Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 4 Feedback

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Version 4 Feedback

Its like version 3, just a bit better

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Conchubhair's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Version 4 Feedback

Is it possible to use a site such as moddb or gamefront for the downloads?

With the closure of some of the more popular download mirror sites, there have been a good few to try come in and replace them, but they all focus on trying to get you to download using premium account or in this case 'gold' account, in response to this they deny certain things lower speed and so on.

If I had known better I would have downloaded the item as one whole package rather than the separate segments(never used depositfiles before). When downloading items I find its best to download the segments at the same time, it is faster -for me- than downloading a single download. However, "Attention! Connection limit has been exhausted for your IP address! Please try in 5:03 hour(s)." This site is particularly more annoying to me because instead of listing the values/restrictions it just had to gif. pictures.

Other than that I'm looking really forward to this new incarnation of Thera and I think I will have to roll dice or play rock paper scissors to find out who will be the first who gets a test drive
    'Tis hard to hold a couger by the tail.
    Alt+F4 because life is full of surprises

I will try to upload to some other sites over the next couple of days. The benefits for depositfiles (as an uploader) are the fast upload speeds and large file size allowance (10g max file limit is a real rarity these days) , thats why it is used as the primary uplaod site

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

The several hour wait will be worth it. Trust me

The privateers look really inspired by the Pikeman model from ETW. I love it.

Well its 0530 hrs here so I am heading back to bed, hopefully when I get up some of you will have had chance to have a play. I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Citizen

Thanks for all of the hard work, TFON!

Get some well deserved rest

I'll be sure to give feedback as the rebels.....or Romuli.

Citizen

Please at least take a look at all of the factions. TFON worked very hard on improving them all

Oh I sure will be looking at them from behind my shield wall, you have my word. ;D

I need to leave town for a day and right on the eve of the V4 release.

Only had a chance to look at the random screens but there are definitely a lot more change than TFON let on. The Lao Che enhancements, for example, are quite impressive and overall many of the factions have really come into their own in V4.

Will be downloading/installing this first thing when I get back.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

And I HAVE to be away from home when this gets released, eh? Will download in a few days...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Download finished, will play after I finish homework.

Conchubhair's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Download finished, will play after I finish homework.
    Lucky you! I have to wait another 2 hours until I able to download pt.2 which I will avoid doing... will download the whole item in 2-3 hours instead of waiting 1 hour... then 5 hours for the site to allow my I.P to download from there site again...

But yes. Seriously loving what I have seen in the screens provided, the Loa Che/Privatiers look amazing, the Bashta have some nice little changes... Its all so gawd damn smexy!

It still amuses me that two things TFON said he wouldn't do have been done
    those being A; the Faustian Cannon Engeniers having uniforms (this is something I asked for personally and was told no at the time)
    B; Skeletons for the Dominion, I will have to search the forums/past comments to find them so I don't just sound like a raving lunatic

To reiterate my point... I can't wait to get my hands on this, I have deliberatly stayed away from V3 so that V4 will feel all that more special too me
    'Tis hard to hold a couger by the tail.
    Alt+F4 because life is full of surprises

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

It's definitely well worth the wait. (though I had to wait a little less than the rest of you, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Conchubhair View Post
    It still amuses me that two things TFON said he wouldn't do have been done
    those being A; the Faustian Cannon Engeniers having uniforms (this is something I asked for personally and was told no at the time)
    Previewed them agesssss ago, they are in the "Version 4 sneak peek Collection (unofficial)" thread
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 17, 2012 at 02:22 AM.

V4 is the most polished Thera ever. Evolutionary changes instead of revolutions between each version were a great way to develop the mod. I can't imagine anything better than V4... Each faction is polished and has a well-rounded, unique roster. Vanilla units, except for some exceptional ones are basically gone. Even the changes between the release version and the first beta I received were significant. Current Privateers are much different than those I was toying around with two weeks ago.

I can only congratulate TFON on making the Theran dream a reality. It's been stimulating my imagination and creative skills for three and a half years now. I must admit, I borrowed Medieval 2 from my friend just to install Thera v2.

You should all rep the special advisors
    Holy_Pilgrim
    Torvus
    Borrisomeone
    Jan_Boruta

without their input V4 would not be what it is, and may possibly of been abandoned before completion, I was getting cabin-fever in the Dev forum on my own.

The Privateers are like Empire Total War Lite, and then some. Love the dual-wielding on the Pirates and the Mancu.

Rohan got replaced by those....blue guys. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I think I like it since the Rohan were pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Rohan got replaced by those....blue guys. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I think I like it since the Rohan were pretty boring.
    Rohan were just vanilla Byzantines/Norwegians. I believe the Rohan people are now replaced by Ysmir Vikings mercs. Makes more sense.

Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast