Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here

I once posted all the requirements for optimising a nobles chance of being selected for the war council. Probably somewhere in the bgr thread.

Also note that if a noble repeatedly breaks the law and is summoned or banished or if he dishonored by allowing himself to be besieged too often and not fighting field battles then his war council appointment will not be authorised, regardless of whether you give him the ancillary.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

How do I make the Templar and Hospitalliers easier to recruit by the christian factions besides the crusader states? ~10 campaigns and I haven't gotten them even once, where in vanilla I was getting them every game, sometimes without going on a crusade!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonchampion View Post
    How do I make the Templar and Hospitalliers easier to recruit by the christian factions besides the crusader states? ~10 campaigns and I haven't gotten them even once, where in vanilla I was getting them every game, sometimes without going on a crusade!
    They require hidden resources to be built in SS, which are only in certain regions. You can check the descr_regions file to see what regions they can be built in.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRosario View Post
    They require hidden resources to be built in SS, which are only in certain regions. You can check the descr_regions file to see what regions they can be built in.
    More specifically this, which is also listed in the release thread...:

List of Settlements where chapter houses can be built
    Chapter Houses in v6.4

Teutonic
    Templars
    Hospitallers
    Santiago
    Montesa
    Thorn Edessa Edessa Leon Pamplona
    Stettin Antioch Antioch Oporto Zaragoza
    HamburgAleppoAleppoSalamancaValencia
    Magdeburg Damascus Damascus - -
    Palanga Acre Acre - -
    - Tortosa Tortosa - -
    - Jerusalem Jerusalem - -
    - Clermont Iraklion - -
    -ToulouseRhodes - -

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

So I installed SS 6.3 and 6.4 and I'm getting horrible performance on the strategy map (haven't tested out the battles so far). Something ~ 5-10 fps whenever a character moves, I select a city or the AI takes its turn, even on the lowest settings. M2 vanilla and kingdoms run perfectly fine on the highest settings.

Is there anything i can do to fix this?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    So I installed SS 6.3 and 6.4 and I'm getting horrible performance on the strategy map (haven't tested out the battles so far). Something ~ 5-10 fps whenever a character moves, I select a city or the AI takes its turn, even on the lowest settings. M2 vanilla and kingdoms run perfectly fine on the highest settings.

Is there anything i can do to fix this?
    turn campaign shadows off in video options

Hey,

is it possible to change the characters rate of ageing? Right now, they age one year every turn - and that's just to fast. So i'd love to change that to about one year every four turns or something, but I'm not sure what I have to change for that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    turn campaign shadows off in video options
    It is off. I'm running on low (1024x768, biliniar filtering, no aa, grass, effects, etc set to low) and it still starts to lag after 2-3 turns.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; November 15, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by MiaMaedra View Post
    Hey,

is it possible to change the characters rate of ageing? Right now, they age one year every turn - and that's just to fast. So i'd love to change that to about one year every four turns or something, but I'm not sure what I have to change for that ...
    Go to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt and find the part of the file titled "Ageing Script". Delete that whole section and replace it with this.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    declare_counter quarter
    set_counter quarter 1 ;set to January

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal ; set the season for each quarter
    if I_CompareCounter quarter == 1 ;Jan, Feb, March
    console_command season winter
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter quarter == 2 ;April, May, June
    console_command season summer
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter quarter == 3 ;July, Aug, Sept
    end_if

if I_CompareCounter quarter == 4 ;Oct, Nov, Dec
    console_command season winter
    end_if

inc_counter quarter 1 ;advance the quarter
    if I_CompareCounter quarter == 5 ;start a new year
    set_counter quarter 1
    end_if
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave
    and I_CompareCounter quarter > 1
    end_monitor

Then go into descr_strat.txt, which is in the same folder, and find the timescale. The value should be set to 1. Change it to 0.25.

It is off. I'm running on low (1024x768, biliniar filtering, no aa, grass, effects, etc set to low) and it still starts to lag after 2-3 turns.
    if you dont have anything running in the back ground of windows and you have all the settings on low. you might have to upgrade your comp.

ss has a much bigger map with a lot more sruff going on then original kingdoms

That is on my "to do list", as soon as my financial situation will allow it. Thanks anyway.

Anthropoid's Avatar Tiro
    In the nether regions of the Puritan hinterlands

I think I might have to try what you are suggesting to improve performance too Papa; but some other night. Too tired . . .

What are some 'good' specs to play this mod with everything jacked up to max settings, all scripts running etc?

Just when I think I have a pretty reasonable rig, a year passes and I'm left behind in the Stone Age again LOL

That is on my "to do list", as soon as my financial situation will allow it. Thanks anyway.
    dont feel bad I have to run everything on extra low graphics cause my comp took a on me

anyone can tell me in which patch or mod of stainles steel can i play with georgian kingdom ?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

There is a sub mod for 6.4 called HURB and believe SSMAP as well as Georgia, Early Era only, check out sub mods

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

SS mode with BGR is AWESOME : )) i LOVE it

can someone give me the trait name for of norwegian blood?

Out of curiosity, is the Musketeers/Arquebusiers reload animation new or is it a setting in the base game/kingdoms?

Question: What with the game being 1tpy, which I do not want to change, I find the movement range to be incredibly unrealistic. It would not take my three ships four years to reach southern Spain from London, so I decided to try and increase movement range. I edited the descr_character file, making the 'admiral' section 200 as well as the default movement points 200. Nothing changed (I don't know if this is savegame compatible).

I found out the whole character reset thing, and used that, and the code was accepted (character_reset "Admiral John"). But still, no extra movement points were given. It's almost as if the command was ignored. I have an army on the boats so i successfully reset the character on the boats, yet still I cannot move the ships further.

What am I doing wrong? Isn't character reset supposed to reset your movement points?

Oda, A Rise from the Ashes of Obscurity (S2).

O dont think its possible to do a character_reset on a navy which has units in it, i have tried in the past, did the same as you, still didint work.