Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51 76 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
Results 2,001 to 2,004 of 2004

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Thanks for the reply.

For anyone interested. I've successfully changed the balista tower to be - in my opinion - more realistic. Turns out the tower wasn't lacking damage but something else entirely. Where normal balista's have piercing shots, balista towers do not. I've changed this in the descr_projectile.txt file that Lin117 pointed out by adding the body_piercing flag to the tower specs. This however made them very strong due to the high rate of fire towers have as opposed to regular balista's. To correct for this increase in power I've also increased the rate of fire for balista towers by 5000 ms. I may tweak these numbers more in the future, but for now they will do.

I'm of the opinion that a castle or city with ample defenses should only be conquerable by a considerably larger force. By making these changes assaulting walls has become a more dangerous enterprise and starving out should often be the better tactic. This also makes siege engines more relevant.

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Hello everyone, I got a question about the Pope. Or rather Papal states. - He is overly agrresive towards me always. And i dont mean how papal favor is earned and lost. Now i mean if i play as venice, and take a province early in the game. Like Ancona, then i can expect the pope to attack me, without warning, with good standing and all for no reason. To take Ancona from me. - Why is he that agrresive? It makes it near impossible for me to play an enjoyable game as any Italian Faction, as the pope is a war monger that just attacks you when he feels like. As any other faction does. It wouldnt be so bad if i could kill him for good, or if i didnt get Excommed the instant he attacks me, making me free picking for ALL other factions. As venice you have to worry about the Byzantines, the HRE, Genoa and sometimes Hungry. Really unenjoyable that you have to worry about that Damn pope ontop of that.

So my question is, how do i fix or change this? is he scripted to wanting to take Ancona, as i always in every single campaign see him holding the province.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilion View Post
    Hello everyone, I got a question about the Pope. Or rather Papal states. - He is overly agrresive towards me always. And i dont mean how papal favor is earned and lost. Now i mean if i play as venice, and take a province early in the game. Like Ancona, then i can expect the pope to attack me, without warning, with good standing and all for no reason. To take Ancona from me. - Why is he that agrresive? It makes it near impossible for me to play an enjoyable game as any Italian Faction, as the pope is a war monger that just attacks you when he feels like. As any other faction does. It wouldnt be so bad if i could kill him for good, or if i didnt get Excommed the instant he attacks me, making me free picking for ALL other factions. As venice you have to worry about the Byzantines, the HRE, Genoa and sometimes Hungry. Really unenjoyable that you have to worry about that Damn pope ontop of that.

So my question is, how do i fix or change this? is he scripted to wanting to take Ancona, as i always in every single campaign see him holding the province.
    Have a look here, might be help you.
    For those who want to play a historical mod in a medieval setting:
    try either the Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project + minimods,
    or the Broken Crescent + Buff and Shine submod.
    ..........................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods: SSHIP (2018), Wrath of the Norsemen (2018), Broken Crescent (2018).
    Minimods for the SSHIP: Generals Traits, Provincial Titles, Crowns.
    Short guides for the SSHIP: population growth, forts and watchtowers.
    Pros and cons of having Merchants in an M2TW mod.
    Home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Dominant strategy in Attila TW and Rome 2 TW: “Sniping groups of armies”.

Lately I've been having battles that start in the light (daytime) but soon after the battle commences it turns horribly dark, making it almost impossible to see anything that's going on. The worst part is that units don't carry torches like in true night battles, so fighting against a black bannered faction like the HRE becomes a real btch since they become practically invisible. Does anyone know what causes this or how to avoid/fix it?

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51 76 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101