Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarven Berserker View Post
    Nope. The amount of "Crosses" you have, is actually just a representation of your relations with the papal states. If your relations with the papal stated are perfect, you have 10 crosses automatically. (except when you are excommunicated). In order to increase your reltions with a faction one lever, I find a gift of 1500 florins works 95% of the time. (for example, make sure you gift 5 gifts of 1500. Not one gift of 8500. It won't give you as much reputation)
    Yes, I realize that crosses are a representation of relations, and yes, you do get 1 cross for 5000 florins.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger 0033_P_Give_Money
    WhenToTest GiveMoney

Condition TargetFactionType papal_states
    and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction papal_states < AtWar

FactionStanding factions { papal_states } amount 50 0.002

As you can see, you get 0.002 relations for every 50 florins you give. Since relations is on a scale from -1 to 1, and there are 10 crosses, 1 cross is equal to 0.2 relations. If 50 florins gives 0.002 relations, then 5000 florins gives 0.2 relations, which is 1 cross.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaMaedra View Post
    Uhm, but i've got a new problem already :

Every time I end the ~ 51 turn, I get a message "Medieval 2 total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" and the game crashes back to the deskop. As I never had this kind of error before, I'm not sure whether it's a problem with SS or the original game ...
    Anyway, is there an easy way to fix this or do I have to uninstall/install the whole game again?
    Ah, and I bought the game over Steam if that's important ...
    *push* Noone? *wants to finally kick the English out of England*

Error-Log:
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-...m.log.txt.html
    Dxdiag:
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-...xDiag.txt.html

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

@PapaRosario: Well, that's strange... I usually get a lot more relations for a lot less money. Like I said, I usually gift them 1500, which 95% of the time give me a relations increase.
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarven Berserker View Post
    @PapaRosario: Well, that's strange... I usually get a lot more relations for a lot less money. Like I said, I usually gift them 1500, which 95% of the time give me a relations increase.
    Think about it this way - let's say that, for example, you're at 7 crosses and trying to get to 8. The actual range of relations that 7 crosses can be is 0.2 wide. So maybe you're at the bottom of that range and you need 0.2 relations (or 5000 florins) to get up to 8 crosses. Or maybe you're at the top of the 7 crosses range, and you only need 0.01 relations (or 250 florins) to get to 8 crosses.

One full cross is equal to 5000 florins. But increasing Papal standing by one cross will pretty much always be less than 5000 florins since you will usually not be all the way at the bottom of the range of whatever cross you are currently at.

What effects differences are there at campaign map medium, hard and very hard?

Quote Originally Posted by ForVictory View Post
    What effects differences are there at campaign map medium, hard and very hard?
    Decreasing relations over time with all factions, especially those that arent your religion, quite a blow to orthrodox factions, harder to make deals with other factions(i think), more money/armies given via scripts to AI if it is loosing, another think i have a "feel" idea for is harder to sucseed with assasins/merchants and other agents when sent to take care of something.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Error-Log:
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-...m.log.txt.html
    Dxdiag:
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-...xDiag.txt.html
    dude just copy and paste your error log on here. I dont want to download your log to my phone just to see what it says.

Gentlemen,

I have changed the tpy to 4 and ageing to every 4 turns. My question is whether the probabilities of gaining traits have also changed or not? I have noticed the conversion rates have fallen with 4 tpy. Does the same apply for the trait probabilities?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    dude just copy and paste your error log on here. I dont want to download your log to my phone just to see what it says.
    Yeah, sorry about that - tried that first, but the log apparently was too long and made my browser stop working -.- I tried splitting it into smaller pieces, but the forum refuses to accept these (all I get is a white page after clicking 'submit reply').

Unless your PC is from stone age or you have everything running at the same time it shouldnt crash when copy/pasting, what are your specs?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    This thread is not for bug reports.

I don't know why conversion rates would change. I don't know of any way that the time scale would affect them or trait probabilities.

Many questions can be easily answered through a rocketscientific process known as "searching". It was developed by NASA to find pictures of naked women.

Step 1: Open your browser, type in www.startpage.com and press Enter.
    Step 2: Type in change years per turn medieval 2 and press Enter.
    Step 3: ?????
    Step 4: Profit!!

And repeat.

www.startpage.com
    turn off cutscenes medieval 2
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...me-Fixes/page2

Hard?

Made a thread in the sub-mod forum, though if it's the wrong place, I'll ask here:

What files are related to Papal favor and Catholic factions? Like...if I wanted to make warring with Catholics much less offensive to the Pope, where would I go to do that?

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRosario View Post
    Think about it this way - let's say that, for example, you're at 7 crosses and trying to get to 8. The actual range of relations that 7 crosses can be is 0.2 wide. So maybe you're at the bottom of that range and you need 0.2 relations (or 5000 florins) to get up to 8 crosses. Or maybe you're at the top of the 7 crosses range, and you only need 0.01 relations (or 250 florins) to get to 8 crosses.

One full cross is equal to 5000 florins. But increasing Papal standing by one cross will pretty much always be less than 5000 florins since you will usually not be all the way at the bottom of the range of whatever cross you are currently at.
    I know what you mean, and it all makes sense technically. But that I mean is this:
    In one and the same turn, I send one diplomat to speak with the pope. I say:
    Gift 1500 --> Relations go from poor to reasonable. Then, I gift 1500 again, and relations go from reasonable to amiable. Gift 1500 again, and it will raise to good.

Technically, that shouldn't work. But it does. Try it yourself. I've tried the same multiple times using less money, but it didn't work as well. 1500 seems to be the "magic number"
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

This is true. You can donate only a few thousand in 1000 increments and you'll reach Outstanding from Average, or whatever it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I don't know why conversion rates would change. I don't know of any way that the time scale would affect them or trait probabilities.

Many questions can be easily answered through a rocketscientific process known as "searching". It was developed by NASA to find pictures of naked women.

Step 1: Open your browser, type in www.startpage.com and press Enter.
    Step 2: Type in change years per turn medieval 2 and press Enter.
    Step 3: ?????
    Step 4: Profit!!

And repeat.

www.startpage.com
    turn off cutscenes medieval 2
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...me-Fixes/page2

Hard?
    I was wondering if time scale has any effects on these parameters. It was just a question that came to my mind. I did not think it as a bug.

Anyhow, if you didn't know then you need not answered it.

Hard?

Paparosario, thanks for the timescale and ageing changing tutorial you give in another thread, that helped me a lot understanding the procedures.

Sincerely,

l
    Which faction's turn is it when this happens? Could be some programmed event is causing this. Had it happen to me in my campaign, after Teutonic Order emerged (early era). Had to cheat and kill off most of TO troops to continue the campaign.

Also, can anyone tell me for how long do the Mongols get reinforcements after emerging in the early campaign? Or do they just ignore Real Recruitement?

Quote Originally Posted by prefking View Post
    Also, can anyone tell me for how long do the Mongols get reinforcements after emerging in the early campaign? Or do they just ignore Real Recruitement?
    I think for as long as the Timurids don't show up. Afterwards Mongols seem to become a normal faction. At least it looks so judging from their productivity statistic.

I wasn't guessing randomly. From what I know of the files, nothing should change. No, it's not hard for me, since I'm answering questions instead of asking them.

Playing as Novgor, where are my Boyar sons with there javelins?
    I did actually see Lithuania have them!