Page 55 of 104 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2067

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

They're busy with other things, so no work is being done.

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    They're busy with other things, so no work is being done.
    Oh. That stinks since Third Age is on permanent hiatus. Damn.
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Other people are doing work on TA, just like on SS.

i have a question about the longer assimilation is this for player only ? and does it happen for the AI ? and is the extra unrest(turmoil) permanent ?

Biarchus

I have a question on Teutonic order. In my Polish campaign I captured all their settlements, I killed all their field armies and generals, but a few turns later a new Grandmaster appeared with a new army. Is the Teutonic Order destroyable and how?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzg View Post
    I have a question on Teutonic order. In my Polish campaign I captured all their settlements, I killed all their field armies and generals, but a few turns later a new Grandmaster appeared with a new army. Is the Teutonic Order destroyable and how?
    If you are playing the early campaign then they are in horde mode which means you cant ever fully destroy them, The grandmasters should stop spawning though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

Biarchus

Thanks a lot. It was early campaign, in late I didn't have the opportunity to destroy them. What do you mean with Grandmasters not spawning? They had a leader in the army.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzg View Post
    Thanks a lot. It was early campaign, in late I didn't have the opportunity to destroy them. What do you mean with Grandmasters not spawning? They had a leader in the army.
    I presume you destroyed them in one of the first turns after they showed up. If that is true, then they get extra armies spawned for them which is explains them showing up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

Biarchus

Ok, thanks a lot

Does anybody know, were Pechenegs defeated by Alexius and Ioannis enlisted into Skythikon unit or their formed their own one?

Thx in advance.

Yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Levounion

Ioannis hired mercs, mainly Latinikon because he was out of manpower to fill his army. Core of army was mercs. Scythikon was made of Cuman aka Scythian mercs.
    He just continued the tradition. These military men were settled into border areas like Thrace, Phrygia for exchange of their service.
    http://asiaminor.ehw.gr/forms/fLemma...x?lemmaID=9275

Quote Originally Posted by magitsu View Post
    Also:

"Levounion was a great victory and a massacre - in which the Cumans refused to join - but there were still Pechenegs left in the steppe for the Cumans to attack in 1094, and to themselves invade across the Danube one final time, until the forces of John II Komnenos, son of Alexios I, defeated them completely in 1122, at Beroia, the Stara Zagora of modern Bulgaria."
    p. 163, The Grand Strategy of the Byzantine Empire

"[John II] Demonstrated little interest in the Balkans, although in 1122 he defeated an invading force of "Scythians", possibly Pechenegs or Cumans. Also, a brief and opportunistic invasion by John in 1127-1129 forced the Hungarians to sign a lasting peace treaty."

p. 289, Oxford Encl. of Medieval Warfare and Military Technology, 1

Ooh yes, I read about that, pretty much anything on the net about komnenian army and few books, but stil, resources are so small
    Interesting article indeed, so it is saying Skythikon was formed by these settled Cumans, but I am more interessted in John II. , was the Skythikon formed by mercenaries or settled mercenaries aka military settlers, just like he did with Serbs?

Thanks on quick response

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvatska2014 View Post
    Interesting article indeed, so it is saying Skythikon was formed by these settled Cumans, but I am more interessted in John II. , was the Skythikon formed by mercenaries or settled mercenaries aka military settlers, just like he did with Serbs?
    Probably the same as with Vatatzes. Meaning mercs, who were paid in land. Because they weren't just hired for short duration, but formed part of the centre army for many emperors.

I've just downloaded this mod and I have to say it's so in depth it's going to take me some time to get used to it. My question is this, whilst playing as England my general who was "Count of the Midlands" died before I could pass on the title, how do I go about reviving the title for a general I just adopted?

Biarchus

Go to the settlement with the new general and spend a turn inside the settlement.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by magitsu View Post
    Probably the same as with Vatatzes. Meaning mercs, who were paid in land. Because they weren't just hired for short duration, but formed part of the centre army for many emperors.
    Ok I gett it now. But your first answer confused me a little, did Pechenegs formed their own unit, separate from Skythikon, littarature is saying that once Alexios defeated them and settled them at Moglena, he raised tagmata of Pechenegs, so probably they had an separate unit?

Next, sources say that at battle at Sirmium, Roman army was screened by Turks and Cumans, is it possible that these Cumans were actually a Skythikon, but were reffered by authors as as that?

Thank you man, you are of great help to me!

magraev's Avatar Biarchus

I'm trying to mod SS 6.4 a bit, and I've tried modding the campaign script, the descr_strat and the export_descr_unit. I just can't get the mod to work after my changes - it just returns to the menu every time I try to start a campaign. I then reinstall the mod with ss_setup, and it works Again. I've modded the game for my own use in years, and I've never had these problems before. What is the reason? Or have I just lost my edge?

UAC or Virtual Store?

Or you're doing something the game doesn't like. Make the changes one at a time until you find the cause.