Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46718687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2067

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

After reading some diplomacy guides, I decided to try Medieval 2 once again, but SS rather than vanilla. Not an exceptional player, I am playing with the middle ground AI, no BGR (not a big fan of more micro than I already do), and M/M (in restrospect, maybe should have gone for M/H). Doing pretty well, as thanks to the guide I can decide which when and with who I am fighting, and finally got breathing room to build my economy. I however, in my war against France (as England. Between turn 30 to around 50) I noticed their armies weren't really varied. They were mostly (90%) urban spearmen, next to no archers (maybe except the veterans from the starting forces), and a handful of siege engines. That might be mostly my fault for blitzkrieging their castles (which were fairly developed, but lacked military building variety), but the AI is equiped to field varied armies in this mod, isn't it?

PS: Early middle ages.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

If they don't have anymore castles, that might explain why as they can't recruit the best early game units.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Was wondering if anyone had or knew of any SS6.4 sub mods which gave England the following regions; Norwich &/or Warwick (maybe even Lancaster).

Would love to have a family member/general get Duke of Norfolk or Earl of Warwick ancillary once they sat in that region for 1 turn.

Thanks
    Last edited by Markmilan; August 16, 2016 at 03:35 PM.

Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project has Norwich but it probably also has many features you might now care for.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Thanks mate

Hi guys,

I am playing SS 6.4 with Meneths Sub Mod 6.0. (late era).

There are random notification on the Strategy Map which pop up every now and then, such as pirates attacking my fleet, troubadours arriving at the court etc.
    A player has got to choose to pay the price or leave it, but does is change anything on the game? I did not notice how my trade was affected by pirates nor how the princesses received more charme by troubadours.

Anyone know about that?

BTW: Further question still remains unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs_frosties View Post
    Hi guys,

this is a question I asked myself, too. Anyone know how the "flying cow" affects green units?

Thanks.
    Thank you and long live this mod!

Blog Entries

This kind of events affect some of your characters traits. For example, if you accept to do a donation for a great council, then your priests gain in piety. Regarding troubadour, s you mentioned, your princesses get more charm. That's useful if you want to marry a general from another faction. I'm not sure but it might also help for diplomacy.

I don't remember about pirates but I guess it works the same way.

To answer your last question, flying cows make your ennemy units sick, lowering down their stats. It works the same way on yours. So, take care when you use that.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

flying cows make your ennemy units sick, lowering down their stats. It works the same way on yours. So, take care when you use that.
    I found that out the hard way... lol. Lots of "tough" HRE warriors puking their guts out outside of the city... hahahaha.

Thank you Lifthrasir!

How do you restore the vanilla music to SS?

Quote Originally Posted by EightDeer View Post
    How do you restore the vanilla music to SS?
    Sorry for the double post, but I worked out how to do it for myself. I'm posting the solution here for posterity.

For this, you will need to download a couple things: Vercingetorix's IDX extractor, and the vanilla sound text files.<M2TW install folder>

1. Go to <Stainless Steel install folder>\data, and delete descr_sounds_music.txt
    2. Go to <SS>\data\sounds\music, and delete all files in the directory. Don't delete the directory itself.
    3. Unzip the IDX extractor to <Total War Medieval II install folder>\data\sounds, then run extract_sounds.bat. It will probably crash while working on Voice3.idx, but that's okay, the music files will already be extracted.
    4. There should be a new folder labeled data in the directory you are in. Go to the new data\sounds\music, and move all the extracted mp3 files into <SS>\data\sounds\music.
    5. Open up the rar file containing the vanilla sound text files, and extract the descr_sounds_music from the rar into <SS>\data.
    6. Go back to <Total War Medieval II install folder>\data\sounds, and delete the leftover voice files.

I hope this helps you.

why do i have so many traitors in the grand campaign i play as holy romans even family member are traitors in some turns almost al my army's are gone because of that
    do any one know why ?

Blog Entries

Are you using BGR mod? If not, what traits your faction leader has?

yes i am using BGR mod is that the reason off the many traitors

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by salamander1000 View Post
    why do i have so many traitors in the grand campaign i play as holy romans even family member are traitors in some turns almost al my army's are gone because of that do any one know why ?
    If you'd ask me, I'd say that this is a great feature of the BGR - it makes Loyalty much more meaningful and historical. It's why you bother about this attribute. Before sending an army you have to consider if the general will behave faithfully in the campaign. It's a constrain all the rulers had to consider, it was the reallity of the armies and political system at that time. Even royal sons would defy their parents, using the forces entrusted to them. In the HRE these were rebellions which kept in check the emperor - just recall Canossa (or the historically starting situation of Poland in 1000 with a weak father, and the two sons vieing for power and rebelling with the forces from "their" provinces).
    To my mind, the in-game Loyalty should be around 3 - then you've got incentive to care to whom the Privy Seal and the provincial titles are assigned. Should you give them to your best general just-in-case, or to a general with low Loyalty to prevent him from the very likely desertion? It's a trade-off, you've got a choice - it makes the game.
    So I love this feature in the BGR and I wish to see it in the other mods.

Hi everyone, First time on the forum and first time playing SS, Seems awesome so far! I was wondering if there is any way to change your religion in SS; This post (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ion-and-Church) shows a way to do it with normal M2TW, but when I tried for SS I couldn't find export_descr_buildings_enums.txt and this post (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-new-modders) showed how to unpack it so that the file would be accessible, but SS doesn't have any pack files, and when I tried to unpack anyway it did nothing. I tried doing the faction religion conversion without export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, but the game just crashed on startup. If anyone knows a solution, I am in need of help. If anyone is interested, I was trying to make the Norwegian nation pagan and try to take all of Scandinavia for Norway

I was wondering if there was a way to modify the files to reduce the time it takes to recruit units, say reducing the recruitment time for units like the Skoutatoi and Stratiotai from three turns to one.

Quote Originally Posted by n1985 View Post
    I was wondering if there was a way to modify the files to reduce the time it takes to recruit units, say reducing the recruitment time for units like the Skoutatoi and Stratiotai from three turns to one.
    export_descr_unit.txt is the file u need to edit, http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Export_descr_unit.txt

hey guys,
    im new to this mod so there are some things i still need to find out, but something happens that i can't figure out.
    im playing as the holy roman empire and around turn 30 i bribed the city groningen, by netherland, everything is fine, city was empty.
    i sended some units for garrison there but before they arrived suddenly i got a new army next standing to it, with around 3 viking units, a few spearmen and crossbowmen.

i was pretty confused, i didn't get any message, they just stood there, belonging to me and i didn't know why, but im grateful for the vikings lol.

hope someone can enlighten me.

hello, i need help.
    when i try launch game (evrything is installed) i got error
    ,, Launcher error!
    Unable to locate kingdoms.exe
    Is kingdoms.exe in MTW2 folder?,,
    i have windows7,UAC-dissabled,played SS6.4 for many years and i never got this problem
    what i need to do?