Page 101 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5176919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111126 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3012

Thread: European Wars IV - Roll to Dodge [Finished]

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: European Wars IV - Roll to Dodge

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    Thrór, if a GM says ''no'' then it means that you don't have any holdings there. Please continue playing and lets stop this discussion.

@ Ciloron:
    Yes, he can revolt, but basically it really doesn't exist until it gains independence from rebellion. They are rebels and not a faction anymore, unless they declare independence.
    It doesn't matter if he claims to hold land in the New world, as long as he doesn't claim it counts towards the victory requirements.

I'm sorry but if player creativity is going to be hindered on the grounds of it being "unrealistic" then that is folly.

1) Lief Ericsson discovered America in 900 AD.
    2) this is not very long before Columbus discovers America.
    3) your reasoning is unrealistic. Tell me, is a Roman Empire that dominates Italy, an Amazonian Empire, a "Mysterious Kingdom" and notable kingdoms that take drugs, kingdoms are based on sweets that don't exist yet, are realistic?
    4) Im a GM of an RPG. I let my players opinions be heard.

@Kybro: of course not, that's cheating. It's purely RP.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I try to raise a revolt.

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Your are fighting a war of extermination? Who are the barbarians here? Venice moves to intercept the Vale's fleet!

......By Belials triple-horned head. AGAIN!

the mysterious F's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Thrór View Post
    I'm sorry but if player creativity is going to be hindered on the grounds of it being "unrealistic" then that is folly.

1) Lief Ericsson discovered America in 900 AD.
    2) this is not very long before Columbus discovers America.
    3) your reasoning is unrealistic. Tell me, is a Roman Empire that dominates Italy, an Amazonian Empire, a "Mysterious Kingdom" and notable kingdoms that take drugs, kingdoms are based on sweets that don't exist yet, are realistic?
    4) Im a GM of an RPG. I let my players opinions be heard.

@Kybro: of course not, that's cheating. It's purely RP.
    The mysterious kingdom acquired, in a mysterious way, from some mysterious merchants, some plants that (we were told by the mysterious merchants) are called tobacco. The plant adapted well in southern Spain, and we are willing to open a trade route to Britannia, where we send tobacco and receive some fine goods in return.

I accept. May we flourish. To Britain and the Mysterious lands!

May you enjoy your Tabacco on the deaths of innocent Sicilians and Venetians.

I will.

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

"Of course he will. He is a barbaroi, my Venetian friends." Queen Penthesilea states. "You can't expect anymore from them. And as for this mysterious plant called 'tobacco'... we despise it and deem it blasphemous! It stains, sickens, and destroys beauty/youthfulness, which is a heinous crime according to our Sacred Scrolls which decree: 'always strive to become more beautiful and remain beautiful'. Tobacco is banned in the Queendom!"

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle
    [6+1] [7] The attack finally succeeds and ends in a crushing victory for the Amazons! (You are able to do 3 moves this turn)
    Celebrations and parties are held throughout Amazonia for thirty days and nights to commemorate Princess Alkippe's victory over the valiant Turks in the south-east! The princess splits her forces to conquer more lands from the, now hopefully, broken Turks. The goddesses, Athena and Nike, were with the warrior women this day. Let all Amazons hope and pray that they, and the mother goddess, Kybele, continue to watch over them.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Meanwhile, in the shipwrights of Antalya a mighty warship (or fleet or whatever) is to be constructed. Sacrifices and prayers are offered up to Athena, Goddess of Crafts/Engineering, and to Amphitrite, Goddess of the Seas, so that they may bless this work.

OOC: I hate tobacco and don't like being around people who use it. My three moves are: attack two regions in the south-east and build a warship/fleet in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea zone. My war in the east is now kind of boring since the player isn't fighting back. Oh well. If I get good rolls, it will be an easy victory. WC

OOC: these aren't cigarettes, with all the crap in there. It's like what the native chiefs use; big pipes that have tobacco leaves and some herbs in there

ErgoSumm's Avatar Miles

Plague!
    For 16 years plague has ravaged the land of Ducmania. The old, the young and the weak have been struck down by this mightiest of foes, and, most shocking of all, even the mighty King Karl has been taken to his grave by this curse of the land.
    Despite this mighty blow to the state, the future of Ducmania is not lost, with Prince Stephan being crowned King, and great advances in sanitary practices finally managing to limit the disease.
    Now Ducmania is fit to continue it's expansion Stephan leads his ordered the capture of a strategic eastern outpost.

Attachment 261041
    P.S. I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ErgoSumm; February 09, 2013 at 02:50 AM.
    Up there, above that line, is pure, unadulterated idiocy.

"May My Faulty Logic Undermine Your Entire Philosophy!"

mic1402's Avatar Senator

I attack the ducs captial and regions close to it.
    Born in Australia, Living in New Zealand.
    "Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."
    "If there is no justice for the people, let there be no peace for the government."
    "The earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those who are killing have names and addresses."

Enarec's Avatar Senator

Tabriz has fallen, as will the rest of Iranian Azerbaijan soon. Manizheh, growing ever more confident and experienced, leads her soldiers to besiege the city of Ardabil.

Indefinitely Banned

TURN 66:

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    You didn't edit Sicily on the map.

Edit: i have been ninja'd.

The Vale's fleet attacks any of Venice's holdings.
    [5] Naval attack against Corfu succeeds and it falls!

(Vale's average point [3] in the naval battle which was won)

Average point [4]

Quote Originally Posted by Thrór View Post
    Continue attacking Africa.
    [4] The attack succeeds and Tunisians are defeated, but high casualties are taken in desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciloron View Post
    again
    [1] Attack totally fails now and very high casualties are taken and even Syrians are counterattacking!

[3] The counterattack ends in a draw due to bad terrain. (-1 in the next turn)

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    LEGIO XIII VENETIA is awarded a star, and ordered to march on the territory north of the city of Venetia. Once there, they are told to march on Venetia itself, which will bring law and order to the rebellious knaves that have seized the control there.

Rome rejoices at the news that Sicilian Normans are broken. A Silver Chariot is sent to the Vale and Britannia, and all the other friends of Rome, as a gift. People are happy to know that their allies are in control of the lands claimed by Rome, and not the enemy.

OOC: I attack the territory north of the Venetian capital. For the second move, I attack the capital itself (now under rebels).
    [3+1] [4] Treviso falls again and Venetians are pushed back.

[3+1] [4] Attack against Venice itself succeeds too and it falls, but with lots of loses.

Average point [4]

Quote Originally Posted by The Kybrothilian View Post
    Our 2 biggest ships will be sent together to move towards the Mediterranean.
    [6] Ship very successfully reaches the northern sea.

[2] While the second ship has some technical problems and will have to stay for some time in the port until it's fixed.

Average point [4]

Quote Originally Posted by Everto View Post
    The Commonwealth Moves to Unify it's Ukrainian Holdings... NAPRZOD BRACIA!!

[3+1] [4] Attack to take Bukovina succeeds and Moldavians end up defeated.

[3+1] [4] While the attack to take the remaining parts of Bessarabia succeeds and Moldavian are defeated again, both battles costed high casualties though.

Average point [4]

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the cat View Post
    I try to raise a revolt.
    [6] The revolt is great success and Palermo is regained and Sicilia rises again! (You are able to do 2 moves with bonus point)

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    Your are fighting a war of extermination? Who are the barbarians here? Venice moves to intercept the Vale's fleet!
    [5] Vale's fleet is successfully reached.

[5] Venetian medium ship vs [6] Vale's large ship.

