Thread: Majora Unit Structure

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Default Majora Unit Structure

So, out of curiosity, I was browsing the wiki, and I was taking a look at the article on Majora's 'follower' units. The article said that 'any unit of any faction has a potential chance of appearing on the battlefield', and it got me wondering exactly how this squad's structure would be put together, especially if Majora is to be a playable faction in custom battles. I only see two possible perspectives here.

1. when the unit is created, it's a random selection of a specific unit, and it simply gets a reskin,

OR

2. the actual 'followers' unit is quite literally a hodgepodge mess of varied units scrunched into one squadron. (i.e., its appeareance will have three Hylians, twenty Kokiri, six Gerudo, etc., and that is one selectable unit)

Either way you look at it, this can cause problems - if option one, you have no selective capability and may be stuck with a worthless unit. If option two, you get such a varied collection of units that it's a tactical mess with no practicality.

How exactly DO you plan on making this unit a practical, yet visually unique selection, Neph?
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

Default Re: Majora Unit Structure

Having not looked much at the wiki, or talked with Neph, I can't say much, but I get the impression the followers unit might work the same as Lanayru's conscripts, where they are made up of a few different models (Hylians and the Zora models for Lanyru for example) but they all have the same weapons and function as a single thing.

In this case, it could be made of Hylians, Zora, Gerudo and so on, all armed with a similar weapon from their race, a spear for example, and they would make a single spear unit.

Not sure if that makes a lot of sense or not.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

The follower units work like the respective units of their empires. For example if Majora recruits Hylian Crossbowmen they function just like Hylian Crossbowmen, or if they recruit Goron Guardians they function just like Goron Guardians. The only difference is the texture.

@Neph

Fair enough, he recruits entire single-unit squads in campaign, but what about custom battles? You can't possibly have all units available for purchase, so would they be more visually varied?

When I die,
    Show no pitty,

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TheHylianJuggalo View Post
    @Neph

Fair enough, he recruits entire single-unit squads in campaign, but what about custom battles? You can't possibly have all units available for purchase, so would they be more visually varied?
    The Church of Majora is not playable.

I must have misread. I thought it said all the factions were playable in custom.

Ah well, that's a shame

When I die,
    Show no pitty,

Can't wait to see an Avatar of Majora of the Church of Majora.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 51 View Post
    Can't wait to see an Avatar of Majora of the Church of Majora.
    yeah i agree, thats gonna be awesome, also Neph if you worship majora in the campaign will you be able to recruit a simple church of Majora unit?
    I shall consume... consume everything

@Neph: Ah, that sounds like it'll probably be easier to do and work better that what I was thinking.