Page 8 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    To what value did you change the timescale, also what did you do to the aging script? Im not going to give you an answer myself since i know almost nothing about modding, but this will help others who know their stuff give you an answer.

Btw great LP, its much more better than the others on i have seen on YT, but there are some things IMO that could be improved still.
    Hey Baltic Warrior,

Thanks for the compliment! It's been a fun campaign thus far even if I couldn't prolong the lives of my general's, haha. It was set to something like .50 but I changed it a couple weeks ago in addition to putting the script back into place.

I wasn't sure if either would have an impact since I thought the number of turns or year triggered the event.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

This thread is not for bug reports.

Hi, I need tips to wage war against another Catholic nation without getting excommunicated.
    Outgunned, outnumbered...But never outclassed!

Quote Originally Posted by ForVictory View Post
    Hi, I need tips to wage war against another Catholic nation without getting excommunicated.
    Get them excomunicated before you get excomunicated - place a single unit near the border of your nation and the enemys and the AI will think its an easy victory, then retreat and he will enter your territory and continue the attack which will now count as an attack on your nation so their papal rating will start to drop, repeat a few times to get them excomd and then feel free to wage war.

What are the main things that are different from Vanilla? Does this mod let you play as more factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider128 View Post
    What are the main things that are different from Vanilla? Does this mod let you play as more factions?
    In a nutshell, the main differences from Vanilla are:

-A bunch more factions
    -No Americas
    -Tries to be more historical
    -Gives the AI a bunch of cheats to make the game a lot harder

Those are some of the main differences, but of course there are tons and tons of smaller differences that would take forever to go through.

Get them excomunicated before you get excomunicated - place a single unit near the border of your nation and the enemys and the AI will think its an easy victory, then retreat and he will enter your territory and continue the attack which will now count as an attack on your nation so their papal rating will start to drop, repeat a few times to get them excomd and then feel free to wage war.
    Can i attack untill the dead line after x turns or do i need to stop immediately when the warning is given?
    Outgunned, outnumbered...But never outclassed!

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ForVictory View Post
    Can i attack untill the dead line after x turns or do i need to stop immediately when the warning is given?
    your supposed to stop immediately if you want to avoid losing reputation with the pope. but remember giving large amounts of money makes him happy and will be the easiest way to increase reputation.

In SS, a 5000 florin gift to the Pope is equal to one papal favor cross. Just make sure that you hit the gift button and not the offer button.

Why do bodyguards have free upkeep in this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    Why do bodyguards have free upkeep in this mod?
    Because you already pay wages for them, which is 250 per turn. Considering their small size, that is about what you should be paying for them.

Mr.Fable's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Raider128 View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Stainless_Steel#Features

Is it possible to install this mod and run it while having TATW already installed? If yes, is there a thread detailing the steps necessary to ensure nothing gets bonked?

Yes, they are both mod foldered, there is nothing extra needed to be done for them not to interfiere with each other just install them in ...Medieval 2\mods, only thing you have to make sure is not to do is to install SS in the TA mod folder or vice versa, but you have to be blind to do that

Coxy's Avatar Miles

Hello....been playing 6.4 recently... the last version I was playing was the one where you could choose between early / late campaign from the menu screen, but it would crash when swapping.

I'm trying to choose the late era campaign from the new setup screen - but every time I save and exit it goes back to the early era campaign - it just won't swap it for me.

Is this a bug? Regardless - will I not be able to access the better units because I'm in the early era campaign - or is the same units whichever campaign you play?

Thanks

You should reinstall SS completely if it cheshes in the setup menu.

And yes, you will get all the same units as in late campaign, you just have the extra 100 turns with little advances (years 1100 - 1200) and the early campaign ends 50 or a bit more years earlier than the late campaign, but that can be changed easily.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRosario View Post
    In SS, a 5000 florin gift to the Pope is equal to one papal favor cross. Just make sure that you hit the gift button and not the offer button.
    Nope. The amount of "Crosses" you have, is actually just a representation of your relations with the papal states. If your relations with the papal stated are perfect, you have 10 crosses automatically. (except when you are excommunicated). In order to increase your reltions with a faction one lever, I find a gift of 1500 florins works 95% of the time. (for example, make sure you gift 5 gifts of 1500. Not one gift of 8500. It won't give you as much reputation)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Coxy's Avatar Miles

You should reinstall SS completely if it cheshes in the setup menu.

And yes, you will get all the same units as in late campaign, you just have the extra 100 turns with little advances (years 1100 - 1200) and the early campaign ends 50 or a bit more years earlier than the late campaign, but that can be changed easily.
    Thanks for such a swift response.

I don't want to reinstall SS as when I first installed it (6.4) it wouldn't load at all - no idea why, but now it at least loads. So I don't want to ruin it! if the only change is the timeline and maybe a few boundary changes I'm happy to play with just the early era - it was having access to all units I was more bothered about.

Looking in the building browser though I can't see many units listed - for example as England I only have 2 types of Horse units from the stables. I presume this is like TATW where you get access to higher tier units much later in the game...

You get units when they appeared historically.

You don't need to give 5000 to the Pope. Even 1000 will do. Just keep giving bit by bit, as it has a better effect, unless you're going to give a lot, like 100 000. Then you'll have perfect relations anyway.

hello 2 simple questions here..
    Where do I need to go to make the TPY be 2 and not 1? i.e 6 months pass not 12, and is this kind of change save-game compatible or no?
    Also, does stainless steel remove the whole camera events such as enemy generals dying/ ally generals dying/ walls going down/ etc...? Or is that only found in TATW and I am hallucinating memories of it being in vanilla m2tw.