Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    How are the wotan involved on a crusade, have you changed their religon ?
    I only made the crystal skulls transferable and gave Islamic factions princess. They don't have a crusade army and their religion is still pagan, but they were included on the list in the "The Crusade Grows" notification and were at war with the Barka.

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

I found out about the portrait thing you said a few moments after that post, adding the mongol portraits would be weird for islamic factions, you were right, but the new portraits from SS are some pretty generic people, not oriental, but a little better imo, so i will just use them for custom portraits for the starting family members. about the portuguese thing, i will make for personal use, so, with your permission, i also want to give it away to anyone who asks me to.
    and i dont pay attention to signatures, so, my bad.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I get floating walls/distorted settlements on siege battle map occasionally. Seems to be limited to the smallest settlement type in eastern european style, wooden palisade.

On campaign map:

Floating on battle map:

Have quite heavily modified my game but Ive never went near the settlements.
    Have manually updated with the patch, did not add some files as they would overwrite my work (EDU for example), I added all the settlement related ones however.

Can you tell what files need to be looking at to remedy this?

Fixed it.
    Last edited by CrayonVonCaesar; June 30, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Just a question, and sorry if it's already been asked. Is there any possible way of adding some music tracks on the game?

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

I didn't realize that this mod was around, for so long. I downloaded the wrong files, the other day, and have been playing V.3, ever since. I'm now downloading V.4. I'm using the complete mod file, and it collapsed about halfway through. So, I've tried again, and there's 12 minutes to wait!

As indicated on the Romuli Fan Thread, that's the faction I shall be playing. Just before I noticed I had the older version, I took Messene. Heracleia and Epirus fell over the weekend to my legions. I know what to do, now, unless V.4 is substantially altered.

Once again, wonderful work, and I will recommend the mod to all and sundry.

11 minutes to go ...

BTW, I'm 65 years old. Is there a Thera enthusiast older than me?

10 minutes ...

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Thera version 4.. it's better then those mods...what mods you ask? All of them
    Last edited by Macrath; July 31, 2013 at 05:27 AM.

Do I recruit too little or are enemies pumping out units like there's no tomorrow. I'm playing as the Pale Knights and the Vashta and Barka Sultanates seem to always have multiple stacks for my two measly ones. (damn Gaelics keep landing on my shores as well) Whenever a few of my units leave the free garrison spots I start losing money like crazy.

Edit: Oops. Just saw this mod spawns a few doomstacks for ai.
    Last edited by Encablossa; August 01, 2013 at 02:00 AM.

There is this mod you've probably heard of called "De Bello Mundi", which is a Roman era mod. It has some nice things which could be used to "improve" the Romuli. Like Roman city campaign map models and even Roman battle map cities. It's be an upgrade from seeing the Romuli fight in medieval style cities. Best part is their policy states: "You're free to use our mod material without asking for permission. Of course, credits are welcome." I don't know if there is any intrest in this at this point, seeing as TFON considers Thera pretty much final. I'm just throwing it out there.
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; August 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Hello!

A wonderful new version of a wonderful mod. Thanks for all the hard work.

That said, my few questions and comments.

1. I noticed that the Faustian Reich can no longer get dragoons. Is that intended or is something wrong with my installation? If intended : I weep bitter tears at the memory of their glory. Why could not the antiquated lancers be taken instead? Why my beautiful dragoons?

2. It seems both the elizabethean pikes and the death hussars of the privateers have higher armor than the Faustian equivalents. While I do not question the balance (though the new privateers are naught but presumptuous scoundrels whose challenge to the faustian technological supremacy is both foolish and unforgivable) it is a bit weird later on when both the kaiser's pikes and the pistoleers get three-quarters or full plate and the privateers, still in leather, keep that edge. I blame the dashing jaguar skins, but that only goes so far.

3. " Give me back my dragoons! My Reich for batallions of musket armed men on horses! "
    Kaiser Heinrich Faust, moments before right-thinking patriots assassinated him, saving the Reich from the ill governance of his addled mind.

4. The Dominion is terrifying. It always was, I guess, but I never tangled with them much before, and it seems to be enven more now. Cheers for that. Although the Constant Empire is crumbling like paper to them : had to retake Constantium for them, on turn 32. Is that normal, or just random campaign wackiness?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Yo el Rey View Post
    I only made the crystal skulls transferable and gave Islamic factions princess. They don't have a crusade army and their religion is still pagan, but they were included on the list in the "The Crusade Grows" notification and were at war with the Barka.
    How did you get the princess on there can you share file please?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

This mod is by far the best I ever played there are two thin I wish the game would implement to take it to a whole new level
    1. Princesses for Muslim factions. I know in real life that's a no but for game play enjoyment yes.
    2 special abilities to be implemented on certain "heroes"
    In the regular game they have these.
    Some factions start out with them, others get them later in the game. Here is a list of the hero's and thier abilities.
    Manual Comemnus, The Byzantine Empire, Byzantine Politics
    A few enemy units start fighting each other, and refuse to move for a small amount of time. It can only be used once a battle.
    Nur ad-Din, the Turks, Light of Faith
    Increases the Attack speed and Morale of Troops for awhile. It can be used more then once a battle.
    Saladin, Eygpt, Righteousness of Faith
    All units not broken get a morale boost. Can be used more then once per battle.
    Richard, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Heart of the Lion
    Stops all routing units, and raises their morale, can be used more then once.
    Phillip II, Principality of Antioch, Flower of Chivalry
    Increases attack and Stamina of his army for awhile, can be used more then once a battle.

add the ability of course just change the name of the ability to match the Hero or nation it belongs too.

every great saga has heroes the beautiful thing about Thera is that First O'Niel made it we don't have to tell him who we think the heroes are he will. He can introduce these legends of Thera to us and give them these unique abilities.

just my two cents