Page 14 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Don't go back-stabbing your allies, executing prisoners or exterminating/sacking settlements. Either ransom (even if the bounty is refused and the prisoners are executed, in this instance it doesn't count against you) or release, and always occupy.

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Hai guys,started playing SS again.And my question is,and sorry if it was already answeared,where exactly do the mongold arrive?
    Im asking because i want the turks as bait and i dont want to expand in the caucausus.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glorious Nationalist View Post
    Hai guys,started playing SS again.And my question is,and sorry if it was already answeared,where exactly do the mongold arrive?
    Im asking because i want the turks as bait and i dont want to expand in the caucausus.
    I haven't played the Early Era campaign in a long time, so I don't remember from personal experience. But based on the Early Era campaign_script, it looks like they spawn around Urgench.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Probably gracul or Caesar Clivus, or King Kong.

Thanks a lot for the answer. It seems that they have all been inactive for quite some time unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    why would you want to do that? most of them are terrible looking. the ones that arent come from other mods
    The Byzantine ones come from CBUR, the Novgorod, Rus and some other ones come from Rusichi. Others still may have been imported as well, but only the mod leaders will know for sure. There will be BC and Magyar Mod units added at some point.

Again thank you, I am aware of the ones from other mods. What I am actually interested is the reskinned units from a faction which are from Stainless Steel, specifically the Kingdom of Aragon units as seen in this old preview http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104053.

Would there be anyone else apart from the above-mentioned inactive members?

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

I cant believe anyone would want to use those units. pretty surprised that those pictures are still available, 5 years old.

king kong will answer eventually.

try asking germanicus

Tiro

I find that the Byzantine family tree in 1220 campaign is very complicated and complex.

In BGR IV,when I finished turn 27 yesterday,three unexpected family members came at age which put a great strain on my fragile economy.

Theodoros Doukas(Durazzo),Ioannis Doukas(Arta),Alexios Commenus(Trebizond) are all family members and their posterity become family members(waste my florins) as well,but they're not shown in the family tree.
    What I find to be the most sarcastic is the Heir doesn't have"Of Greek Blood",so his biological son would become a regent.

Could anyone explain it to me?

P.s: I think it's important because at the beginning of a turn I could have 16,000 florins at most,while at the end of a turn my money never exceeded 1000.So more unknown members could devastate my economy.
    Last edited by flyingcat; December 20, 2012 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingcat View Post
    I find that the Byzantine family tree in 1220 campaign is very complicated and complex.

In BGR IV,when I finished turn 27 yesterday,three unexpected family members came at age which put a great strain on my fragile economy.

Theodoros Doukas(Durazzo),Ioannis Doukas(Arta),Alexios Commenus(Trebizond) are all family members and their posterity become family members(waste my florins) as well,but they're not shown in the family tree.
    What I find to be the most sarcastic is the Heir doesn't have"Of Greek Blood",so his biological son would become a regent.

Could anyone explain it to me?

P.s: I think it's important because at the beginning of a turn I could have 16,000 florins at most,while at the end of a turn my money never exceeded 1000.So more unknown members could devastate my economy.
    I posted quite a long post in this thread, here is my explanaition + some other stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    BW to the rescue I am thinking i might have to write a tutorial about family trees and how to operate them to the max, as i know a lot about their mechanics.

Here is a short asnwer to the main question - if you get a daughter born reload to your newest save that isnt the autosave(it saves the game on the beginning of the new turn) which is hopefully the previous turn, move some agents around to "shuffle" the game and you might just get a son, i ussualy dont use this method as it takes ages for you to get what you want(daughter or son), but in your case i strongly reccomend it.

This in fact, is nessecarry for you to continue the "Of Greek Blood" trait line if you choose to play with the Laskaris family tree, because the starting co-emperor isnt Theodoros's son, he is a guy who married his 1st daughter, but for some reason he dosent get the "Wife is Greek" trait, so the son has no "Of Greek Blood" trait, and you can only continue it by marrying the second Theodoros's daughter to the son of the Co-emperor(or to be simple what you did there).

Not really, the sons and daughters too(should the married general become FH or FL) from these marriges still produce "Of X blood" traits, and if you married a, for exapmle Genoeese male FM to your Byzantine daughter and "stole" him sucsessfully their sons and daughters will get two "Of X blood" traits because the game automatically "prefers" your factions blood trait, but for some reason it dosent ignore the other factions blood trait and so the children get both. I have never got a triple "Of X blood" trait because i havent tried or the game hasnt allowed for it to happen(the married couples male didnt become a FH or FL).

Then you better make it count using the method i game at the start of the post with reloading and "shuffling" the game. It might not be considered "legit", but if you need to get it done, it gets it done.

Actually if you look in carefully Alexios Komnenos isnt a general, he is a family member. The Byzantine late campaign has whole 3 family trees, 2 of them are hidden

The starting family tree is the Laskaris tree. The Laskaris were the rulers of the Empire of Nicaea, i wont go in much detail, you can read more in wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_I_Laskaris and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laskaris

The only Komnenos on the map was the ruler of Trebizond which declared independace a few weeks before Constantinople fell - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexios_I_of_Trebizond and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komneno...oi_as_Emperors (read both as Emperors and The later family section).

