Page 76 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2651666768697071727374757677787980818283848586101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2067

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

I think that would rather be a Tutorial, as reverse engineering is mostly about figuring things out by yourself.

Anyway here is a list of the files you'd need to edit:
    descr_character.txt (setting which model the factions will use for princess)
    descr_sm_factions.txt (for allowing muslim factions to have princesses)
    descr_model_strat.txt (details for the stratmap model and textures muslim princess will have)
    export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt (for adding princess voices to "middle eastern accent", you will need to delete sound/events.dat and events.idx so the game updates with new princesses voice info)
    text/event_strings.txt (replace the "DO NOT TRANSLATE" text from middle_eastern culture princess interactions like marriage, diplomacy, etc, and copying over greek culture texts)

now for the model you could use the same princess model used by north europeans but with a re-texture for each muslim factions.

TWC tutorials already cover how to edit most of these files, and well for reverse engineering you can start by spotting the differences between the file versions of SS6.4 with those of SSHIP and HURB

Maybe when i get time i'll make a full tutorial on how adding muslim princess.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Nope, the 6.1 soundtrack is definitely not on 6.3. Any idea how I can add it?
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here

moving my thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pt-not-working to here. Can anyone help me out? I cant play this game without 2 turns per year and a synchronized aging system. I've done this in the past with no problem at all but setting my turns to 0.50 and deleting everything under the ageing script is not working. Makes no sense to me.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by jc0519 View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pt-not-working to here. Can anyone help me out? I cant play this game without 2 turns per year and a synchronized aging system. I've done this in the past with no problem at all but setting my turns to 0.50 and deleting everything under the ageing script is not working. Makes no sense to me.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?175383-12-turns-per-year-with-proper-aging

Use one of these scripts, they worked perfectly for me, be sure to copy/paste the script text in the proper file and position.

Also;

Which files do I need to modify to change the required turns that need to pass until a crusade/jihad can be launched after the previous one?
    Last edited by +Marius+; September 27, 2014 at 02:35 PM.

Hi, this has been copied from a separate thread I made, I assume this thread is a more suitable place to ask such questions

I want to edit the game so that archer's stakes can be planted on paved roads. Is this possible / which file do I need to edit?

Thanks for any help.

After you change the timescale you have to start a new campaign. If you set it to 0.5, you don't need an aging script, since characters age by 6 months a turn by default.

Is anything beyond SS 6.4 dead?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    After you change the timescale you have to start a new campaign. If you set it to 0.5, you don't need an aging script, since characters age by 6 months a turn by default.
    Thank you but i am aware that you need to start a new campaign. I've done this in the past with no problems at all, my time scale is set to 0.50 and i completely deleted ALL of the ageing script, even the title header ======AGEING SCRIPT======= and its not working, i have no idea why

thanks! awesome

Laetus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

If I start an early campaign, does the gameplay eventually reach the late campaign? I have my cities and castles wholly upgraded and built, yet the best units I have are early professional. How can I get the late professional and so on while the enemy still has early?

Certain events are triggered at various turns(years) in the campaign. When you reach this turn the more advanced armours, units, buildings become available.

If you want to find out when a unit will come available, open SS6.3/data/export_descr_building now CTRL+F and type the unit you want to find out about.

EXAMPLE Halberd Militia CTRL+F it you find this line

recruit_pool "ME Halberd Militia" 1 0.125 2 0 requires factions { kwarezm, } and event_counter new_era_begins 1

then go into the folder SS6.3/data/campaign/early/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_events.txt

This file will tell you which events happen when.

event historic new_era_begins
    date 200

​This means at turn 200 you get Halberd militia

Early Professional and Late Professional are unit types, not troops that appear early on or late on.

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here

Ive been playing for something like 240 turns as lithuania but, with byg grim reality, (IV i think), I havent been able to recruit anything above average units, despite the fact that i have 90%+ religious support recriutment staff and war council member. It doesant even work with the faction leader, i checked starting a new campaign with france to see if it was any different but it was the same,
    so my question is - is there a way of getting rid of the real recruitment side of byg or does anyone know if im doing something wrong

thank you guys, p.s. im not very computer literate so bare with me

You have to read the manual and post in Byg's forum for that.

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Hi, am playing as England on early era campaign SS6.4 with bugfix compiltation v1.26 (thanks v. much to all of the creators as they are superb!).

Question is when King Henry has children they have no surname - just their first name shows in the family tree. Also once the faction heir (Duke Robert) marries and has children they have no surname either. On the other hand Robert De Blois child and children all have surnames.

In Desc_strat Duke Robert and King Henry both have surnames but its not carrying to their children/the game? Any ideas? Could it be that William the conqueror has no surname in Desc_Strat?

Thanks

hmmm i though i had fixed this but apparently it can't be done :/
    yeah most likely the cause is the lack of William's surname, for 1.27 I will add him "de Normandie" and i suppose his descendants will carry on this surname then.

Quick question. In SS 6.4 is it possible for Poland and Lithuania to merge and become the polish-Lithuanian commonwealth? Also is the Lithuania faction able to choose to convert to Christianity later on in the game? Oh! Is Denmark and Norway able to form the Kalmar Union like in the vanilla Total War Kingdoms campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_arms86 View Post
    Quick question. In SS 6.4 is it possible for Poland and Lithuania to merge and become the polish-Lithuanian commonwealth? Also is the Lithuania faction able to choose to convert to Christianity later on in the game? Oh! Is Denmark and Norway able to form the Kalmar Union like in the vanilla Total War Kingdoms campaign?
    For the first two, yes, it is possible, but you have to mod SS6.4.