Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Rome v9.0.x Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod Rome v9.0.x Feedback

Seems simply enough, however adding a few units wont hurt.

I have some questions:
    1. Why is Urban cohort so weak and expensive? There's no difference between them and legionary cohort, except in armour and defense skill - and with with extra armour I think they just tire faster. Ok they have 200 units but for 800 upkeep they're just not worth it. And I would expect that first legionary cohort would have at least 800 upkeep but with 470 or so - they are the ultimate winners. Why bothering investing 9600 for urban barracks?
    2. I think there's an unreachable town in the saudi arabi - why's that? Why 2 terra incognitas - is ultimate victory even possible then?
    3. Is it normal for seleucid to be able to build elephants in turkey - Sardis, Ancyra... and why he never(almost never) build odeons and upgrades of that?
    4. Are new spartan hoplites even weaker than before?

Btw I like new elephants, that when they die, they die for sure.

I'm in year 72 bc, bruti, cam/bat - hard/med using save game from 8.1 darth mod. Every city on the map is huge, except the grey thing in Saudi arabia

Hey Darth, Great mod Just thought I'd point out a glitch in the bodygaurd and Goth Lancer of both gothic factions:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The helmet and head appear to be gltiched, at first I thought it was an upload error but after uploading again it seems to be a glitch in the unit, not game killing just annoying.

Also, i started a seleucid campaign and am currently conquering the Egyptians and I was wondering, do the Greek Sacred Band and Syrian archers appear after reforms?

usmcsultan's Avatar Civis

I don't like this patch bc it lowers number of units in unit stacks for Romans.
    "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one."
    George W. Bush-after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

Great job with this mod. The AI is very adaptive,, especially on the campaign map, attacking at the right moment; a huge improvement over Napoleon, which I loved.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ- come and take them!

Great mod Darth +1 rep
    the freedom of each one stopped where that the others begin

I've downloaded Darthmod for all my Total War games, and I recommend everyone to do the same. I was specifically happy with the Empire: Total War Darthmod because it gave Sweden (my country) so many unique units that the original game would not bother to provide... Sweden was one of the world's most powerful nations at the time and should have more unique units, which I am pleased to say that Darthmod has fixed

I do have one issue with the Rome: Total War: Barbarian Invasion Darthmod - I wanted to change the ownership of a few units (Sarmatian Virgins) to the Huns, giving my favorite units to my favorite faction. However, whenever I try to start a battle with Sarmatian Virgins in my Hunnic army, the game shuts down. Is there anything else I need to do to successfully change unit ownership? All I did was editing the "export_descr_unit" file and added "Huns" to the unit ownerships, and the "data/ui/units" folders to give their unit cards to the Huns. This worked in the original Barbarian Invasion game, but why not in Darthmod?

the auxillary slingers from the julii faction makethe bow sound from thew through the stone. Is this the same for everyone else? How do i change it?

make the bow sound when they throw the stone*

I started playing rome total war again after a couple of years.So I installed the new darth version and started a new julii campaign on h\h.As far as I remember the julii campaign was quite hard especially at the beginning with full stacks of gauls attacking you almost immediately and earning a good income was a big problem.Now I experienced the opposite.After the first 20 turns I conquered segesta,caralis,patavium and mediolanium with little resistance and money keep flowing easily.And on top of that the only time I faced a full stack of gauls,I crashed them with almost no casualties(30-40 men to 1100 lost by the gauls!).So what gives?Is it just the difficulty?Or is this version much easier?

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

I started playing rome total war again after a couple of years.So I installed the new darth version and started a new julii campaign on h\h.As far as I remember the julii campaign was quite hard especially at the beginning with full stacks of gauls attacking you almost immediately and earning a good income was a big problem.Now I experienced the opposite.After the first 20 turns I conquered segesta,caralis,patavium and mediolanium with little resistance and money keep flowing easily.And on top of that the only time I faced a full stack of gauls,I crashed them with almost no casualties(30-40 men to 1100 lost by the gauls!).So what gives?Is it just the difficulty?Or is this version much easier?
    So, really Darthmod is that easy?

-CruZade-'s Avatar Laetus

I love it!

But to be honest, I prefer the vanilla Rome Total War

How do I uninstall DM 9.0?

In my humble opinion it's the most fun Rome mod.. It changes are subtle and it possess an "vanilla like aura". Good improvments without messing too much around with the gameplay and scripts..

Although, I'm not having fun anymore.. The AI simply steamroll me (Julii) with restless and endless waves of stacks fulls of soldiers. Despiting the Roman tactical and military superiority, the AI (specially Gaul and Dacia) simply don't give up.. They NEVER stop sending more and more men to certain death. I have something like 4 or 5 heroic victories IN A ROLL, and they DON'T accept my ceasefire. Not with gold offers. Any of them. I'm in war for 100 years now..

I'm playing at the V/VH difficulty, since the VH/VH was simply impossible.. I simply cannot sustein 4 different fronts against Germania, Dacia, Gaulia and Carthage, at the same time..

Why the AI behaves like so ? May I change it to become more racional and more agressive against the others ?

Thanks in advance..

darth can u help me plz i have installed darthmod version 9.0.1 and all the changes has happened apart from the map content option of havin a larger map the europa map or woteva it is is there any reason for this? i have uninstalled and reinstalled lol

Quote Originally Posted by allan33 View Post
    darth can u help me plz i have installed darthmod version 9.0.1 and all the changes has happened apart from the map content option of havin a larger map the europa map or woteva it is is there any reason for this? i have uninstalled and reinstalled lol
    To play with the larger map, you need to click on " Provincial Campaign ". Then select the Europa 270 bc or whatever it is called. This will include the new map.

Going on the "Imperial Campaign" will not include the new map.

Hope this helps

i think this mod is broken, because enemy archers sholuld not win against a roman cav charge in their back , if possible can you look at unit stats again, cav are not as powerful in this version

it doesnt give me that option on screen tho m8 :S

Provincial Campaign isnt on the main screen! do i need the gold edition of the game or summin?

Anyone with diplomatic issues too ?

It's REALLY ANNOYING the AI never ceasefiring..

is the Provincial Campaign a mod of patch if so can anyone help me figure out how 2 dl it plzz

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast