final castle barracks!

Neither of the Blood Knights have scare anything; intentional despite the description?

Was being able to recruit dismounted Blood Knights in the final city and castle barracks also intentional? Noticed that mounted Blood Knights can only be build with the special guild. Maybe I just like Blood Knights to much...

Quote Originally Posted by Jovanicus View Post
    Drakule Spearmen disappear with the final castle barracks!...
    We have fixed that in the patch

Neither of the Blood Knights have scare anything; intentional despite the description?...
    Hmmm maybe they could have frighten infantry, let me look

Was being able to recruit dismounted Blood Knights in the final city and castle barracks also intentional? Noticed that mounted Blood Knights can only be build with the special guild. ...
    Grand Duke is also the Grandmaster of the Order,so I think is permissiable that he can recruit them from royal barracks

Maybe I just like Blood Knights to much...
    Narrr you can never like them too much, after all they are Blood Knights

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

That's what I was thinking. You'd think that since the description says basically 'oh meh gawd Blood Knights they be mega evil run!' and yet they don't scare infantry. I'd say increase their recruitment cost/upkeep and give both of them the trait.

I've also noticed that the Blood guild can only be built in the city. It feels... weird being unable to build Blood Knights at the King's Stable. I don't want to make the nation OP though, but I just find it slightly silly that you can't build the awesome crossbows and swordstaff in a castle. Maybe consider making the house also available in the castle? Don't want to break the faction though.

That's what I was thinking. You'd think that since the description says basically 'oh meh gawd Blood Knights they be mega evil run!' and yet they don't scare infantry. I'd say increase their recruitment cost/upkeep and give both of them the trait.

I've also noticed that the Blood guild can only be built in the city. It feels... weird being unable to build Blood Knights at the King's Stable. I don't want to make the nation OP though, but I just find it slightly silly that you can't build the awesome crossbows and swordstaff in a castle. Maybe consider making the house also available in the castle? Don't want to break the faction though.
    If we do that they will hire nothing but blood order units, OPing the faction. They should be the special elites not the norm in Dracule armies

I don't know how much work you have for the mini patch, but in my opinion the skeletons of the Dominion are a couple of steps too far. Everything blends nicely in the mod's particular realism and they kinda stick out like a fly in the ointment.
    Might I suggest terribly gaunt figures, crazed priests with maybe blood on their mouths and chests and say they 'run the battlefields trying to eat the souls of the fallen enemies and inspiring the uruks to new heights of savagery', or something to that effect?
    Now they seem like a cheap trick and the Dracule Vampyres are way scarier.
    I've been playing Valiente for now and I noticed they don't have any two-handed assault units (except palace guards with halberds, but they are so tame I don't know what to do with them). Can they handle the Reich on the long run as AI? (I haven't tested that). I would change the Santiago foot knights and sargeants with an assault unit (the 'avowed' or something), rare but there.
    The game seems well balanced stats-wise, so props for what must have been a lot of work.
    Cheers

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    If we do that they will hire nothing but blood order units, OPing the faction. They should be the special elites not the norm in Dracule armies
    maybe switch it to castles? im curious to why you chose the chapter house for cities

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    maybe switch it to castles? im curious to why you chose the chapter house for cities
    Since castles have far better recruitment opportunities compared to cities, this spreads it out a little. They will be remaining in cities
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 29, 2012 at 08:14 AM.

The BKs need to be in cities so they can scare the populace.

Hmmm That is very odd this anc has not changed at all since V3 and that has never been reported before.

I have spoilered the triggers below and as you can see the anc should only ever spawn in Costa Sangre and only ever to a single general

;-----------Valiente Sword---------------------
    Trigger sword_val_killed_anc_trigger
    WhenToTest PostBattle
    Condition IsGeneral
    and WonBattle
    and GeneralWithAncKilled sword_val
    AcquireAncillary sword_val chance 100
    Trigger sword_val_father_anc_trigger
    WhenToTest FatherDiesNatural
    Condition IsGeneral
    and FatherAnc sword_val

Trigger sword_val_sang_anc_trigger
    WhenToTest GeneralCaptureSettlement
    Condition IsGeneral
    Trigger sword_val_sitting_sang_anc_trigger
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition IsGeneral
    and EndedInSettlement
    AcquireAncillary sword_val chance 30

Hm, it's kinda weird. Maybe I will play another faction now and look if the same thing happens.

None hard crashes like that are normally local issues, I have never seen that one. Is it using a specific faction or unit ?
    Don't think it's due to a specific unit, but it all were fights against Valhalla. One time I got the error and just attacked that army on another position at the campaign map and there were no problems. The other time the Valhallan attacked one of my cities so I had to auto resolve. Since I got an heroic win, it doesn't really matter, but if I had lost, it would have been annoying.

It loads the battle as usual and in the very moment when the battle should come up, I get an unspecified error. Searched for that issue and it seems it's related to my game install, it's not clean or something like that. Only other mods I have installed are theraV3, StSt and TATW.

Grüße

Hm
    It loads the battle as usual and in the very moment when the battle should come up, I get an unspecified error. Searched for that issue and it seems it's related to my game install, it's not clean or something like that. Only other mods I have installed are theraV3, StSt and TATW.

Grüße
    As soon as you get one of the crashes save your error log and post it for me. It could me a missing skin or model. Your log will show me if that is the case

I've found a small error. While playing as the Romuli, I was looking at the settlement details of Barka-held Colchis. I noticed that it had 107 of the population as Islam, with several percent more as Heretics. Just a small error that needs to be fixed.
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

Quote Originally Posted by CommisarCain View Post
    I've found a small error. While playing as the Romuli, I was looking at the settlement details of Barka-held Colchis. I noticed that it had 107 of the population as Islam, with several percent more as Heretics. Just a small error that needs to be fixed.
    I think that would include animals. Burn those heretic chickens!

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Quote Originally Posted by CommisarCain View Post
    Good spot . We had 120percent population there

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Good spot . We had 120percent population there
    i know its using up valuable thread space but doesn't that usually cause a crash?

Holy crap I just saw a volcano erupting . Very cool even though it's only visual.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

so, i noticed some stuff in a recent battle as the "povos da hispânia", dont know if its a bug or something, so im just gonna leave it here...

the slingers make bow sounds, and the javellinmen "dardos" guys have slingers´s animations when they aim and fire...
    and theres this bug where both said units "fake" the first throw, no projectiles, just animations, but thats a bug in every mod, not especially this one.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kabeloko View Post
    so, i noticed some stuff in a recent battle as the "povos da hispânia", dont know if its a bug or something, so im just gonna leave it here...

the slingers make bow sounds, and the javellinmen "dardos" guys have slingers´s animations when they aim and fire...
    and theres this bug where both said units "fake" the first throw, no projectiles, just animations, but thats a bug in every mod, not especially this one.
    I don't recall the error in the Dardos animations, but I'll check it again.