Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Rome v9.0.x Feedback

Default DarthMod Rome v9.0.x Feedback

Your opinion for the mod, your battle or campaign experiences, your comprehensive review or just your simple rating... matters!

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: DarthMod Rome v9.0 Feedback

Now this was simply but unexpected...
    I'm surely going to download and check it out after I get back from school

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Thank you, thank you, thank you !

Thanks Darth , and you can add the graphical improvements of RS2 mod this mod?
    Last edited by sertorio67; November 14, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Unexpected update indeed...Thanks Darth...
    I will check it out during weekend for sure...

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Thank you Darth, you are great!

Hello Darth, just updated my RTW to the Steam version (too idle to find the discs to load them up ), so I've downloaded this mod, and I am currently playing the Roman Campaign, and it is fiendishly difficult and a great challenge. Great work as ever, thanks to you and your teams for great mods (I also have played your Empire, Napoleon and Shogun mods, and have enjoyed them all). The campaign AI and general improvements over the vanilla version (a great game in it's own right) are superb.

Thank you so much Darth. Really Happy to see a new version for Rome. Rome has to be one of my fav total war games and your Mod for it is exactly what i wanted for a mod of the game. So happy you improved it

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Savory View Post
    Hello Darth, just updated my RTW to the Steam version (too idle to find the discs to load them up ), so I've downloaded this mod, and I am currently playing the Roman Campaign, and it is fiendishly difficult and a great challenge. Great work as ever, thanks to you and your teams for great mods (I also have played your Empire, Napoleon and Shogun mods, and have enjoyed them all). The campaign AI and general improvements over the vanilla version (a great game in it's own right) are superb.
    Sorry for double post. Yea your mods for all the games are the best and add a nice play style and flavor to each game that I feel now vanilla where lacking

Just a quick question Darth...Is it possible to play the Rome campaign or the Barbarian Invasion one,with Alex.AI??? which is the best as everyone suggests...
    Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Just a quick question Darth...Is it possible to play the Rome campaign or the Barbarian Invasion one,with Alex.AI??? which is the best as everyone suggests...
    Thanks...
    I do not know how it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    I do not know how it can be done.
    I think there is a way like the Europa Barb.Alex. mod...Something with the exe. and the destination folders e.t.c I will search it and let you know if you like...

Also what difficulty are you suggesting for Rome and Barbarian Invasion campaigns??? You know how I'm playing right..??? veteran style...but I'm asking cause sometimes the a certain difficulty setting is bugged or something...
    Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I think there is a way like the Europa Barb.Alex. mod...Something with the exe. and the destination folders e.t.c I will search it and let you know if you like...

Also what difficulty are you suggesting for Rome and Barbarian Invasion campaigns??? You know how I'm playing right..??? veteran style...but I'm asking cause sometimes the a certain difficulty setting is bugged or something...
    Thanks...
    I suggest H/H difficulty and yes I am very interested to know how it can be done, thank you. I am 6 years idle with RTW modding so I may have missed some info.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hey Darth, TY for the update. Quick question. I only have 84 units of Hastati at the beginning and my unit size is on huge, is that normal?
    I am playing the 270 BC map.

DividingSolid's Avatar Tiro

He made the Romans smaller but stronger.

I notice that my troops won't use the siege towers when they reach the walls. Is there anyway to fix this?
    Last edited by DividingSolid; November 15, 2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Problem with siege towers.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    I suggest H/H difficulty and yes I am very interested to know how it can be done, thank you. I am 6 years idle with RTW modding so I may have missed some info.
    No problem...I will let you know when I have a solution...
    Thanks...

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

I dont agree with the 84 men per unit, I like massive battles. Like on DM-NTW with the 40 unit stacks. It was EPIC! Thanks for the update Darth and team

I notice that my troops won't use the siege towers when they reach the walls. Is there anyway to fix this?
    Does this happen to anybody else?

I am going to offer hotfixes so please you offer your feedback.

About Romans new small unit size.
    If I could increase the maximum unit size of the game it would be great to keep the current unit ratio but since I cannot this Roman unit size must remain because this is the only way to simulate their true effectiveness with their maniples.

Thanks so much for this mod Darth. I just have some problems with the alexander add-on, I get a ctd when i play the historical battle: battle of Granicus when i move the camera over the river and in the campaign, mercenary hoplites don't have the phalanx ability. The mercenary hoplites also don't have the phalanx ability in the rome mod either. which I find strange considering that other hoplite units have the phalanx ability. thanks again so much for this mod, it made rome total war so much better.

i also get a ctd when i besiege the Illyrian fort, it has 2 units of barbarian archers,1 unit of barbarian peasants and one unit of barbarian spearmen.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast