Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WWI for FOTS (Rising Suns and Iron Crosses)

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

Default WWI for FOTS (Rising Suns and Iron Crosses)

Since map making turns out to be a long time away, if not impossible, I've decided to change the concept.

In an alternate universe Germany manages to blitz France and capture Paris, ending the war early. With new colonial gains on the Chinese coast, and a large, battle hardened army, Germany decides to launch an invasions of Manchuria and Korea with the help of local freedom fighters and the Republic of China. After two years of fighting Japan is forced to retreat to their Islands. In 1916 the German empire launches an invasion of Japan, capturing part of southern Japan quickly. As well communist revolutions and warlords start rising up throughout the island.

Ideas for factions

German Empire
    Japanese Empire
    Workers Union of Japan
    The Democratic Republic of Nippon
    Last edited by BigDogDavis; December 20, 2012 at 07:29 PM.

Default Re: WWI for FOTS

some dudes here are making some weird fantasy steampunk ww1 era samurai war type of thing and they all ready have a beta out you should try it not sure if it'll be to your liking though
    Quote Originally Posted by George Orwell
    “Shall the common man be pushed back into the mud, or shall he not? I myself believe, perhaps on insufficient grounds, that the common man will win his fight sooner or later, but I want it to be sooner and not later—some time within the next hundred years, say, and not some time within the next ten thousand years. That was the real issue of the Spanish war, and of the last war, and perhaps of other wars yet to come.”

Quote Originally Posted by oppaiO_O View Post
    some dudes here are making some weird fantasy steampunk ww1 era samurai war type of thing and they all ready have a beta out you should try it not sure if it'll be to your liking though
    It requires the original Shogun 2, which I do not have. Also, I want the actual war in Europe, not just Japan with WWI technology.

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

You need a mapper
    a couple of coders (1-2 unit designer(s), building designer, miscelaneus things, campaign map stuff)
    map designer
    A modeler(im not sure if we can add new unit parts if not, then someone really good at takingbthe existing ones and making hem look ww1 era)

Also being able to mod yourself is very helpfull, if not ask FotS modders to see if there interested.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by hochmeister devin View Post
    You need a mapper
    a couple of coders (1-2 unit designer(s), building designer, miscelaneus things, campaign map stuff)
    map designer
    A modeler(im not sure if we can add new unit parts if not, then someone really good at takingbthe existing ones and making hem look ww1 era)

Also being able to mod yourself is very helpfull, if not ask FotS modders to see if there interested.
    King Sama, one of the guys making TGW for Napoleon said that db is the easiest modding skill to learn, so I may try that. I'd also like to get a team together to work on it, which is why I posted the thread here. This is a mod I'd love to see in FOTS some day

DB editing is the easiest, i would suggest starting with unit making since once you start putting up decent quaility unit pics interest will pick up and you may quickly get a team togther. I wish i had time so i could help, but 2 big modd and 1 massive one is alot of work. If i ever get free time ill see if i can help you, for now though i can only get advice.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

DB editing is the easiest, i would suggest starting with unit making since once you start putting up decent quaility unit pics interest will pick up and you may quickly get a team togther. I wish i had time so i could help, but 2 big modd and 1 massive one is alot of work. If i ever get free time ill see if i can help you, for now though i can only get advice.
    What software would you recommend for unit making?

I havent looked at any of the new modding officale tools yet, but the PFM tool found in tools tutorials and resaurces section should let you do all the DB editing you want.
    My mods

What about for retexturing units? Which program do I use for that?

PFM lets you access all the files in the pack and some of those files refer to variant_models and some to uniform color for units.
    My mods

PFM lets you access all the files in the pack and some of those files refer to variant_models and some to uniform color for units.
    PFM is, confusing to say the least. Then again I have no background in modding at all. The official modding tools look more user friendly.

PFM is confusing at first, but its the only tool i have used so i cant help with the officale ones, yet.
    My mods

I edited OP because I got a much more doable idea.

If you add any samurai with grenade launchers & bullet resistant armor im going to be very mad at you. Other then that your mod idea is much more plossible.
    My mods

If you add any samurai with grenade launchers & bullet resistant armor im going to be very mad at you. Other then that your mod idea is much more plossible.
    If this is ever made I'd prefer if it was Historically accurate, so now 21st century Samurai.

Also do you think if the Germans won WWI, the Soviet Union would have still came into existence?

I consider my self a pretty big ww1 history guy so ill give you my 2 cents on that.

If the shifflen plan was adopted fully and paris fell 1914 there wouldve been no need for the germans to let lenin through germany to get russia out of the war so the revolution if it happened wouldve lacked leadership.

In a germany vs russia situation after paris fell, the initial fight would be for east prussia since russia wouldve taken it due to lack of troops defending. This would lead to a bloody attritional slug fest between austria-hungary germany & russia likely resultingnig in the later losing since germany would have there entire army against them and half of there army in real life resulted in the defeat of russia. This time around though with out lenin leadinghe revolution it would likely flounder and not succed meaning the war against russia would go on alot longer likely resulting in a draw or a minimal peace settlement.

In this scenario the revolution with out a powerful charismatic leader has floundered around and if still a factor by the end of the war would likely be crushed by the Czarist forces. Even if the Czars forces were stalemated outside allies such as britain & possible france would likely help in crushing the revolution like they did historically, even though historically they failed. Even in a worst case scenario with strong leadership of the revolution the Czar Nicholas II might have asked his cousing Kaiser Whilhem II for aid, now not as likely it still is quite possible since as a monarch himself he wouldnt want any revolutionary ideas floating around like communism. He may also like his cousin and not want him to die.

On the flip side if the war lasts till 1918 and Germany crushes France during there sprig offencive (not likely) russia would likely end up falling to the communist revolution and the Soviet Union would exist.

My 2 cents.
    My mods

How about in this Universe, Austria-Hungary managed to conquer Serbia around the same time the Germans take Paris, would they war be over?

Its hard to say but, likely russia & britain porbably wouldnt agree to peace. I think they would fight on and try to play the long run since britain & russia have a huge manpower reserve well germany & austria-hungary dont. What i see happening is a entrenched stalemate on the eastern front similar to what happened on the western front so the war theroetically would be far from over.
    My mods

Its hard to say but, likely russia & britain porbably wouldnt agree to peace. I think they would fight on and try to play the long run since britain & russia have a huge manpower reserve well germany & austria-hungary dont. What i see happening is a entrenched stalemate on the eastern front similar to what happened on the western front so the war theroetically would be far from over.
    Lets just say it does, for the mods sake.

Anyways, I came up with a new faction, The Democratic Republic of Nippon. Basically they're a US backed Puppet from what I envision.

Hi just an idea but I think Britian should be a faction as well. Because if the war went bad for them in Europe they could still play a hand in Japan/ pacific as they have there colonial forces from Australia and new Zealand and they could Allie with the empire of Japan and try to stop the Germans what do you if?.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast