Page 11 of 104 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    So ask away, and let this be the official anthem of this thread: http://drzaius3.ytmnd.com/
    Alright, first question, did you do that page? What is it about, other than showing a ape from the film Planet of the Apes and playing this horrid song? hahahaha

Foederatus

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Accius View Post
    I'm playing 6.4 and can only seem to play Late Campaign? How do I play early? On earlier versions I was able to play both.
    Run SS_setup from your mods/SS 6.3 folder, and just click Late Campaign. You've got to run the setup program every time you want to switch campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisFY View Post
    horrid song
    Ban him.

Here's a question that's a matter of coding: what impact does having an assassin or spy in an army or settlement have in reducing assassination or spying chances of enemy agents? Does either agent affect both, i.e. does having a spy protect against enemy assassins as well as spies, and by how much?

I think it does, i remember that in one of my games Kiev kept about 2 spies and 1 assassin in their city, i had 10 - 15% chances to succeed even with skill 10 agents.

Does anyone here have the link for the pressdat site, i lost the bookmark when my laptop crashed and i had to get a new one. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddeeUpp View Post
    Does anyone here have the link for the pressdat site, i lost the bookmark when my laptop crashed and i had to get a new one. Thanks!
    The original thread is stickied in the RR/RC Compilation sub-forum here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=351424

Thank you much

I have a question regarding joining a jihad. Will my units desert if I don't constantly move towards the jihad objective? I know that units will do that on a crusade, so does a jihad work the same way? Also, are there special "jihad" mercenaries that can be recruited? First time playing with a muslim faction and don't want to lose units due to not moving towards the target.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Who do we ask for if we want to request permission to use certain units from Stainless Steel? If that is allowed of course.

You can recruit Ghazis and some other stuff while on jihad, and I'm 99% sure they will desert.

Probably gracul or Caesar Clivus, or King Kong.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Who do we ask for if we want to request permission to use certain units from Stainless Steel? If that is allowed of course.
    why would you want to do that? most of them are terrible looking. the ones that arent come from other mods

The Byzantine ones come from CBUR, the Novgorod, Rus and some other ones come from Rusichi. Others still may have been imported as well, but only the mod leaders will know for sure. There will be BC and Magyar Mod units added at some point.

ok i did not see a thread for this so here i go.How do i speed up the end turn wait i mean it takes a good 5 minutes for me to be able to play again.

Hello, I seem to not be able to view my saved battle replay...It's worth noting it is a campaign battle (I typed save_battle_replay 'name" in console, but also have a copy from the temp folder). Whenever I try loading it I get an error and a CTD...Any help would be appreciated

The game heavily scripted, removing the scripts would make the game less complete but faster, here is a mod that does just that.

Quote Originally Posted by bbe View Post
    Hello, I seem to not be able to view my saved battle replay...It's worth noting it is a campaign battle (I typed save_battle_replay 'name" in console, but also have a copy from the temp folder). Whenever I try loading it I get an error and a CTD...Any help would be appreciated
    This thread isn't for bug reports, post it in the bug reports subforum.

ok i will try it i just wish there was another way other than removing some of the epicness.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotian View Post
    ok i will try it i just wish there was another way other than removing some of the epicness.
    Well, TBH its not that bad, but missing your daughters coming of age can be quite bad, as they can be used to forge great alliances.

Just keep an eye out on the "Faction Developments" message. Princesses coming of age will usually get ancillaries, so when you see those ancillaries you'll know you've got a princess somewhere, which can be easily found by clicking on the Locate button. At least I think there's a Locate button. If not, you can find her through the family tree.