Thread: European Wars IV - Roll to Dodge [Finished]

the mysterious F's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: European Wars IV - Roll to Dodge

just 4 more regions, keep on attacking the rebels in the peninsula

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

May I join? I've seen a lot of these threads but never joined, first time so lets see what happens.

To make your faction simply fill this:

Name: France
    Government: Empire
    Language: French
    Currency: Francs
    Capital: Paris
    National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlvgcQ2Y8M0Leader:
    Religion: Catholic
    Color: (1,3,4)

Map of First French Empire

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here's my quick description:

The First French Empire[1][2] (French: Empire Français), also known as the Greater French Empire or Napoleonic Empire, was the empire of Napoleon I of France. It was the dominant power of much of continental Europe at the beginning of the 19th century.

What turn are we in?
    Last edited by L-Burna; February 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Double post

Have you filled in which region you are taking?

Indefinitely Banned

Read the OP and check the previous page, it's turn 99.

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    May I join? I've seen a lot of these threads but never joined, first time so lets see what happens.
    I advise you to join Asian Wars. This game (European Wars IV that is) has a new rule (one that I find absolutely un-Coliseum-like) that forbids players with your amount of posts to play.
    Last edited by Ciloron; February 17, 2013 at 01:09 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Since he's here from 2010, it's impossible that he's an alt.

And that rule was only put in effect because alts and other people (Not even being on TWC) were invited to get advantage on other players, which is unfair.

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    As Ciloron said, you should join Asian Wars. It is on turn 12 and you could create a French colonial faction in Southeast Asia if you want. Everyone is welcome in AWs. In this game (European Wars IV) the Holy Kingdom of Francia pretty much dominates France and you'll have a hard time playing. Cheers! WC
    Last edited by Lord of Cats; February 26, 2013 at 04:50 PM.

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    Since he's here from 2010, it's impossible that he's an alt.

And that rule was only put in effect because alts and other people (Not even being on TWC) were invited to get advantage on other players, which is unfair.
    Alts can be dealt with by admins and moderators, it is their duty to worry about them. Inviting people will make no difference at all, since it is still a game of chance. The more players the merrier, I'd say, and in previous games, other guys being invited only caused more action and fun ingame.

The Coliseum is not elitist place, that is why I find the rule to be not fitting to a Coliseum game.

Or African wars. We need more colonists! :d

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I am just waiting for mic1402's reaction.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ciloron View Post
    Alts can be dealt with by admins and moderators, it is their duty to worry about them. Inviting people will make no difference at all, since it is still a game of chance. The more players the merrier, I'd say, and in previous games, other guys being invited only caused more action and fun ingame.

The Coliseum is not elitist place, that is why I find the rule to be not fitting to a Coliseum game.
    I only know 1 person who was invited in the previous games who wasn't on TWC. Rest were invited from TWC. But lets not start discussing specific people as it isn't allowed. It's not fair when like 3 people are invited just when the faction has to face the enemy so the faction can defeat it, I consider it unfair (Along with many other players), so it wont work in my game. And you were able to make your own game anyways, with your own rules, for which I'm happy for. This game is running completely fine, and all players can agree. Actually it's the only game to run till the end so far.

A minor question Twilight: Had I completed moving the capital from Viterbo to Rome? I forgot all about it. If I am right, it is completed somewhere like 9/10...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    A minor question Twilight: Had I completed moving the capital from Viterbo to Rome? I forgot all about it. If I am right, it is completed somewhere like 9/10...
    You actually finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    You actually finished it.
    Alright, thanks.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    Have you filled in which region you are taking?
    Nope. I don't know what map and where you can fill it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciloron View Post
    I advise you to join Asian Wars. This game (European Wars IV that is) has a new rule (one that I find absolutely un-Coliseum-like) that forbids players with your amount of posts to play.
    I only joined in 2010 and forget about this account until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Cat View Post
    As Ciloron siad, I would join Asian Wars. It is on turn 12 and you could create a French colonial faction in Southeast Asia if you want. Everyone is welcome in AWs. In this game (European Wars IV) the Holy Kingdom of Francia pretty much dominates France and you'll have a hard time playing. Cheers! WC
    Right, so do I have to change my faction? I'm not so keen on making colonial factions as those are minor. I'll join this Asian games but I don't think I'll get the full jilt of it sometime later.

Nah, I'll leave this one, it seems too deep for me to join. I'm going to Asian Wars which seems more fun. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Last edited by L-Burna; February 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Double posts

Rhinelander's Avatar Domesticus

Hm I'll try it again.

Indefinitely Banned

TURN 100:

Quote Originally Posted by The Kybrothilian View Post
    Attack the region between Pskov and Novgorod. Also attack the Staraja Ladoga. Use a spy on the first region.
    [2] Spy gets killed while trying to get information from the enemy.

[4] But despite that, victory is gained and the territory falls, but with high unit cost.

[3] While victory can't be achieved near Ladoga, but the battle ends in a draw at least.

Average point [4]

Quote Originally Posted by Everto View Post
    I attack again... With a spy
    [3] Spy fails to get any information, but manages to escape alive (+1 if you spy the region in the next time again)

[1+1] [2] Defeat is suffered here now too and Ukrainians are able to hold!

again
    [6-1] [5] Landing now succeeds and Scottish islands falls (You are able to do 2 moves this turn)

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Cat View Post
    A small-size warfleet is used once again to attack a region along the coast of the Levant. Princess Molpadia ("Death Song") will lead this campaign and bring glory to Amazonia. A spy is sent to gather information in the region being attacked.

[6+1] [7] Spy is very successful and gathers a lot information about the region (You are able to use 3 spies in the next turn)

[5+1] [6] Landing is great success and Latakia easily falls (You are able to do 2 moves with bonus point)

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    More reinforcements from Alexandria arrive to help subjugate the tribes of Cyprus. Again the troops try to land in the southern part of the island.

OOC: The same region again!
    [3-1] [2] Landing fails again and defeat is suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by the mysterious F View Post
    just 4 more regions, keep on attacking the rebels in the peninsula
    [5] Attack is successful against Aragon and their forces are defeated (You are able to do 2 moves this turn)

Quote Originally Posted by Schwertbruder View Post
    Hm I'll try it again.
    [5+1] [6] Attack finally succeeds and Baden's forces finally are crushed (You are able to do 2 moves with bonus point)

Major announcement

Rumors have spread across Europe about a mysterious new land found in the west, which is full of
    riches. Some have already sailed there, hence the rumors, but only few have returned from
    it. But could they just be made up stories and none of them have actually been further than Madeira,
    tellinf made-up tales to just raise their reputation? But still that has left many major nations in
    Europe interested about this new land of which they could take over trade routes. Some just believe
    that it's another way to India. But to the Imperial Alliance this new place is a perfect opportunity
    to not be left depended on the trade routes through the Middle East, which Amazonia and Sogdiane
    currently control. Not only that, but Sogdiana and Amazons could even take over this new route for
    themselves too and gain monopoly over it! Or even a new realm could rise in this land and become a
    new major power! But all rests on who is able to reach the place 1st. Or maybe will return empty
    handed perhaps? Because there have yet to be any proofs for the land found in the west.

Colonial Rules

Ships

Only [6] Large ships or bigger are able to sail and discover America. But you are able to upgrade your current ships to better ones from on, which will cost a turn. The upgrading can only be done once to one ship if it succeeds, but if it fails then you are able to try again. Only [5] medium ships and lower ships can be upgraded. I will roll and see how well the upgrading goes.
    [1] Upgrading totally fails (Chance to get -1 for your ship)
    [2] Upgrading doesn't bring good results at all (-1 for the next turn you try to upgrade a ship)
    [3] Upgrading fails
    [4] Upgrading is almost finished (+1 if you try upgrading your ship again)
    [5] Upgrading succeeds (Your ship advances by 1 level)
    [6] Upgrading succeeds (Your ship advances by 1 level, +1 roll if you try to upgrade another ship)
    [7] Upgrading succeeds (Your ship advances by 2 levels)
    [8] Upgrading succeeds (Your ship advances by 2 levels, +1 roll if you try to upgrade another ship)

Sailing

To discover the newly included sea areas, you sail with a fleet there. If roll for it is [6] or higher you will discover another nearby sea zone.
    When your fleet will finally reach land, I will do a separate roll which doesn't add up to your average point. With that roll you will discover as much land which the sea borders as high is your roll. Even with [1] you will discover 1 region, but with [6] you will discover 6 regions.

Colonization

And then on the discovered land you will be able to set up a colony. Works like with conquering regions. You just need a fleet nearby to get at least 1 colony there, from then you can expand from that one colony further. And then when you set up a colony, will be another round for roll, which doesn't add up to average point. From [1] to [3] you fail to discover any land, but from [4] to [6] you succeed in discovering new land by setting up your colony successfully. When it succeeds, I will roll how much land you discover again. You can't fail here too, because with [1] you would still discover 1 land region.

Explorers

Yes, a new agent is included! You are able to use it separately from spies and assassins/saboteurs, but only powers who have at least 1 successfully set up colony can use it. How to send it? Simply mark a red dot in your map to the black place where you want to send him, but behave if he's sent to unlockable land, then he automatically dies. I will roll and see how good your explorer is.
    [1] Explorer is captured by natives and is forced to reveal the colonial plans (-1 for the next time you try to use an explorer)
    [2] Explorer is killed by natives.
    [3] Explorer doesn't discover anything, but is able to get away (+1 if you try to send him to the same place again)
    [4] Explorer succeeds and discovers one region!
    [5] Explorer succeeds and discovers 2 regions!
    [6] Explorer succeeds and discovers 2 regions (+1 for using him in the next time)
    [7] Explorer succeeds and discovers 3 regions!
    [8] Explorer succeeds and discovers 3 regions (+1 for using him in the next time)

Trade posts

Trade posts work like an important city and one can be built if you have at least 3 colonies connected to each other (Can be separate if they islands). And only one of it can be built, but bring good bonuses. I will roll and see how the building goes and what you get in the end.
    [1]
    [2]
    [3]
    [4]
    [5]
    [6]

(This will need a little bit more work.)

Achievements and some rules

The 1st player to make a successful colony receives reputation from all players!
    Players aren't allowed to make a new faction in the colonial lands until at least 20 regions are discovered of it.
    This will come really handy for future games!

Map:

Regions:
    The Commonwealth - 84
    Kalivonia - 84
    Amazons - 75
    The Britannic Empire - 71
    The Mysterious Lands - 63
    Sogdiana - 50
    Vale - 50
    Rome - 43
    Francia - 27
    Daemonoria - 22
    Switzerland - 11
    Austria - 10
    Somalia - 2
    Last edited by L-Burna; February 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: ''Achievements and some rules'' changed

Indefinitely Banned

Move our large ship in the central mediterranean to west.

Is there a list of where my ships are?

Indefinitely Banned

Is there a list of where my ships are?
    1 in western med sea and 1 in Irish sea. Both are [6] Large ships.