[6] [4] Vale's ship gets 2 points damage.
    [5] [4] Vale's ship gets 1 point damage.
    [3] [2] Vale's ship gets 1 point damage.
    [4] [2] Vale's ship gets 1 point damage.
    [3] [4] Venetian ship gets 1 point damage.
    [1] [3] Venetian ship gets 2 points damage.
    [2] [5] Venetian ship gets 3 points damage and is sunk!

Vale's large ship is victorious!

Venetian average point [3]
    Vale's average point [3]

Turns's average point [4]

Quote Originally Posted by Tathamet View Post
    ......By Belials triple-horned head. AGAIN!
    [5-1] [4] The attack finally succeeds and Belgrade falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Cat View Post
    "Of course he will. He is a barbaroi, my Venetian friends." Queen Penthesilea states. "You can't expect anymore from them. And as for this mysterious plant called 'tobacco'... we despise it and deem it blasphemous! It stains, sickens, and destroys beauty/youthfulness, which is a heinous crime according to our Sacred Scrolls which decree: 'always strive to become more beautiful and remain beautiful'. Tobacco is banned in the Queendom!"

Celebrations and parties are held throughout Amazonia for thirty days and nights to commemorate Princess Alkippe's victory over the valiant Turks in the south-east! The princess splits her forces to conquer more lands from the, now hopefully, broken Turks. The goddesses, Athena and Nike, were with the warrior women this day. Let all Amazons hope and pray that they, and the mother goddess, Kybele, continue to watch over them.

Meanwhile, in the shipwrights of Antalya a mighty warship (or fleet or whatever) is to be constructed. Sacrifices and prayers are offered up to Athena, Goddess of Crafts/Engineering, and to Amphitrite, Goddess of the Seas, so that they may bless this work.

OOC: I hate tobacco and don't like being around people who use it. My three moves are: attack two regions in the south-east and build a warship/fleet in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea zone. My war in the east is now kind of boring since the player isn't fighting back. Oh well. If I get good rolls, it will be an easy victory. WC
    [5] Attack against Ardbil succeeds and it falls with low casualties.

[4] Mosul falls too, but with higher casualties.

[3] The ship is almost finished.

Average point [4]

Quote Originally Posted by ErgoSumm View Post
    Plague!
    For 16 years plague has ravaged the land of Ducmania. The old, the young and the weak have been struck down by this mightiest of foes, and, most shocking of all, even the mighty King Karl has been taken to his grave by this curse of the land.
    Despite this mighty blow to the state, the future of Ducmania is not lost, with Prince Stephan being crowned King, and great advances in sanitary practices finally managing to limit the disease.
    Now Ducmania is fit to continue it's expansion Stephan leads his ordered the capture of a strategic eastern outpost.

Attachment 261041
    P.S. I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!
    [1] Attack against Voronezh is big disaster and most of units are destroyed now while counterattack is launched against Ducmania.

[2] The counterattack fails and Ducmania doesn't lose any land. (-1 in the next turn)

Quote Originally Posted by mic1402 View Post
    I attack the ducs captial and regions close to it.
    [5] The attack against capital succeeds and it falls!

[1] While attack next to it ends in a disaster and Francian forces are defeated with Duc launching a counterattack!

[5] Duc successfully regains the capital and launch the counterattack further to prevent another attack against it.

[3] Further counterattack ends in a draw and no side claims victory.

Average point [3]

Quote Originally Posted by Enarec View Post
    Tabriz has fallen, as will the rest of Iranian Azerbaijan soon. Manizheh, growing ever more confident and experienced, leads her soldiers to besiege the city of Ardabil.

[2] Attack fails and Azeris claim victory now.

Map:

We take advantage of the peace to expand further into England.

Indefinitely Banned

We move the ship left behind forward.

Finally. Now, our armies shall move further onto the coast.

If my ship had won wouldn't the Vale be unable to attack? Or is it just first come first serve?

Anyways, Venice would like to know what the Britannic Empire means with peace?

Rhinelander's Avatar Domesticus

Attack again lost territories.