Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 5176919293949596979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2067

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Thanks for the reply.

For anyone interested. I've successfully changed the balista tower to be - in my opinion - more realistic. Turns out the tower wasn't lacking damage but something else entirely. Where normal balista's have piercing shots, balista towers do not. I've changed this in the descr_projectile.txt file that Lin117 pointed out by adding the body_piercing flag to the tower specs. This however made them very strong due to the high rate of fire towers have as opposed to regular balista's. To correct for this increase in power I've also increased the rate of fire for balista towers by 5000 ms. I may tweak these numbers more in the future, but for now they will do.

I'm of the opinion that a castle or city with ample defenses should only be conquerable by a considerably larger force. By making these changes assaulting walls has become a more dangerous enterprise and starving out should often be the better tactic. This also makes siege engines more relevant.

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Hello everyone, I got a question about the Pope. Or rather Papal states. - He is overly agrresive towards me always. And i dont mean how papal favor is earned and lost. Now i mean if i play as venice, and take a province early in the game. Like Ancona, then i can expect the pope to attack me, without warning, with good standing and all for no reason. To take Ancona from me. - Why is he that agrresive? It makes it near impossible for me to play an enjoyable game as any Italian Faction, as the pope is a war monger that just attacks you when he feels like. As any other faction does. It wouldnt be so bad if i could kill him for good, or if i didnt get Excommed the instant he attacks me, making me free picking for ALL other factions. As venice you have to worry about the Byzantines, the HRE, Genoa and sometimes Hungry. Really unenjoyable that you have to worry about that Damn pope ontop of that.

So my question is, how do i fix or change this? is he scripted to wanting to take Ancona, as i always in every single campaign see him holding the province.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Dilion View Post
    Hello everyone, I got a question about the Pope. Or rather Papal states. - He is overly agrresive towards me always. And i dont mean how papal favor is earned and lost. Now i mean if i play as venice, and take a province early in the game. Like Ancona, then i can expect the pope to attack me, without warning, with good standing and all for no reason. To take Ancona from me. - Why is he that agrresive? It makes it near impossible for me to play an enjoyable game as any Italian Faction, as the pope is a war monger that just attacks you when he feels like. As any other faction does. It wouldnt be so bad if i could kill him for good, or if i didnt get Excommed the instant he attacks me, making me free picking for ALL other factions. As venice you have to worry about the Byzantines, the HRE, Genoa and sometimes Hungry. Really unenjoyable that you have to worry about that Damn pope ontop of that.

So my question is, how do i fix or change this? is he scripted to wanting to take Ancona, as i always in every single campaign see him holding the province.
    Have a look here, might be help you.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Lately I've been having battles that start in the light (daytime) but soon after the battle commences it turns horribly dark, making it almost impossible to see anything that's going on. The worst part is that units don't carry torches like in true night battles, so fighting against a black bannered faction like the HRE becomes a real btch since they become practically invisible. Does anyone know what causes this or how to avoid/fix it?

Question about Junior Druzhina (Novgorod): I was doing some custom battles to test how certain units or certain combos of units perform and to learn how to better micro my units (i know the results would'nt really reflect all the ins and outs of a real-time battle, but just to have a tighter grasp of how they would perform). I was pitching Junior Druzhina against Mounted Sergeants in 1v1 and trying out different approaches with the druzhina; i tried to replicate the run-and-shoot-backwards maneouver and i noticed when the sergeants were close in the pursuit, directly in the rear of the heavy mounted archers, the druzhina did not use the parthian shot. The druzhina will only shoot to the left, right and front.. i always thought the parthian shot was a given for M2 ranged cavalry..or has this been changed in SS?

This should be on the first page.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Hello . I made a personal submod, that i haven't released with SS officers and standard bearers and i would like to ask who is the creator of models, textures, animations etc so i can ask him for his permission, so i can release it . Of course i will give him credits for his work . The submod is for the mod Total Vanilla Beyond . Thank you .
    Last edited by crazyroman; May 05, 2019 at 09:49 AM.

I was just wondering if someone knowledgeable could tell me how land bridges are created in SS.
    I know the standard way is a 1 pixel wide green line in map_features.tga but this doesn't appear to be the case for SS.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Tell me please who is the author of formations for this mod? They are the best I saw and there are sime techniques that I need to learn.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

what formations ?

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Seems that army tactical formations from RRRC submod was taken from main SS descr_formations_ai.txt Such as Horse_archers and Heavy_cavalry formations.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

I am Suppanut from Extended Cultures Mod for RTW. May I using some heavily modified content from Germanicu5's ReallyBadAI as part of formations files (along with Darth's Dark Formations RTW/M2TW and Sinuhet's RTW/M2TW battle system) in Extended Cultures Mod in Rome Total War?
    Last edited by Suppanut; May 14, 2019 at 07:04 AM.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

gotta ask those creators. not here.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Foederatus

Hi guys!

First off, long time Vanilla player, first time really sinking my teeth in Stainless Steel. I have a few question I thought I should pose here, as after watching a few Let's Plays, and perusing the forums I didn't find the answers I was hoping for.

1) The Stonemason, Logging Camp, do they to allow further development to cheaper construction or is it simply a way to provide a 5% boost to income, public order respectively.

2) Am I supposed to start super slow in the game, it just feels like I'm waiting like patience on a monument to get enough troops to able to take even a neighbouring rebel settlement. I'm talking like 15-20 turns into a new campaign. I ask, as without experience I'm not sure if this is normal, or am I to push and play riskier?

3) If you could provide three pieces of critical advice to a new player, what would they be? I'm curious to see what veterans have to say in regards to starting out in this massive overhaul campaign.

4) What's a good faction to start out as? Also, on a semi-related note: Rep. of Genoa, or Venice?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Diplomat View Post
    Hi guys!

First off, long time Vanilla player, first time really sinking my teeth in Stainless Steel. I have a few question I thought I should pose here, as after watching a few Let's Plays, and perusing the forums I didn't find the answers I was hoping for.

1) The Stonemason, Logging Camp, do they to allow further development to cheaper construction or is it simply a way to provide a 5% boost to income, public order respectively.

2) Am I supposed to start super slow in the game, it just feels like I'm waiting like patience on a monument to get enough troops to able to take even a neighbouring rebel settlement. I'm talking like 15-20 turns into a new campaign. I ask, as without experience I'm not sure if this is normal, or am I to push and play riskier?

3) If you could provide three pieces of critical advice to a new player, what would they be? I'm curious to see what veterans have to say in regards to starting out in this massive overhaul campaign.

4) What's a good faction to start out as? Also, on a semi-related note: Rep. of Genoa, or Venice?
    1) just 5%

2) No, recruit whatever is available and do what you can with what you got

3) cav is op, cav is op and lastly oh yeah cav is op

4) england is always the easiest, venice

it's an old mod at this point, look into Real Recruitment/Combat submod, it has the option to balance cavalry but i suggest you not use it and instead use the slower combat option since that one does a better job at rebalancing it, alternatively look into Titanium or SSHIP submods

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

For the SSHIP the (unsolicited) answers are 1) they do allow cheaper construction later and they're also pre-requirements for some other buildings; 2) depends on a faction, 3) SSHIP is different from the SS in many aspects, and cav is buffed down; 4) Poland - but don't mess with Prague and keep HRR in good mood paying systematic tribute, while expand to the east; be patient with Hungary as well - they may attack but it's in no-one long-term interest.
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 11, 2019 at 03:43 PM.

Hi, I got 2 questions on unit/building modding in:

1) How to make a unit recruitable only once (like some local generals in EBII) ?

2) I dismounted a unit initially succesfully but now it's sunk into the ground down to its hips and posture also resembles mounted units again - any help?

Thx in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by watao View Post
    Hi, I got 2 questions on unit/building modding in:

1) How to make a unit recruitable only once (like some local generals in EBII) ?

2) I dismounted a unit initially succesfully but now it's sunk into the ground down to its hips and posture also resembles mounted units again - any help?

Thx in advance!
    Ok never mind that 2nd question I just found out ^^

Quote Originally Posted by watao View Post
    havent played EBII so dunno exactly what are you trying to do but you can add "unique_unit" attribute to it in EDU iirc, it limits that unit to 1 per faction at any time

you may wanna look at this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-units-script

Thanks that link is an interesting read. I probably should have added more detail in what I want: basically recruit one unit once per building/settlement. In EBII some government buildings let you recruit a bodyguard unit after completion, which can't be repeated. That's what I'm looking for for ordinary units. I know there are ways, like some kind of loop chain system with guilds, but that'd be rather complicated. I'm looking for the most simple way, ideally just tweaking the recruitment pool in EDB. I could swear I had read somewhere that it's easily done by starting number 1 and maximum number 0, but my trial now failed. Guess the max 0 trumps the 1 at start unfortunately Of course I can't find the source again where it was explained - maybe just remember what I wished was there...
    A half-way solution would be to simply set the "recharge" points at 0, but the hook then is that the unit can never recover losses (which is kinda important for such a limited one).
    Maybe I should just ask over at EBII someone there must know it. Probably scripted.