Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installation Instructions & Troubleshooting

Default Re: Installation Instructions & Troubleshooting

I am also having issues with DM. I believe I installed everything correctly but when I try to start a campaign it crashes to desktop. After that the game will flicker black and less black screens over and over until it quits and says I don't have directx9. I then have to completely uninstall the game to get it to load. I then go through the DM set up again and load into the game. I try to start a new game again and it will just repeat the process. I have the Steam version of the game and I am also unable to set it to not automatically update. I have tried to get the game running with the main campaign and the Europa campaign but neither will work.

Helltroy's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by masterxm1990 View Post
    I am also having issues with DM. I believe I installed everything correctly but when I try to start a campaign it crashes to desktop. After that the game will flicker black and less black screens over and over until it quits and says I don't have directx9. I then have to completely uninstall the game to get it to load. I then go through the DM set up again and load into the game. I try to start a new game again and it will just repeat the process. I have the Steam version of the game and I am also unable to set it to not automatically update. I have tried to get the game running with the main campaign and the Europa campaign but neither will work.
    Same here. I try to start a campaign it loads half way then crashes to desktop.

I am having problems with ctds too but now the campaign loads fine. The only problem is the GUI is not showing correctly: the minimap is outside of the screen and so is the bottom bar while all icons have been replaced by green seleucid faction icons.When i try to open the settlement management screen everything is messed up and i can't click on anything.

I really hope someone finds a fix for this

Thror, how did the campaign load fine? I'm trying to load it but it's not working for me... also, for some reason I can't have 1920 resolution for battle map atm...

It doesn't load "fine", what i meant is that in the beginning the campaign map didn't even load cause it crashed while loading and gave me an error related to missile range (something like "with the current settings a range of 20 is impossible"). I solved this error tweaking some of the config files and now the capaign map loads, but i still cant play cause, as i said in my previous post, the GUI is all messed up.

i have a problem
    "Manually Browse the installer to target a destination path exactly where the "Rome Total War" folder is. For example C:/Program Files (86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Total War Gold. Hint" This Folder contains "RomeTW.exe" so i broswed my game is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega\Rome II - Total War
    But still is poping the same message

Ok, just downloaded Darthmod and i can start up the game fine but whenever i start a campaign game crashes. Any idea?

zealox's Avatar Laetus

Ye i have the same problem, im pretty sure its because of the new patch for the old total war games (medieval,rome,etc). I don't know how to fix it though.

I am having a problem which does not even let me have the problems everyone else is reporting.
    I do not know if I am missing a program, or if it is because Windows 8 is bad, but anyways, here I go.
    I downloaded the installer.
    I tried to run the installer.
    It did not work, as apparently the program required to do this does not exist. I had to choose one from my computer to run it, and because it is not there, I could not run it.
    The icon it shows as is just white paper.
    Help?

Oh, and also, the file is called "DarthMod_Rome_v9.0.1_Installer[1]". I do not know if the dots are fecking with the file extension name, which may be the problem. If it is the problem, what do I rename the extension to?

ismelly's Avatar Laetus

Im having a problem patching my RTW to 1.6 for DarthMod.

I have both Steam Version and Retail version of RTW.
    After reading about all the steam problems due to the new update I decided to use my retail version.
    So my retail version is the Total War Battle Pack, It comes with RTW and BI. When I check the version on BI it says 1.4 so Ive tried to update to 1.6 but the
    patches say I have Gold edition installed on my machine therefore they don't even run or try to install.
    After that, I google this problem and many say something along the lines of, its fine it really means 1.6 is installed with the battle pack.
    I continue to install DarthMod and when I try to run the campaign I get the ''select from the list'' error, which to my dismay is an error from installing DM on the wrong patch
    version of RTW.

My problem is, I cant run the patches because they read my game as the Gold Edition and DM wont install correctly because my RTW install isn't v1.6.
    Has anyone had this problem and has anyone found a way around it?

Every time I try and play the campaign it crashes?! Please help

I'm having the same issue as a number of people - game crashes when I try to start a campaign. Basically, I had played this mod fine on my old PC using the disk version of RTW - Gold Edition. I am now trying to play on my laptop which doesn't have a CD drive so I re-purchased the game on Steam. I installed the mod without any problems but cant start a new Europa 270BC Campaign. If anyone has any fixes please reply...

im having a problem every time I start a new campaign it crashes before i go on to the campaign map
    how would I sort that?

Guys just found a thing on YouTube and it helps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzGlxYkPJBk

Hey
    when i use the installer it stopp at 3% and then the setup crash
    i re-download it 3 times

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCastGaming View Post
    Guys just found a thing on YouTube and it helps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzGlxYkPJBk

Yes this works! Very easy.

deleat a file
    easy
    thank yo

Guys I need help.
    Units don't have the 'fire at will' option, neither on campaing battles nor custom battles.
    Happend both on my steam version and my CD version.
    I double checked installation processes and even configuration on both the game and my computer and nothing seems to work.

Civis

Will you please properly compile your mod into a single folder for Steam and include the Steam Launch Options to make it work? Replacing primary files since Steam updated to remove Gamespy causes many problems not to mention the uninstaller is a dirty uninstaller not removing everything is puts into place upon uninstall. OR at the very least, put into your instructions backing up your Rome Total War folder prior to installation. The best route is to learn how to properly compile your mod into a single folder and use Launch options.

And no, I do not have this mod. I am the guy at Steam Forums cleaning up the mess your mod leaves.
    If seeking instant gratification without thought to repercussions, take a shotgun to it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast