Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Thats an error, I will correct

This unit was in and out of the gme at various stages of development, so I must have forgotten to add them back into the tech tree, I will correct

It is intented that they hit 'line infantry' type troops eariler than the Faust and others. In the patch I have updated the Privateer lore, to try and help people get past some misinterpretations of this factions
    Will bug fixes be out as a patch or will they be added directly to the main DL IE I would have to DL and install the whole thing again?
    I watch and Learn

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by SirEyeball View Post
    Will bug fixes be out as a patch or will they be added directly to the main DL IE I would have to DL and install the whole thing again?
    It will be separate.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

The meso cities give huge sacking money and have huge populations, perhaps that should be nerved a bit. I sacked three Kulukan minor cities (they besieged a port of me, so I had to teach them a lesson) and now I'm by far the richest men on Thera and will never have to worry about cash anymore. I now have some 60K, kinda ruins it a bit as it renders all the upgrading and economic development I've done useless. If you need cash, sack some meso cities.

Also Vardar is a awesome settlement, any player on the Dracule island should prioritize upgrading that city, it will pay itself back tenfold.
    Same as Verstov, you should definitively convert that to a town and upgrade it, then you can build goldmines

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by SirEyeball View Post
    It will be available as a seperate patch (although it will not be save game compatiable,you will need to start a new campaign, and existing campaigns will not load).

The full mod downloads will also be re-uploaded, so new downloads will not need to be patched. I expect to release the patch this weekend (to give people enough time to uncover any other quirks that may be hidden away)
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

thx waiting patiently.
    I watch and Learn

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The meso cities give huge sacking money and have huge populations, perhaps that should be nerved a bit. I sacked three Kulukan minor cities (they besieged a port of me, so I had to teach them a lesson) and now I'm by far the richest men on Thera and will never have to worry about cash anymore. I now have some 60K, kinda ruins it a bit as it renders all the upgrading and economic development I've done useless. If you need cash, sack some meso cities.
    Which faction were you playing as ?

Also has everyone found the selection of different desktop icons that are included for V4 ?
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 20, 2012 at 11:25 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Also has everyone found the selection of different desktop icons that are included for V4 ?
    Yarp, and it is a great selection as well . I went for the red Uruk because I couldn't decide which faction symbol I wanted and it's slightly different to the V3 one.

Conchubhair's Avatar Tiro

Also Vardar is a awesome settlement, any player on the Dracule island should prioritize upgrading that city, it will pay itself back tenfold.
    Same as Verstov, you should definitively convert that to a town and upgrade it, then you can build goldmines
    I always do convert Verstov to a city and always Rename it Caladan (dune fanatic =P) its not the only Castle I convert either
    'Tis hard to hold a couger by the tail.
    Alt+F4 because life is full of surprises

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    Yarp, and it is a great selection as well . I went for the red Uruk because I couldn't decide which faction symbol I wanted and it's slightly different to the V3 one.
    I change it depending on which faction I am working on or playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    It will be separate.
    Cool does this release mean you will have more time for your real warhammer submod?
    I watch and Learn

It is intented that they hit 'line infantry' type troops eariler than the Faust and others. In the patch I have updated the Privateer lore, to try and help people get past some of their misinterpretations of this factions
    Don't worry, I do read the lore. I wasn't actually playing the Privateers, just rummaging through the EDB when I noticed it. Figured there were story reasons rather than balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Asaiyah View Post
    I also feel like the GR have worse accuracy than faustian line, but I haven't played faust since V3, and my memory might just be the inaccurate one.
    The bullet type (which determines accuracy) for both units is the same.

Yep. Defaulted to Faust 'cause I'm lame.

Yeah, I did, and I use the Avalonian one. Though they might have been easier to find, if they were hinted on the download page.

Quote Originally Posted by vercassivelaunos View Post
    Yeah, I did, and I use the Avalonian one. Though they might have been easier to find, if they were hinted on the download page.
    The 'readme' is there for a reason

I've been using Faust icon since I had V3 (self-made back then). I used the Dracule icon for the beta, but switched back to Faustian now, it's just so powerful (and my most favourite faction, but I guess you could tell that any time ). I thought about using Romuli icon, but I wanted to avoid any confusion with Rome Total War and to diversify my desktop.

Will download on Monday after the patch is released....good job TFON...your kinda cool...

I've had a few fights with a Valiente ship on the map now, they are pristine and look as if they were freshly released from a dockland. however,
    1: they are somewhere near 222 years old.
    2: they were washed ashore in a huge tidal wave and possible survived heavy storms prior to this.

With that in mind it would be nice to see Cracked halls, shattered walkways, tattered remnants of sails and masts splintered through their loft. Either way they are certainty interesting.
    Last edited by Conchubhair; November 20, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conchubhair View Post
    I've had a few fights with a Valiente ship on the map now, they are pristine and look as if they were freshly released from a dockland. however,
    1: they are somewhere near 222 years old.
    2: they were washed ashore in a huge tidal wave and possible survived heavy storms prior to this.

With that in mind it would be nice to see Cracked halls, shattered walkways, tattered remnants of sails and masts splintered through their loft. Either way they are certainty interesting.
    They are a glitch, they can be removed by deleting the 'water' folders from blockset and settlements folders.

I imported those models for use in some historic battles I was working on, their appearance sunk into the ground (and the floating viking ships) was a side effect I hadnt forseen.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 20, 2012 at 03:26 PM.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Which faction were you playing as ?

Dracule of course

This is a few turns after the sacking, look at that money and my profits each turn! I make 10000 each turn.

My profit from sacking these three cities and destroying those religious buildings was close to 90k. Now I had sacked Bae Eden about 20 turns ago, but still. It is not so fun anymore to play. I mean what can possible beat me now?

Vaclav became a Saint, what a hero of Christianity that man is, completed two successful crusades.

Agh, I had assumed you had done it for lore purposes, still though would be nice to see them battered and broken if they are to stay.

I'm now at turn 20+ in my Faust campaign. Securing everything from Tierra Madiera(Fraiserburg) too Eiffel(Ostermark) and a successful crusade to retake Baé Edin for the Vashta I'm now at war with 5 factions. The Meravangi who refused my ceasefire(with compensation) after I took Castle der Otterback and Eiffel from them. The Vashta who had the misfortune of taking the sacred city. Kalkulkan, Sycorax and Valhalla all decided to randomly blockade my ports...
    Its actually one of my pet hates with this(Medieval Total War 2) game, when a faction will just casually blockade your ports then the next turn will move on as if nothing has happened.
    Last edited by Conchubhair; November 20, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

Dracule of course

This is a few turns after the sacking, look at that money and my profits each turn! I make 10000 each turn.

My profit from sacking these three cities and destroying those religious buildings was close to 90k. Now I had sacked Bae Eden about 20 turns ago, but still. It is not so fun anymore to play. I mean what can possible beat me now?

Vaclav became a Saint, what a hero of Christianity that man is, completed two successful crusades.
    Okay, I wanted to check, because the Privateer generals receive a looting bonus,

I would be interested to see a shot of the faction standings, are you leading in the military and terroritorial leagues ?

Quote Originally Posted by Conchubhair View Post
    Its actually one of my pet hates with this(Medieval Total War 2) game, when a faction will just casually blockade your ports then the next turn will move on as if nothing has happened.
    Our V3 AI managed to greatly reduce that, if it is becoming common again I will look to tweak the new AI
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 20, 2012 at 04:10 PM.