Page 92 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4267828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2067

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Hi,
    Searched for "spawn" in the thread but nothing showed regarding my question:

Playing Late campaign with England, Pope has excommunicated me and now most of the whole world is at war with me. Ok, I can understand the Pope must hate me. But my question is:

Does the AI spawn enemy armies out of thin air ? I have this city South of Spain, Silves I think it's called, and for the last turns many stacks of Sicilian, Polish and Hungarian stacks of units keep showing up to attack me. Are they being spawned out of thin air by some script or are they really being transported there and paid with the finances of their countries?

Thanks.

(PS: another question, what will happen if I attack Rome and kill the Pope ???? !!!!)

Decanus

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    (PS: another question, what will happen if I attack Rome and kill the Pope ???? !!!!)
    This, I can answer. There's going to be a Papal Election, and if you've got any cardinal in the Council, you'll be reconciled. However, your standing with the Pope will not be high, unless he comes from your faction, or your vote has been decisive to have him elected; after all, you stole him Rome I suggest you to return it to him, this will boost relations at an incredible rate.

Or, if you don't get reconciliation after the sack and his death, you might as well sell Rome back to the Papal States in order to get that reconciliation. The option will appear in the diplomatic negotiations offers

Lol basically the pope called a crusade called upon you, no army is being spawned from thin air...you can go and kill the pope with assassins and the new elected pope will likely pardon you.
    Or if you decide to capture Rome by military might, well the Papal States will just repawn wherever there is a catholic priest alive and hostilities will resume since he'll want to get Rome back ASAP.

The only effective way of absolutely destroying the Papal States is by killing every catholic priest on the map. Not sure if the faction respawns if a priest is trained afterwards this though.

Quote Originally Posted by croata91
    I tried changing it and replacing it but didnt have any success. Can anyone recommend what to do.
    Yeah, I recommend reading before posting.

Thanks for the replies.
    The Pope already has a Holy War against me. I plan to take Rome and give it for free to my new allies, The Golden Horde !

never give anything for free, you'll regret it at some point...the horde may turn on you anytime, specially since your global reputation must be of the lowliest scum excomunicated apostate. XD

Can't find the screenshots (wiyh print screen) folder. Tried searching on web but couldn't find any "tgas" folder anywhere in the Medieval Total War folder nor in program files Sega. I'd like to post some screenshots about my conquest of Rome.

Senator

Can't find the screenshots (wiyh print screen) folder. Tried searching on web but couldn't find any "tgas" folder anywhere in the Medieval Total War folder nor in program files Sega. I'd like to post some screenshots about my conquest of Rome.
    It's not in your main folder?You could also try Fraps or something like that.
    Last edited by Sint; October 05, 2015 at 11:28 AM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    The only effective way of absolutely destroying the Papal States is by killing every catholic priest on the map. Not sure if the faction respawns if a priest is trained afterwards this though.
    i did this once in vanilla as england. put all my priest on a mercenary boat and got it sunk by pirates and then killed all the other catholic factions. it was very anticlimactic as the was no "The papal states faction is destroyed" message. but i held rome and the college of cardinals was empty so.
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

I conquered Rome and Pisa but still Papal Faction lives. Couldn't find any other city of theirs on the map, but in the last couple of turns I see they hve taken the city South of Milan, which I will of course take.
    The Pope's keep on spawning right beside Rome and my Assassins are eliminating them after several tries.

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Papal states cannot​ be destroyed

As I said before if you really want to destroy papal states faction, you have to kill every priest of every catholic factions in the map.

Destroying all other catholic factions is certainly the most effective way, but there is also the alternative way of deploying assassins all over the map hunting priests and sabotaging churches, this might be harder to achieve but might be funnier xD

I conquered Rome and Pisa but still Papal Faction lives. Couldn't find any other city of theirs on the map, but in the last couple of turns I see they hve taken the city South of Milan, which I will of course take.
    The Pope's keep on spawning right beside Rome and my Assassins are eliminating them after several tries.
    EDIT: No, the city south of Milan is Genovese; banner similar to Pope's.

Got it, Papal states cannot be destroyed. I'll just live with it, they are not much trouble anymore except that I am being excommunicated most of the time because I don't abide to the Pope's orders of making peace with factions I want to destroy.

Another thing; this is just feedback: The disaster and other factors that damage units is really and annoyance IMHO because it means a lot more time and finger tiredness micromanaging reorganizing units every turn. Is this feature really useful and necessary? After all, since it affects all other countries, what purpose does it serve?

The heretics/withches stuff also diverts from the interesting gameplay, which is war.

Furthermore, the princesses and the diplomats who seem to be doing some action but no screen of negotiation shows between turns just really slows down turn time.

QUESTION: To what year does the long campaign run to? Does it include the Lancasters, Yorks of mid 15th century in England?
    Last edited by General Gordon; October 12, 2015 at 07:13 AM.

Not really
    the late campaign starts at 1220, more than 200y before the War of the Roses...anything can happen in those 200 turns.
    You could end up with a Lancaster or York surnamed King, as they're in england's surname list but it would be only by chance.

More feedback:
    Crusader States are retarded: I gave them a big amount of money (yes, I cheat using and abusing add_money in game console) but the majority of their forces just stay in that little Island they have near the Ayyubid coastline; they seem UNABLE to build navys to transport them to mainland.

Nations that I find so far that have too strong armies compared to the rest:
    Sicily (currently playing campaing with them)
    France
    All three Arabs (Ayyubid, Almohad, etc.)
    Aragon

Nations that I find so far that have too strong armies compared to the rest:
    Sicily (currently playing campaing with them)
    France
    All three Arabs (Ayyubid, Almohad, etc.)
    Aragon
    Use strategy

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

QUESTION: To what year does the long campaign run to? Does it include the Lancasters, Yorks of mid 15th century in England?
    i don't think total war games have an actual end if you win the campaign. I was played an England campaign til the in game date was in the 1900s.
    (i like building infrastructure and slowly conquering the world.)
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.