Page 34 of 104 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243445984 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

So if William Wallace shows up as a unique general unit for the Scots, does Joan of Arc show up for the French? (or any other historically significant figure?)

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

I had the idea of creating a new Greco Empire. I planned on making it a migration campaign but I am unsure of what faction I should use. Any suggestions? Also please no Byzantines. If I want to make a Roman Empire I will.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    I had the idea of creating a new Greco Empire. I planned on making it a migration campaign but I am unsure of what faction I should use. Any suggestions? Also please no Byzantines. If I want to make a Roman Empire I will.
    Im not sure of what you want to do, do you want to use another faction to invade the byzantines lands and establish there or use byzzies to migrate and establish somewhere else(Iberia for example)?

Use another faction to leave their homelands and settle in Greece. Namely with Athens being the Capital. I decided against the Byzantines because I would never be able to think of them as Greek. Only Roman. I just wanted to know if anyone had a good suggestion or had dome this before. Roght now I am leaning toward the Crusader States.

Going with the CS would be totally realistic, you could RP as the Latin Empire.

Portugal/Aragon might be good as well because of their large javelin roster availability and good ships.

"I would never be able to think of them as Greek. Only Roman."

But they are Greeks, not Romans.

But they are Greeks, not Romans.
    Well, they are romans, sort of.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    Well, they are romans, sort of.
    Well ,they did view themselves as romans .

So did many other people and that didn't make them Roman.

I know by that point they are pretty much Greek but everytime I look at their faction symbol I would immediatly think of the Eastern Roman Empire from Barb Invasion. Actually I do that now...

Dahoota's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    Use another faction to leave their homelands and settle in Greece. Namely with Athens being the Capital. I decided against the Byzantines because I would never be able to think of them as Greek. Only Roman. I just wanted to know if anyone had a good suggestion or had dome this before. Roght now I am leaning toward the Crusader States.
    During the period, outside nations referred to the Byzantines as "the Empire of the Greeks". Your not going to find a more greek nation than them. I think they should at least be Orthodox (Catholicism is almost non-existant in Greece even today). Maybe Kiev?

I agree, roleplaying the CS is probably be the most realistic option.

Hey guys, this mod has 12 turn/year right? so i have to press end turn 12 times for a year to go by?
    I'm playing 6.4 and it only has 2 turn/year so when i move my general out, its winter the next turn so they die :/
    help?

Now i have never been a fan of this recruitment where i have to wait 10-20 turns to recruit a unit i want. So im looking for a mod that brings the recruitment back to how it was in 6.1. Where i recruit whatever i wanted as long as i have the structure for it. Without it, it will become almost impossible to customize my armies properly?
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

and my games keep crashing around 25-30 turn park... help? QQ

Quote Originally Posted by The Asian Guy View Post
    Hey guys, this mod has 12 turn/year right? so i have to press end turn 12 times for a year to go by?
    I'm playing 6.4 and it only has 2 turn/year so when i move my general out, its winter the next turn so they die :/
    help?
    There is a 12tpy submod in the submods section, look for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    Now i have never been a fan of this recruitment where i have to wait 10-20 turns to recruit a unit i want. So im looking for a mod that brings the recruitment back to how it was in 6.1. Where i recruit whatever i wanted as long as i have the structure for it. Without it, it will become almost impossible to customize my armies properly?
    Disable RR/RC in the SS setup. IF you dont know where it is just take a look at the FAQ or something, it has been asked a million times.

and my games keep crashing around 25-30 turn park... help? QQ
    This thread isn't for bugs, you should post it in the correct section.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    Disable RR/RC in the SS setup. IF you dont know where it is just take a look at the FAQ or something, it has been asked a million times.
    That is not enough and barely does anything except remove event based recruitment pretty much. I need to be able to recruit as many units of a kind as i want without it getting limited.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    That is not enough and barely does anything except remove event based recruitment pretty much. I need to be able to recruit as many units of a kind as i want without it getting limited.
    Well then you'll probably have to edit the files yourself. You have to edit export_descr_buildings, im not sure what you have to change exactly trough. You can find that with a bit of searching.

Are there limits to the number of experience points (chevrons) a unit can gain from a single battle? I've seen cavalry units gain 7 or 8 experience points from chasing down hundreds of routing infantry. However, I had a ribault that stopped after gaining 6 experience points. Because that ribault had only 2 or 3 men, it gained 6 experience points very quickly. However, its experience points stopped increasing even though it killed a few hundred more men. Is that some weird hardcoded limit or simply a bug?

I don't think there is an exact limit because I did have one battle where I had a cavalry unit gain 9 chevrons from the battle after wiping out an army of peasants. It may be a bug or it could be related to the amount for the next chevron being too high for the ribault to reach for that battle. A bug makes more sense though.

Seems more like a bug, since I've had a cannon team get wiped out in a battle but two or three of the guys revived at the end and they had 3 gold chevrons, even though they had started the battle with no experience whatsoever. Is your ribault at 3 silver chevrons?