Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2067

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by ikyu828 View Post
    what is the requirement so i can build st. john/templar building?
    i'm playing as france and i can build the templar building in clermont but not anywhere else
    i tried to check export_descr_building but i still don't understand
    only traditional (historically actual) cities outside the holy land can build them, aka clermont for templar, i think santiago for another chapter, etc etc. St Johns gets the holy lands plus Nicaea and rhodes iirc.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    only traditional (historically actual) cities outside the holy land can build them, aka clermont for templar, i think santiago for another chapter, etc etc. St Johns gets the holy lands plus Nicaea and rhodes iirc.
    oh, i c
    when i delete the hidden requirement in the building section i can build them anywhere
    thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by ikyu828 View Post
    oh, i c
    when i delete the hidden requirement in the building section i can build them anywhere
    thanks for the reply
    yes sir.
    LOSTHIEF

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here

So I really love SS and all of it's features except I personally prefer some of the original ME2 unit models. Specifically the Venetian Heavy Infantry. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could still use SS and switch back to the models used in vanilla. Just looking to change a few units not a total overhaul.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74945 - adding units to rosters add units
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=346427 - adding an existing unit to a faction transferring unit
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=424751 - adding units from another mod

Download the formatted BMDB for Vanilla if that's available anywhere (I think I saw only the ones for the expansion campaigns) and copy the relevant information to SS's BMDB. Then perform the necessary changes in the EDU. I don't think you'll need to unpack M2 in order to transfer the models.

I have been playing this game with "Real Recruitment" mode on. Nice feature and refreshing, but my question is this: If I disable this feature, does unit recruitment style chance into standard Med II? Meaning, that like in the early campaign, in order to get factions top tier units, I just need citadels and best barracks? And if thats the case, which setting people prefer to play? With Real Recruitment, or do people disable it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gronndar View Post
    I have been playing this game with "Real Recruitment" mode on. Nice feature and refreshing, but my question is this: If I disable this feature, does unit recruitment style chance into standard Med II? Meaning, that like in the early campaign, in order to get factions top tier units, I just need citadels and best barracks? And if thats the case, which setting people prefer to play? With Real Recruitment, or do people disable it?
    Most people play with RR on, but it take a LOT of patience to get to the really late game to get the good units. You'll only need the top barracks or any other building for most units, I believe that gunpowder and a some other units will still be locked by an event that will happen at year X. You also need to start a new campaign for the change to take effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

I don't need any patience for it. I just play the game and enjoy it. Live in the moment, people.

I have question about difficulties. How much bonuses AI gets on harder difficulties? And does it get something at normal too? Because my Aragonese campaign is going to fail hard, and even on normal. Problem is that Portugal (they have only Burgos, it is castle) has two full stacks with upgraded armors, and I have half of Pyrenees, but I still have problems with upkeeping my 4,5 stacks all over my empire. So does AI get some more money? And also list of other bonuses could be nice, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Alien Eel View Post
    I have question about difficulties. How much bonuses AI gets on harder difficulties? And does it get something at normal too? Because my Aragonese campaign is going to fail hard, and even on normal. Problem is that Portugal (they have only Burgos, it is castle) has two full stacks with upgraded armors, and I have half of Pyrenees, but I still have problems with upkeeping my 4,5 stacks all over my empire. So does AI get some more money? And also list of other bonuses could be nice, I couldn't find it anywhere.
    If you're talking about the difficulity setting you change in game. all it does AFAIK is that increased battle difficulity = more morale to AI and increased camapaign difficulity = faster degrading relations with other factions.
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

I have a quick question and I apologize if this has already been repeatedly answered already. I'm fairly new two MTW2 and TW overall and I've read something along the lines that 2 handed units under perform due to a buggy animation. I've heard this was somewhat fixed by patches but there are still some issues, and I'm just wondering do any of these vanilla issues exist in SS 6.4? If there are no issues with 2 handed units just a quick question can they function as frontline infantry or are they primarily meant to be a flanking force? Also should I keep them away from certain heavy infantry for example a two handed should not go toe to toe with an opponent with good armor and a shield?

That bug was in the original M2, after Kingdoms expansion came out it was fixed. And yes, 2handers should primarily be used as flank infantry that provide the shock and break the enemy.

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

You know, it's too bad the 2h swords, at least, aren't better at frontally breaking up pikes. You know, like history

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by UndrState View Post
    You know, it's too bad the 2h swords, at least, aren't better at frontally breaking up pikes. You know, like history
    You know my Zweihänder are doing the job just fine
    And they were never excepted to fight against pike formations by themselves.

Btw. I don't like the fact that Gothic knights use Zweihänder,they should use polehammers or other polearms.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

I thought the AI got a bigger King's Purse on higher difficulty levels.

i think they do, they get the more morale too in battles and the diplomacy thing degrading over time at anything over m/m.
    LOSTHIEF

are there any submods or something for SS that adds america to the map ?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

No, there is not as the Americas map was replaced with more territories in the East

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

How do you use the console to skip ahead in a Hotseat, I want to play as the Mongols.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddeeUpp View Post
    How do you use the console to skip ahead in a Hotseat, I want to play as the Mongols.
    use spectator mode and just let the game run, then rejoin when mongols come into play.
    LOSTHIEF