Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthalion View Post
    Hello,

i have a problem with byzantines units, im near 1200 and cant recruit heavy cavalery i only have scoutatoi, acritae, bowers and light cavalery however i have full upgraded citadel with 90% orthodox faith, is it a bug? may i have to wait again for recrute advanced units?
    You get most of the late byzantine units after the fourth lateran council which takes place in 1221 or 1222

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

thank you for this clear explanation it's going to be hard to keep my empire for 20 years against heavy armies of my neighbors
    Last edited by Arthalion; December 22, 2012 at 04:29 PM.

Tiro

However,I see no inquisitors in ss6.4.

Piety affects settlement INCOME!!!
    A awesome idea,but how much is it?Still I bet it is relatively small..........

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here

HI, I'm playing Stainless Steel 6.4 as the byzantines, and My turn is 227!! every time I try to change the turn the game crashes when the portuguese flag appears!! an unspecified error as ccured and the gamee will now close!! can someone help me please?

Dear all,

I have a problem to upgrade Fortresses to Citadels, as well as Large Cities to Huge Cities. For example Bern is already more than 21k people as a Fortress, and I can't upgrade it. Can anybody tell me what are the number of inhabitants for each of the levels in Stainless Steel? And is there a list of cities / castles that can't be upgraded (or that can be ugraded) to Huge Cities and Citadels?

Thank you very much for any help, and please forgive my English if I am not clear,

FFJean

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus Alexandros Lex View Post
    HI, I'm playing Stainless Steel 6.4 as the byzantines, and My turn is 227!! every time I try to change the turn the game crashes when the portuguese flag appears!! an unspecified error as ccured and the gamee will now close!! can someone help me please?
    That will go into this subforum http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=652

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear all,

I have a problem to upgrade Fortresses to Citadels, as well as Large Cities to Huge Cities. For example Bern is already more than 21k people as a Fortress, and I can't upgrade it. Can anybody tell me what are the number of inhabitants for each of the levels in Stainless Steel? And is there a list of cities / castles that can't be upgraded (or that can be ugraded) to Huge Cities and Citadels?

Thank you very much for any help, and please forgive my English if I am not clear,

FFJean
    Thats a well known issue, citadels and huge cities are hard to get to, too hard even, you need a 10 chivalry general with anti-squalor traits and ancillaries, i suggest you simply use "add_population" cheat to get the last few thousands you need for the citadel/huge city.

Dear Baltic Warrior,

Thank you for your answer. Sorry to ask, I guess it is very easy, but I am really dumb with IT, how can I use "cheat"? Is there a specific group of keys to get there?

Thanks in advance,

FFJean

Dear all,

First, excuse me for my last post. I had a look at MTW2 Guide and seemed to have found the answer. However, I have a French keyboard, and I hope I can do it! Sorry for another question, how many people is there to be in a City to be able to convert to Huge City? And how many in a castle to convert to Citadel?

Thank you all and merry Xmas,

FFJean

Dont know about the french keyboard, give it a shot anyway, cant do anything wrong if you write it wrong. You can find the population needed for the next upgrade by just pointing your mouse over the population in the city details window where you select new buildings to make and what not, a pop up will appear and tell you the abount of people needed for the next upgrade, then just proceed to "add_population" to that region to the amount needed, but you might have to add more than needed, in my experience it could even be around 2 times as much - I once added 1000 trough the cheat, but only 500 got added.

Dear Baltic Warrior,

It seems I am even dumber than I thought. I at least found the key on French keyboards to access the "Medieval shell" (it is "ù"). However, how do I write "add 2000 people" for example? I have tried "add_population" then 2000 (so I have a line which says: "add_population 2000") and it just says "err: settlement not found". And I do not understand where (on which screan) I have to be to know how many people to add (or as you said, how many more people are needed in the settlement to grow to Huge City or Citadel).

Thank you,

FFJean

Dear Baltic Warrior,

I finally managed to do it, thanks to your precious advice! I have indeed noticed, as you mentioned, that the number added is not always the one I typed, so I had to add and add again in some settlements, but again, thank you very much!

Best regards and merry Christmas to you,

FFJean

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

you have to add population by each specific city. for instance

add_population Paris 4000

4000 is the max amount you can add or decrease population by

if you want to decrease population just put a - in front of the number

Indefinitely Banned

how many factions can MT2W have? SS6.4 has 30 and i was thinking of adding a new one

I don't know if this question has been asked already but (and keep in mind that I think this is the best TW mod out there) why do so many of the enemy casualties have to be healed after a battle? In case of defeat, I regularly see around 40% of the enemy casualties I have inflicted during a battle be healed after and it is quite annoying considering it renders last stand kind of battles (which are really fun) virtually pointless and completely ineffective. Being able to inflict pyrrhic victories on the enemy should be a goal no?

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

I'm pretty sure the ai can only heal after it wins a battle. The ai has healing because it does not have sufficient ability to retrain like the player does. So without healing, whilst the player gets ever stronger and more experienced generals and units, the poor old ai armies just dwindle away to nothing and the generals of those armies die with them, denied the possibility of advancement.
    Last edited by Byg; December 24, 2012 at 06:07 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Cher FFJean,

Once you reach 25 posts, you are able to edit them.

k/t

Tiro

This thread needs revival.It should be at the upper side of 1st page.

Ok then,I'll ask another question:

I've heard one guy said that"shooting the rear" could ignore a unit's most/full armour.Is it true?
    If so,why Athanatoi is so invulnerable though it is shooted from every side?
    If not so,what bonus could shield give?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingcat View Post
    This thread needs revival.It should be at the upper side of 1st page.

Ok then,I'll ask another question:

I've heard one guy said that"shooting the rear" could ignore a unit's most/full armour.Is it true?
    If so,why Athanatoi is so invulnerable though it is shooted from every side?
    If not so,what bonus could shield give?
    shooting units in the back avoids shield defence value not armor.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    shooting units in the back avoids shield defence value not armor.
    Hmm..

Then what bonus could a shield give in melee?

Some units like Huscarl and Varrangi,have a shield at back.So it's better to shoot their front,not rear?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingcat View Post
    Hmm..

Then what bonus could a shield give in melee?

Some units like Huscarl and Varrangi,have a shield at back.So it's better to shoot their front,not rear?

shields give armor bonus to front and left side depending on the shield stats in edu

no regardless of how the unit model looks shields dont provide bonuses to the back. no way to change it.