Thread: Looking for a mod with a bigger unit rooster

Miles

Default Looking for a mod with a bigger unit rooster

Hey

There is a lot of fancy and nice mods out there, but at the moment i feel like playing vanilla Rome, but i started playing as Greece and found that their unit rooster was so boring so i quited the game.
    Is there any mod with a general unit overhaul? Even with bigger maps and more regions and more factions?
    No, i don't want to play Rome Surectum though i play a slow campaign and not a blietzkrieg game

Also the balancing with the AI is a problem. The Roman factions beat the surruonding factions so fast that the game get boring to fast.

Also i would like to know how to change turns per year in this game? It's easy enough in Med2.

Is there a little mod with this?

Thx in advance!

Default Re: Looking for a mod with a bigger unit rooster

Try Europa Barbarorum or Rome Total Realism
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

CATW is pretty good.

If not that, and you want more of a vanilla feel go for XGM/XC. If not that, try the above posts suggestions or Europa Barbaroum.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    If not that, and you want more of a vanilla feel go for XGM/XC. If not that, try the above posts suggestions or Europa Barbaroum.
    These mods look very similar. Whats the main difference between those? :S
    There isn't a list anywhere that show the differences from RTW?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Hmm, you should play them and see...there are plenty of differences if you have played vanilla you will know what they are
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    Hey

There is a lot of fancy and nice mods out there, but at the moment i feel like playing vanilla Rome, but i started playing as Greece and found that their unit rooster was so boring so i quited the game.
    Is there any mod with a general unit overhaul? Even with bigger maps and more regions and more factions?
    No, i don't want to play Rome Surectum though i play a slow campaign and not a blietzkrieg game

Also the balancing with the AI is a problem. The Roman factions beat the surruonding factions so fast that the game get boring to fast.

Also i would like to know how to change turns per year in this game? It's easy enough in Med2.

Is there a little mod with this?

Thx in advance!
    XGM, RTR and Diadochi total war.
    and the difference between XC and XGM:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post12162604

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

You could also try the BC series (some might not be completed tough but it is free from bugs).
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-