Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 75 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
Results 1,981 to 1,984 of 1984

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Hi, just started playing SS over the weekend. Really good mod so far.

I have a few questions which lead me here.

Is there a manual?

How do I make generals/family members rich so they don't borrow money and end up getting banished because they can't pay it back, without using them to take a settlement?

Can I train generals at any point in the game or do I have to rely on marriages and "man of the hour"?

Can I use a banished general in a crusade to try and get him back on good terms with the king?

Any tips on managing the economy so the nobles don't end up bankrupting me, or I don't end up bankrupting the nobles and they end up rebelling, would be great.
    Thanks

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

1. kinda: http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Stainless_Steel

its outdated/unfinished. There is also guides in that sub forum (look up top) but dunno how great they are.

2. Thats a submod called byg's bgr trait. Look in that (bgr) submod thread for his manual. The bgr 2/4 depending on what you have ticked is in the back of his bgrV manual.

3. Defalut you have to rely. theres a 'trainable general' mod floating around, but be careful, if you train too many and have no family members (aka on family tree) and the last one dies you lose.

4. Again read the bgr manual or turn it off in ss_setup.exe. Pre-banished no, you can either sit him in with your faction leaders army (and he can recover funds that way) or you can just let him go rebel. If he is just broke and goes on crusade he won't get banished/punished cause of the crusade, so useful if you have a poor general or two.

5. Early on focus on markets and ports and roads. But if you don't have bgr on you will have an easy time with economy/money in default ss6.4. there are more tips in the manual and submod thread for bgr if you want to keep using it. Big no no is mercs, they are expensive per turn in bgr.
    LoSTHieF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Guaranteed Working Install Guide for SS6.4 (and thus for SS6.3) with Pictures on Windows 7 and Vista operating systems.
    available here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10831841

Icon14 Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Cheers bro.

Ok, sorry for posting twice in a row but I don't see an edit function.

I've changed the timescale to 0.25 (4 turns a year) but characters are still ageing at 1 year per turn.
    How do I change it so it matches the timescale?
    (I realise this will quadruple the length of the game)

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 75 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100