Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

You ask and you shall receive.

I'm not among the top military ranking but you can see that all other stats skyrocketed after the sacking of those cities, especially population and finance, but also production.

Still the Valhalla seems to be better then me, they are my allies though.

I've included my save as well.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    You ask and you shall receive.

I'm not among the top military ranking but you can see that all other stats skyrocketed after the sacking of those cities, especially population and finance, but also production.

Still the Valhalla seems to be better then me, they are my allies though.

I've included my save as well.
    Ok thanks for that,

I dont think the challenges in that particular game are over yet though. In order to reach the desired region count you are going to have to lock horns with some of those high militray factions. Also as you expand the AI will begin to become more hostile towards you and your generals are likely to start developing negative traits, due to distance from capital , having a fat treasury ect.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

The AI is still up to his usual tricks i see...on very hard campaign difficulty random AI ships will blockade my ports for no reason at all.
    It happened to me like 4 times in my dracule campaign. After the blockade there was no follow-up, no invasion no disembarking, nothing.
    At first i ignored it because it was the Privateers that blockaded my port and hey...that`s what they do
    But now it`s getting a little annoying, with the Valhalla, the Ducado and the Thar doing it

Also more of a question than a feedback: how are impalers supposed to be used? they look awsome but i feel they lack battlefield power...especially in sieges. Of course this is balanced by the fact that the blood knights both mounted and dismounted will savage everything and annyone in front of them on the walls or off them...but still i like the impalers a lot i just can`t find a good use for them , i feel they are too frail.

I belive the crossbow bugs in sieges are a M2 thing right? because my Vladniks will refuse to shoot at enemy archer stationed on the walls...at least on stone walls...don`t know about wooden ones..yet

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Ok thanks for that,

I dont think the challenges in that particular game are over yet though. In order to reach the desired region count you are going to have to lock horns with some of those high militray factions. Also as you expand the AI will begin to become more hostile towards you and your generals are likely to start developing negative traits, due to distance from capital , having a fat treasury ect.
    Ok thank you.

Is there any reason why these kulukan cities have such a huge population in comparison to other settlements?

I will try to make it a challenge for myself again. I need to find a way to lose that money, I'm building and creating units wherever I can can but my economy is just too good

I'm totally in control of the Inquisition and cardinals, yet I could perhaps attack the Vatican and let all catholic nations wage war on me

Or I will just start a new campaign with a different faction, there is so much else to discover in this great mod!

@: WildCard: Yes that blockading of ports happens a lot.
    Impalers are great at holding the line and killing cavalry. They are not that good at walls or at killing infantry in general.
    Still for holding the line and killing cavalry you could better use those pikemen.
    Last edited by Dux; November 20, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
    Also more of a question than a feedback: how are impalers supposed to be used? they look awsome but i feel they lack battlefield power...especially in sieges. Of course this is balanced by the fact that the blood knights both mounted and dismounted will savage everything and annyone in front of them on the walls or off them...but still i like the impalers a lot i just can`t find a good use for them , i feel they are too frail.
    Haven't gotten the chance to use them yet but maybe they need the phalanx formation. I believe the Scandinavian swordstaff units in vanilla use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Ok thank you.

Is there any reason why these kulukan cities have such a huge population in comparison to other settlements?.
    The Kuks units compared to most factions are pretty weak (like the Paynal), so their only chance to compete is to be able to produce lots of troops early on. To do this they need a good start, the starting settlements population and production levels are to achieve this.

I use them to attack horses in melee and as flanking unit, they are more like a heavy axe unit rather than a voulge unit , they are armour piercing with a small spear bonus too.

Remember they are pretty low end units, really just sargents of the blood order, so they shouldnt be massively strong. They do have an armour advantage over pike units. The problem with giviing then phalanx formation is that it cocks up the AIs use of them and turns them into expensive voulges.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 20, 2012 at 04:52 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Haven't gotten the chance to use them yet but maybe they need the phalanx formation. I believe the Scandinavian swordstaff units in vanilla use it.
    maybe it would help, or more men per unit.
    Also their defence skill is 2 wich is a bit low even compared to the first militia grade units u get the Poborowy (i can not for the death of me spell that name ) which have a 3 defence skill.
    The fact that the impalers belong to a knighthood order would maybe justify a slight increase in their deff skill
    Last edited by Wild Card; November 20, 2012 at 04:50 PM.

maybe it would help, or more men per unit.
    Also their defence skill is 2 wich is a bit low even compared to the first militia grade units u get the Poborowy (i can not for the death of me spell that name ) which have a 3 defence skill.
    The fact that the impalers belong to a knighthood order would maybe justify a slight increase in their deff skill
    The weapon would not justify that defense level , they have an armour level of 7 which is much higher than the Pobs'. They also have increased mass due to the armour so are far better on the intial charge impact. And have high morale.

