Page 26 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

1) The settlement is loyal to another faction so it joined it.

2) Garrison script.

3) + "disobeying orders" question -> BGR, which you installed without reading what it does.

4) No idea, doesn't happen to me.

5) Probably BGR again.

6) Victory is always a possibility. It just might not be a probability.

Did the enemy army see you prepare the ambush?

Accepting the various events can give your agents good traits.

The Pope orders both factions to stop fighting. Retreat to your own territories and just defend yourself. Give the Pope money so he favours you.

Please don't insult us by assuming we wouldn't know where the quote is from.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

3) if by experience you mean experience then that is a total war feature, if you mean command then that may be bgr. Though they added something similar in non - bgr too, in the last ss version. Command has to take over for the ai where humans cheat with their ability to learn.

5) not bgr related

Regarding the fine, laws are always announced in the faction announcements list ( e.g. The chivalric code and the change of the command system when centralisation advances occur) and so are some individual crimes, like corruption. You have to read them when they appear, but if you don't then you can instead check the leaders trait list to see what the current laws are.

Do read the manual if you haven't done so.
    Last edited by Byg; February 02, 2013 at 03:58 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Just a general question; if you change from Early Era to Late Era Campaign or vice-versa, will your earlier saves from the previous Campaign be erased or?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain W. Handberg View Post
    Just a general question; if you change from Early Era to Late Era Campaign or vice-versa, will your earlier saves from the previous Campaign be erased or?
    They will be saved and available again once you swap back to that era.

What button do I have to press while playing battle and moving my troops to see the rout they will travel?? For example when I moved 5 units to formations and press another unit and I wan't to know where the rest will stop. I know it sound very stupid, but it would help me a lot.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by przemo-dodo View Post
    What button do I have to press while playing battle and moving my troops to see the rout they will travel?? For example when I moved 5 units to formations and press another unit and I wan't to know where the rest will stop. I know it sound very stupid, but it would help me a lot.
    You have to select the unit and then press alt I think

But I mean when they are moving, so I can move another units after them

Quote Originally Posted by przemo-dodo View Post
    But I mean when they are moving, so I can move another units after them
    Space will show where your units will end up standing, i dont think there is anything that would show the route of the units like in Empire(where you dont have to press anything to see it).

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    Space will show where your units will end up standing, i dont think there is anything that would show the route of the units like in Empire(where you dont have to press anything to see it).
    isn't it shift???

Quote Originally Posted by Troll King View Post
    isn't it shift???
    Shift just shows the general position of selected units with red arrows IIRC.

I am trying to test certain mechanics of the game and i believe that me assasinating a character makes the game do something differently than when i would let him die peacefully, so now im looking for a way to do this without an assassination or battle, i tried "kill_character" cheat, but that seems to be non-existant.

Is there a cheat kill him? And if there isn't, how can i make a script that will make him die?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    They will be saved and available again once you swap back to that era.
    Once again Baltic Warrior comes to the rescue ! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain W. Handberg View Post
    Once again Baltic Warrior comes to the rescue ! Thanks.
    Happy to be of help!

Is there a way to make my units have that green color( can't remember if it's a light or a circle ) while selected, since I get really confused when fighting pitched battles with rebels and sometimes even against another faction?
    Thanks in advance!

If you are playing in the full UI you can press your factions banner in the right(?) side and it will flash your units in green, ally reinforcements in blue and enemies in red, but it will need to be pressed quite a few times because it dosent flash forever.

To see the red "sticks" that show where your units are going, select the units in question and press Shift.

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_To_...ws_And_Banners

Im just going to ask once again since my question passed by unnoticed:

I am trying to test certain mechanics of the game and i believe that me assasinating a character makes the game do something differently than when i would let him die peacefully, so now im looking for a way to do this without an assassination or battle, i tried "kill_character" cheat, but that seems to be non-existant.

Is there a cheat kill him? And if there isn't, how can i make a script that will make him die?

What happened to the old green circles around each of my units, while they are selected?
    Flashing is nice, but as you've said...

Quote Originally Posted by bojieh View Post
    What happened to the old green circles around each of my units, while they are selected?
    Flashing is nice, but as you've said...
    You may have disabled it without knowing you did it, i remember that i disabled all flags by mistake once and thought it was a bug so i reinstalled the game

You might want to check the medieval2.preference file in the games main directory for an appropriate line there, i have no other ideas on how to fix it, just dont forget to set the file back to read only if you have edited it and saved, otherwise it will reset back to the previous version. You might also want to back it up since it is your first time doing this im guessing.

"What happened to the old green circles around each of my units, while they are selected?"