Thread: King of Dragon Pass Total Conversion

Default King of Dragon Pass Total Conversion

Hi there,

Obviously this isn't a request, because that would be pretty ridiculous *cof*. But very recently I discovered an absolute gem of a game called King of Dragon Pass, a genre-bender crazy fantasy game from 1999 which recently was ported to iOS. I've been playing games for a long time and these days it's rare when something gets me excited, but this game did so and almost instantly I figured that it could fit perfectly (with some perfect adjustments) in a Total War engine as a remake/total conversion.

I've played all TW titles for many years, and although I've never been much of a mod user (The one I REALLY played was Third Age, fantastic) I'm just absolutely itching for someone to come from the skies and marry KoDP and TW.

So anyway, I'm not a coder, I'm actually a 3D Designer, so I could definitely be part of a project if it would ever touch off. My idea for the mod would be to only use the campaign map, since the game revolves around small tribes and the real fun of this game happens with the little stories and decisions you make, the battle map would be completely out of place. I realize that 80% of the game is basically text with accompanying illustrations, so there is no way we can just rip it off. But maybe the creator of the game wouldn't mind, or there is some other solution. I'm desperate here, I'm a junkie trying to get a fix so don't blame me for my irrationality!

If any of you played and liked KoDB, tell me I'm not crazy!

PS: I only put this topic in the Shogun 2 forum because it's the most recent game. Maybe a mod for Medieval 2 Total War makes more sense, since there is the kingdoms expansion, which could be a source for a lot of the assets, since KoDP has a strong viking/nordic/barbarian vibe to it.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [Request/Suggestion/Begging] King of Dragon Pass Total Conversion

This would be impossible for shogun 2 bro, too many things are hardcoded.