All these factors go into the unit balance. The unit card only ever gives you 25% of the whole picture
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 20, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

i want to see more trees and rivers and such...

yeah thats right! MORE!

but seriously this is great, i just like a map that feels alive and while this has taken a leap forwards, im still not getting that ambushy feel in lands such as around the uruk domain and w/e im sure you get what im trying to say...

but i really love what you have done with the factions

Allright i see... they look so great i often forget they are the sargents and squires and so on of the blood knights. I only used them as a main battle line...altough i won they took massive casualties in the process
    True, from a morale and armor standpoint they are far superior to the "Pobs" . All in all they are a good looking unit and i will keep using them because i like them a lot...try out different strategies and the like.
    Thanx for the info !
    Last edited by Wild Card; November 20, 2012 at 05:07 PM.

Are Greco units actually part of the units the Romuli can train? Or are they just mercenaries every faction can hire? I suspect the latter as I don't see any mention of them in the Romuli barracks.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    i want to see more trees and rivers and such...

yeah thats right! MORE!

but seriously this is great, i just like a map that feels alive and while this has taken a leap forwards, im still not getting that ambushy feel in lands such as around the uruk domain and w/e im sure you get what im trying to say...

but i really love what you have done with the factions
    The problem is we use a massive map, and map lag is a real issue. Lots of trees are a real killer for that. Also it fits in with the lore of the Torment and all the descriptions given. It is how it should be,
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 20, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

wait, a detailed map generates turn lag?

i thought it was only counter scripts...

i wonder what will happen with dominion of the sword...

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    wait, a detailed map generates turn lag?

i thought it was only counter scripts...

i wonder what will happen with dominion of the sword...
    All those trees are animated, so lots of them cause lag as you wander your view across the strat map. Scripts cause AI turn lag,

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    Are Greco units actually part of the units the Romuli can train? Or are they just mercenaries every faction can hire? I suspect the latter as I don't see any mention of them in the Romuli barracks.
    They're native to their region so anyone can hire them if they have a settlement there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    They're native to their region so anyone can hire them if they have a settlement there.
    Oh yeah I know but the Greco's are in the Romuli roster, and aren't recruitable anywere like the Demos units of the Dominions. Anyway, It's no big deal.

Another question. Will there be any new building or general pictures in the future? Especially the religious buildings. Would be nice if all religions had their own temple (picture).

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

I'm in a Dracule campaign right now, locked in a struggle with the Vashta's as i write this.

I initially didn't want to expell them this quickly, as I wanted to just build up the western part of Slavia & expand my military first, but they kept sending smaller armies that would constantly go rebel, which was a real pain, so i decided to get rid of them. (Also, I ended up allying the Pale knights which are fighting them, so i thought I'd give a hand as best i could). So far they've lost some 3-4000 thousand men, while I've lost 500 or so, they're hanging on to their last settlement, but got my army besieged in the settlement i just took from them. No idea where that army came from, but still loving it

(the Kukulans besieged my port out of nowhere, but since they're fighting the Syracoux and I'm their allies, it makes a tiny bit of sense).

Nice feedback A_dane,thanks and +rep

This is my Wotan Tzardom, turn 92. I turtled a while (only conquered Lokke and Grendel Island), when the Teutonics showed up with a full stack marching towards my cities. I defeated them, took Kuban and besieged Teufellund with an invasion by the army from Grimmhelda. After securing my portion of Norselund, I took the islands of Tonder, Sraken and Verstov. I currently have a castle on Verstov, because I need it to be easily defendable for now. My economy is growing, and trade is renewed with other countries of Thera... I'm allied to other Pagan factions (Gaelics, Valhalla, Hispanics), as well as to the Meravangi who are keeping the Teutonics busy while I conquer the North

And the full map

Pale Knights and Paynal were destroyed because they ran out of family members. It will be interesting to see how the vacuum will fill out! The Dracule won two crusades against Ponda Baba and Dagabar, they now have a potent crusader state in Syrianna. Also, the Vashta won two Jihads against Elysia (Romuli) and Messene (Greco rebels), but lost the latter to the Romuli.

Here's my family tree;

Only the Tzar, Prins and three princesses are of Wotan blood. I had to adopt some generals to avoid getting destroyed by deaths of my royal line. It was strange, because I was getting a lot of adoption proposals, but not a single one marriage proposal for my Tzar and Prins. Maybe I didn't conquer enough? The branch on the far right is a family with strong blood, and they might become future Tzars, if I get no more marriage proposals for my royal house. I'm currently seeking a Meravangi or Dracule princess to marry, so my Wotan line doesn't fade.

Can't see the pictures :/

Anyways: TFON, thought I'd post my progress I've since managed to expell the Vashtas after breaking the siege, killing their Crown Amir in the process. The army turned out to be made of mostly archers which my heavy cavalry ran over quite handily.
    Seeing lots of archers, but they don't really seem to have any real killing power which makes the AI (atleast this early), less threatening.

On a side note: I married my heir to a Faustian Princess, simply to ensure he got married. Since then I've gotten plenty of adoption proposals, a few marriage proposals for my princess, but 0 marriage offers for the younger brother. Who is now the heir. (The current grand duke managed to produce 2 sons, but they are still quite young). At the moment I got a grand total of 10 cities/castles, with 3 more to be conquerored quite soon. I think i might have to find a wife for my heir, since there's apparantly no suitable matches