Thread: Please provide proper download links!

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Default Please provide proper download links!

ModDB doesn't work for some reason - it says to log in or something like that but I don't have and account there so it's pointless to try to download from there (never liked it anyways!). Also, your strategy informer links are bozos because they're just bolded text. Could you please provide a proper download link because I, as many, really want this mod and you somehow made it harder to get. As for the download links, some people like it simple, you know, like just click on it and the download begins, not click on it and it takes you on another site where are lots of dl mirrors that take you to other sites and so on. Why not make a torrent like you did for other mods?
    Thanks in advance and really a great job you did here and it was unexpected!
    RTWRM - back to basics

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Please provide proper download links!

Works just fine for me

ATN's Avatar Civis

The gamefront download in ModDB ainīt working.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Works just fine for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    Yes it is
    ModDB doesn't work because of their new dl policy that forbids 28 countries (mine included) to download from their site. That it why some can't dl. Thing is that Darth provided extra links in the dl section but they are just Bolded text, he must've forgot to hyperlink it and I hope he sees this thread so that he will make those work. Anyways, he could upload maybe to Mediafire or something.
    RTWRM - back to basics

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

HE is on here all the time so he will see it and fix it for you guys

Louis XVI's Avatar Campidoctor

I can't download from gamefront either, it says file not found on gamefront. And I can only find the alexander addon on strategyinformer

EDIT: Ok I just used my old Moddb account and downloaded directly from them
    Last edited by Louis XVI; November 24, 2012 at 04:48 AM.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I wanted to upload to Strategy Informer too but they had server maintenances which will finish after the weekend.
    Until I offer alternative download links, please try to login in ModDB, because this should really help.

Hi all. I tried to download some mods a month or two ago now, and I could not. So I waited, tried next week and again next week, I thought that it was maybe some server problem or something. Did not help. I remember the last one in 280 B.C. Then finally I asked for help there how to download the mod and waited for any answer. Did not get any help there also so I gave up on that one. This is the first I hear that GF has policies that do not allow 28 countries to download from them. Why is that? Them being in business of providing exactly that service, I mean? And why would you use them to put up your mod there when you know that tons of people can not access it?

Oh, and yes, I wrote this message because I can not download this mod also.

Hi again. Today I checked if there were any news about downloading problem and I thought all was fixed. There are new links from Strategy Informer posted, yesterday I think. So I clicked on the links and on both of them I got a blank white page with the only text being: FATAL ERROR. Funny, I thought and I started to laugh, it lasted for half an hour I think, I do not remember exactly. Those minutes are a blank spot in my mind. So I clicked on all I could see to get that "laughter" out of me if you understand what I am saying. And then one from the old links from Gamefront worked. I tried them both and they work fine now. I downloaded the mod from banned links. How about that?

So, I thought that Gamefront had banned some countries to download from them. I did not know why download was impossible so I asked around but I never got a straight and clear answer to my simple question from someone who knows for sure. From other topics I understood that some countries were banned to download from a server, who by the way makes money by having people download through them. I thought that to be an odd explanation, but OK. I guess Gamefront unbanned my country after one week for some reason. Ha?

My point being, enough of "I think it could be this, or that, or that, or...". Does any one know for sure what is the problem with downloading from these forums?