The Doukas were the ruling family in Desporate of Epirus(western Greece) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doukas

You can "change" the family trees, but this is one of those things that i do not know that much of, the main goal of this is to kill all male FM's from one family and it will change to another family tree, i do not know if this is can be done multiple times by having some male FM's that have not come of age yet. Also, ive read about one family taking power suddenly when playing Byzantine late campaign, so you might want to kill off the other 2 unwanted families off, so you dont get family trees jumping(altroguh it is a quite realistic depiction of what the Byzantines political situation was like )

In this specific situation (Byzantine late campaign) you can choose between the 3 families, the hardest one to do the "takeover" with is the Komnenos tree, but it is quite a historic family, so i would choose them.

Since he is 39 at the start of the game and unmarried, he only has 6 years to make some kids quickly(i think, im not 100% sure that you cant have kids after 45 trough). To pull this off you must cheat a little - use "character_reset "Name_Surname"" (without the second quotes around the whole command) to get him to Nicaea in one turn and marry the Laskaris daughter to him(it is important to marry him BEFORE he becomes the faction leader, after he becomes the FL he cant be married by her for some reason), this will ensure that their sons and daughters get the "Of Greek blood" trait, which again is missing from Alexios for some reason.
    After that is done merge Theodoros with the Co-emperor(forgot name), it is important to do so becsuse the Co-emperor has some random surname which you cant check so it means you cant use character_reset on him. After that is done, you might transfer some ancillaries from them to Alexios(i dont think there are any unless you are playing submods like next heir ancillary, but it respawns, so you can even not bother with it).
    Then just suecide charge them into a large Turkish or crusader army and realize just how awesome the Byzantine bodyguard is , i killed 70% of the army thats next to Nicaea at the start of the game with only 1 bodyguard! You must kill the Doukas too to ensure a safe rule for the Komnenos, i suggest meeting up all 4 of them and attack the crusader rebel stack thats near Athens.

You can also do a take over with Doukas which is a bit easier because the older one is married already and the younger one was 29 - plenty of time to make children, just follow the same steps as with Komnenos(marry the younger one with the daughter as he also dosent have the "Of Greek blood" trait, i also suggest moving them to Nicaea and giving up on western greece.

If you just want a safe rule for Laskaris family with no family tree jumping, just dont marry the other families family members(you get offers for marrige for them strangely enough) You might also consider killing the oldest Doukas, as he is married and can have children IIRC because he is not 45 at the start of the game, if he is over 45 he is safe to keep

A general recruited from a citadel or fortress is just that: a general, he dosent belong to your family tree, but you can adopt him because "he has sown his skills on the field of battle", so it is the same as adopting, except you already have the guy on your strat map. I generally dont train generals at castles because i believe(not 100% confirmed) that they add to the number of family members your faction has, thus reducing the chances of your real and married FM's to have kids(might explain the reducing amount of marrige offers you get in late game, you just have too many generals).

Tiro

@Baltic Warrior
    An excellent explanation and nice links.+rep

However it might not be possible to do it in BGR,because the console is banned.
    And it's also a bit interesting because that player and I both ask this question at turn 27.

I hope it could be changed in SS7.0,but I wonder whether it's doable or not.

One thing i forgot to mention about the guy who is the heir at the start of the game, he is a random guy who is married to the starting FL's daughter, which explains the absence of "Of greek blood trait"

He's not a random guy. He's John Vatatzis, who was the Emperor of Nicaea during the 13th Century.

Hiya
    I hope someone can help me... i want to be able to upgrade weapons in the ewordsmiths guild and found a guide on page 6 on what to write... but i have no glue in what folder i will find the text document i need to add the text to... can someone plz help me ?

Thx in advance

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data -> export_descr_buildings.txt

You will be massively unbalancing your game.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by StupidAlarmClockGuy View Post
    He's not a random guy. He's John Vatatzis, who was the Emperor of Nicaea during the 13th Century.
    Poor Laskarids.

The rebel general in Constantinople has a trait"Heir Apparent".
    Good,then who is the Faction Leader?

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data -> export_descr_buildings.txt

You will be massively unbalancing your game.
    Thank You will try

Tiro

Well,I find myself creative these days.
    What's the use of piety(general) in SS6.4?Or is there any difference about it between pure 6.4 and BGR IV/V?

Using a 10-command-dread-authority emperor to charge Fatimids is just like piercing into a piece of paper.While toxatae could stand,fight and defeat arab cav.
    That makes me interested in piety.It seems that a 10-piety general/emperor doesn't increase the conversion rate or reduce the cost of religious buildings.
    Neither is there a large possibility to have Theologian's Guild.
    No relationship with priest agent as well.
    Hmm....

I think that pious generals are more likely to get traits related to chivalry, or at least it is easier for them to get them.

Tiro

@Baltic Warrior?
    Perhaps,but my generals seem to be fine with both a high dread and a high piety.

I guess it might be useless?

P.s:There're so many people asking WC&PTS!
    I find Sofia&Tunis the most important settlements,considering its awesome local units.
    Last edited by flyingcat; December 22, 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Hello,

i have a problem with byzantines units, im near 1200 and cant recruit heavy cavalery i only have scoutatoi, acritae, bowers and light cavalery however i have full upgraded citadel with 90% orthodox faith, is it a bug? may i have to wait again for recrute advanced units?

Generals with high Piety won't get killed by Inquisitors. Of course, non-Catholics aren't affected by Inquisitors anyway.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=351424

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Piety, weirdly enough, affects settlement income I think.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E