Thread: Great job, but quick question.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Default Great job, but quick question.

I just downloaded and played it and its amazing, great work on this.

but i have two question, one i think is a technical difficulty as i havent seen anyone else post about it.(unless i over looked.)
    But for some reason i cant do custom battles, but i can play battles on the campaign map, which i prefer over custom battles.
    Was just wondering what may cause this but its not a big deal.

The other isnt a technical problem but just something i couldnt find an snwer too either.

what are the conditions set for the Romans to get their Marian reforms, and the greeks to get their thorakitae?

Edit:How can I change from 0 turn recruitment to 1 turn recruitment? I found 0 turn on RS2 to be quite unrealistic for whenever i lost a legion i could just make another in one turn. Id prefer that if I lose a huge army it should be a while to make up the losses. This is the only fault in the game that I can see atm.
    Last edited by Evalation; November 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: Great job, but quick question.

What goes wrong on the custom battles? I can [lay them. If it crashes when you load, which battlefield are you using?

I haven't coded in the real Marian reform yet, but the Thorakitai (and various other units) will come in when the old Vanilla Marian reform kicks in (around 220 BC I guess).

There aren't very many units on 0-turn. Only a few where I thought it justified. But if you really don't like it, go to export_descr_unit and look for the units with stat_cost 0, (...). Make the 0 into a 1.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

I was tryin to use the marian cohorts for rome and the thorakitae for the greeks, i either chose grassy flatland or syrian flats.

Thanks, I fixed the 1 turn recruitment thing.

When you think the marian reforms will be coded in so i can start a roman campaign
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

I think there's rather greater things that need fixing, to be honest, but it isn't really that difficult, so I can theoretically do it at any point.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Sounds good, cant wait to play Rome.