Thread: Curia - Modders Connection

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Curia - Modders Connection

(sorry for bad thread name... )

Anyhow this post made me think:
    It is here in particular that I believe Joe's Curial Task Force could have a good effect. It could enlighten some modders about what the Curia can do for them and the site, and keep them posted when matters come to hand that concern them directly.
    I am just after general brainstorming but maybe it is something we could think about doing? We could take on a few citizen modders if they're interested and have them work alongside us? We could go out their and talk to them, get them involved, guide them through a patronisation progress etc.

Again nothing concrete yet, this is just all ideas.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Default Re: Curia - Modders Connection

An interesting idea certainly

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

If you want to do anything publicity/exposure related remember that that is part of Content, not the CAT.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Thank-you for letting us know Legio.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Guys after further discussion I'm going to let this drop.

However there's nothing stopping any of you proposing something to do with it the Curia by normal means, but it isn't going to go through the CAT.

Legio does publicity of the CVRIA really fall under Content, I'm not too sure about that

Content Emeritus

I, however, am - giving exposure to modders (spotlights, FrontPage announcements, featured articles, interviews, and the like) have always been part of Content and will remain so. Posting something like a modding interview in the Curia would take that job away from someone in Content and confuse modders (where they need to go to get an announcement or interview up). Any publicity for modders nowadays goes through either Hex or Content, not the Curia. Everything except the granting of Hosted Mod forums goes through the latter.

I've spoken to the Tom and he agrees.

I don't think this was about that, I thought it was merely letting the Modders know what the curia was. I didn't see Interviews etc mentioned at all in the posts I read. I don't see any issue with the CAT simply doing Public information of the CVRIA rounds, even if it means the CAT writes a post about the CVRIA and the Content Department give it an airing in the mod forums, or if the CAT simply goes direct to the modders.

Content Emeritus

I was posting to remind Shankbot what parameters he would have to operate in if he wanted to pursue the matter, Major, namely 'Don't do anything that interferes with or resembles official Content'.

As I've said, he and I have spoken already and the matter can be considered resolved.

But talking to the Modders themselves directly about the CVRIA wouldn't violate the parameters.. Your original post said anything publicty/exposure related, well that isn't necessarily correct, as going to them like I said would be publicity, we wouldn't be writing articles and making interviews, and I hardly think some members from the Curial Action Team talking to them is going to confuse them about who Content are, they are different organisations, and the promotion of the CVRIA through direct contact is easily something the CAT could think about.

Citizen

Blog Entries

MD this is something you could take through the FM? It's a great idea, but for me it runs to closely with that of Content, as Legio has pointed, therefore as we are an official part of TWC as well I don't think it should run through the CAT, sorry. I've talked to Legio about it in great depth, and we've come to that joint conclusion.

Citizen

Blog Entries

An alternative way of doing things I received from Inkie Pie:

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie Pie
    Hi Shankbot, hope you're doing well.

I've written up a possible proposal which would accomodate Joe's changes - with several others included - into the CAT. Seeing as you're Tomcat I thought it best to pass it through you before proposing it and see if there's anything you'd like to add your thoughts on

[Decision] Expansion of the CAT:

Citizens with affiliations to a forum in TWC would be able to stand to join the CAT and serve as Representatives of that forum, under a CAT division called the Curial Community Corps. Citizens can stand to be Representatives of multiple forums if they so wish it.

If there are multiple candidates for a single forum, an election would be held in the Curia to determine which one would become Representative of the forum.

Once the Representatives have been chosen, they would establish stickied threads – named CAT Outposts - in the forum they are attached to. They would then use this thread to make announcements regarding Curial processes which the Representatives deem relevant to the citizens of the forum(s) they represent. As with other CAT members, Representatives would possess Local Moderator powers within their Outpost in order to ensure that it is not posted in excessively at the expense of its broadcasting function.

Representatives would be ideally members with close bonds to the communities they represent, who would keep in contact with large numbers of them (via PM's, VM's or within the thread itself) and keep a good picture in mind of the desires of the members. This information would then be relayed to the Domum Feles, from which it might be put before the Curia in general.

The CCC would be overseen by a Chair who would oversee corps members and set guidelines for them wherever necessary, in addition to acting as a liaison with the Tom Cat regarding the activities of the CCC. The Chair would essentially be an assistant of the Tom Cat appointed by him/her.

Your thoughts on this guys? I said I get back to him with an answer so discuss quickly.

I think we need GED's view on that..

Content Emeritus

If the desires of these members are Content-related the CAT should hand that over to Staff.

Legio, we all know staff's purview limits, and I'm sure once GED looks at this he will define them for us as well. Don't worry we won't be taking any responsibilities from Staff, we're the CVRIA, not an attempt to be Staff.

Content Emeritus

Good.

Citizen

Blog Entries

On a side note does the Curia have enough specific announcements to make this worthwhile?

Just wondering.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Inkie has opened a thread in the Curia about the CCC. I am happy for this way to be done under the CAT, but do you guys have anything you'd like to add?