Page 32 of 104 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

I was wondering if there was a way to run SS6.4 in a window. I know this is possible with the vanilla version of the game but so far i haven't found any way to run SS6.4 as a window. Any help is much appreciated .

Vangar's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Which is a bit ironic because neither did they use longbows nor were they useful. At all I's agree that France shouldn't have longbow archers, though it doesn't bother me that much. By the time they are available they aren't much of a threat anyway.

Being away from the mod for a while due to work issues and I'm feeling a little... "rusty".

So, this is were I need some clarification:

I took up my old Byzantine campaign (early era), which is at around turn 105 (year 1140 or something if I am not mistaken) and which was going pretty well actually, and I noticed that even though I have one or two very advanced settlements (eg. Constantinople), the best units I can recruit is "Kastrophylakes" as Infantry and "Ippotoxotai" as Cavalry.

Important note: I am playing 6.4 with Meneth's Submod Compilation, so I only have one settlement type!

I assume that it is a matter of time, that certain units become available only after a specific date or something like that, but I am not sure, so that is what I am asking...

Do I just have to be patient and let the game time pass or is it a submod feature and that's all I will ever get?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Hey,

Just bought the game through Steam to play this mod (and Westeros mod eventually). I've been using the BGRII realism (tried IV and couldn't handle it...). Anyways, I have been playing as Genoa and I've wanted to keep the bloodline pure, so to speak. However, one of the married in men are now the faction heir. How do I remove heir status to him to add to another person? I know this isn't exactly a mod question, but the helps don't work in game and I don't think there's a manual through steam? It's nothing like RTW from what I see...

Thanks

You get him killed.

The Unknown General's Avatar Centenarius

I know that in vanilla crossbowmen weren't good on the walls, but what about SS 6.4?

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown General View Post
    I know that in vanilla crossbowmen weren't good on the walls, but what about SS 6.4?
    Same in SS, you can ready why and how to use them here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ges&highlight=

Foederatus

How useful are shield-walls in Stainless Steel?

Is it just me or you cant change your heir? Also how do you change the setup for example, I have BGR II at the moment though I want to try BGR IV (?).

Is it just me or you cant change your heir? Also how do you change the setup for example, I have BGR II at the moment though I want to try BGR IV (?).
    Well the heir thing sounds normal, you could never do that in Medieval 2, you can use the next heir submod to choose who will be the next heir trough.

You can find the setup file in ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3

I have few questions:
    1. Where can I find soundtrack? There is one song, for christian factions, I won't describe it becouse it will sound stubid, but there was trumpet, harp and trumbone..
    2. What will happen if I will shoot anybody with dead cattle? Nothing accualy happened, except green banner

Q: I like the music, how can i extract it from SS?
    A: All the new music files SS uses are located in data\sounds\music.

2. Their morale will drop quicker.

ok, thank you, but I have another one: Can I change the date of the end of late era campaign ?

Quote Originally Posted by przemo-dodo View Post
    ok, thank you, but I have another one: Can I change the date of the end of late era campaign ?
    You should be able to, but I cant remember the file you had to edit, you should ask this in the mod workshop or wait for a bit and someone could answer this here too.

Is adopting good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown General View Post
    Is adopting good or bad?
    Its good in the short run - you get more generals and become more mobile with your armies(I never send them w/o a general unless i really must, even trough I dont play with BGR). In the long run, however, you will have lots of generals, but they all will be mediocre, if you keep the family line pure(no adoptions and marriages with men you get offered to marry the daughters to at turn start) you will see the inherited traits becoming more numerous and better as well as preserving the family name and the "of X blood" trait, you also get to use these generals starting with the age of 14, while most adoptions are 20ish already.

That said, if you do not care about preserving the family line you could just adopt a general turn him into a badass with a crusade and have kids from him that will have great inherited traits as well.

In short - yes adopting is bad because they can become the next heirs and your family tree will be quite awkward if you keep adopting often(like a heir thats is 60 and a FL that is 20 and so on.) You also miss out on the trait progression which IMO is better than just adopting a guy with a ready set of traits.

Can you get to the Americas in SS? I got the "world is round" event and have carracks, but when I try to sail west, I just come to an invisible wall and can't go past the fog of war.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

It is the 'End of the World', you will fall over the edge.

Seriously though, the America's was sacrificed for a larger east, rightly so

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Dahoota's Avatar Miles

Can someone explain to me why the southern end of the Caspian sea is inaccessible? I was looking at the history of the Kharezmian Empire (playing as them now) on wikipedia and the area wasn't part of the historical empire either, even though it completely surrounded it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kh..._1220_(AD).PNG

What the hell was there?
    Last edited by Dahoota; April 16, 2013 at 09:11 AM.