Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Mount and Blade

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Hyrule Mount and Blade

Yeah he may still get back to me, I'm just saying that I wouldn't hold it against him if he didn't. If he didn't have any of his old stuff anymore that would be a real shame, though, really great art that he may have need of again. Thank you for the materials, I'll be sure to make proper credits upon release. I hope your team comes back, really interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SXFighter View Post
    Yeah he may still get back to me, I'm just saying that I wouldn't hold it against him if he didn't. If he didn't have any of his old stuff anymore that would be a real shame, though, really great art that he may have need of again. Thank you for the materials, I'll be sure to make proper credits upon release. I hope your team comes back, really interesting stuff.
    I have the old Hyrulain and Deku Tribes Models. If you want.
    I also have the old factions models for the factions that got a visual update/revamped.
    I my self, prefer the older Kingdom of Hyrule unit models. Their more cannon to most of the games. The new models for Hyrule are from Hyrule Warriors. Not even a Cannon Zelda game. :/

Edit:
    Well to each their own.
    And Ya. It would be nice if our mod team got revived.
    Last edited by Eldren; May 02, 2016 at 08:59 PM.

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

I think I may have them, if not I'll hit you up. I like the new and the old pretty equally, I was thinking of having hylian rebels wear the old models. It would be odd if the kingdom of hyrule never upgraded their equipment throughout the ages, so I'll just have the old models in game described as being the previous long standing standard issue armor that is now recently retired officially but still used by rebels, decommissioned veterans, poor adventurers, etc.

I think I may have them, if not I'll hit you up. I like the new and the old pretty equally, I was thinking of having hylian rebels wear the old models. It would be odd if the kingdom of hyrule never upgraded their equipment throughout the ages, so I'll just have the old models in game described as being the previous long standing standard issue armor that is now recently retired officially but still used by rebels, decommissioned veterans, poor adventurers, etc.
    I do like that concept. And that was my thoughts for why there is an armor change in Hyrule Historia.

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

You should ask neph about some of his "indoor" models used for hyrule historia cutscenes, such as Makariko's Castle interior.
    Balres Resdak, Balres Nofok.

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

I'd love to have them, he just gave me the official go-ahead with this mod. So I may ask him, but he may not still have them, or the time to get them together.

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

A few things to look at in the taleworlds thread, check it out if you haven't yet or lately: here. Forgive the double posts please people, I'm nearly to 25 posts. Hyrule's roster is taking slightly longer than I thought because I decided to add more units, but it shouldn't be too much longer before I can get good pics of each unit in game to make a new troop tree graphic. Eldren, if you could edit the OP to have the taleworld's link I'd appreciate it.

Decanus

Looks really awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    1)

3)
    It would be really awesome to have all manner of wildLife roaming the countryside. Like how Looters, Bandits, Raiders, And Forest Thieves are in M&B-WB.
    Neph wanted to do this for HTW as well. But the Engine limitations for M2TW changed that.
    If you do want this in HTW you need to change value in the descr_strat
    brigand_spawn_value 999
    to a lower number end there will spwan again carefull about crashes however

As SXFighter has asked. I have updated the first post.
    And I will probably try to keep it up to date with new content he has showed.

Edit:
    I'm pretty sure I said this some where before. But I'll say it again since I can't find it.

For Flying units. We can give them an invisible mount. That puts them in the Air. And if you hit them hard enough. You knock them out of the sky, and they have to fight on the Ground. Because you killed their mount. But it would simulate them taking too much damage or force, to stay air born.
    Last edited by Eldren; May 04, 2016 at 02:27 PM.

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by darnokthemage View Post
    Looks really awsome!
    Thanks

Eldren
    As SXFighter has asked. I have updated the first post.
    And I will probably try to keep it up to date with new content he has showed.

Edit:
    I'm pretty sure I said this some where before. But I'll say it again since I can't find it.

For Flying units. We can give them an invisible mount. That puts them in the Air. And if you hit them hard enough. You knock them out of the sky, and they have to fight on the Ground. Because you killed their mount. But it would simulate them taking too much damage or force, to stay air born.
    Thanks Eldren.

The TLD mod has flying fell-beasts, so I'll see if they found a better way to do it first. Otherwise that's a good idea, the only issue being that they'd all be flying at the same exact altitude until knocked to their feet. It seems fake mounts are going to solve a lot of our problems in this mod.

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Another mod that was able to achieve a kind of flight was Bear Force 2, it also had a mana pool (which the flight mechanics used).
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Thanks

Thanks Eldren.

The TLD mod has flying fell-beasts, so I'll see if they found a better way to do it first. Otherwise that's a good idea, the only issue being that they'd all be flying at the same exact altitude until knocked to their feet. It seems fake mounts are going to solve a lot of our problems in this mod.
    Don't forget Boss units. Stallord, Ganon, Armorgohma, And just any big units in general. We want them to plow through troops.

Here is a question. Can there be 2 riders or more on a mount? Like Zuna Ziggurats, Or how in TP there is 2 Moblins riding a Boar.

Quote Originally Posted by warl0rd13 View Post
    Another mod that was able to achieve a kind of flight was Bear Force 2, it also had a mana pool (which the flight mechanics used).
    Got to love reference materials.
    Last edited by Eldren; May 04, 2016 at 04:33 PM.

I have never seen several units on a mount. Of course, the mount may have more units modeled as a part of it, but those are not real soldiers and thus won't fight. I don't think it is possible.

The boss units will most likely be done using a modified horse with very high charge values. They will take crazy damage from fixed spears though, so that might be worth noting.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknokraatti View Post
    I have never seen several units on a mount. Of course, the mount may have more units modeled as a part of it, but those are not real soldiers and thus won't fight. I don't think it is possible.

The boss units will most likely be done using a modified horse with very high charge values. They will take crazy damage from fixed spears though, so that might be worth noting.
    Well. You could have the mount invisible. And do a similar thing to the flying units. But you may want to do it the other way too, for certain boss units.

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by warl0rd13 View Post
    Thanks, I haven't tried that one. If I were to go that route, maybe I could turn the mana pool into a flight fatigue bar with a simple texture/wording change? Or maybe find a way to make multiple different bars based on the code, that way other units can use the bar for other features. Do you know if the mana bar is attached to a specific item, or just always present?

Eldren
    Don't forget Boss units. Stallord, Ganon, Armorgohma, And just any big units in general. We want them to plow through troops.

Here is a question. Can there be 2 riders or more on a mount? Like Zuna Ziggurats, Or how in TP there is 2 Moblins riding a Boar.
    I agree, most of them should at least have a bit of a knock-back for smaller ones like Ganon, and the largest like Stallord should just flatten people for sure. I'm planning on having them in their obvious places, soon I'll update the taleworlds page with that info. I just hope there's not some sort of silly size limitation that would prevent the huge ones.

I agree with Teknokraatti about the multiple riders. Maybe a way will be found, but most likely not by me. Maybe a static Zigg with an opening and steps could spawn, and you could place the ranged unit's "Stand Ground" flag on the Zigg. I always thought it was weird that they moved about without being pushed or anything in HTW anyway. Not sure how that'd work out or if it would be worth it. I've yet to look at how static siege spawns work.

Teknokraatti
    Eldren
    Well. You could have the mount invisible. And do a similar thing to the flying units. But you may want to do it the other way too, for certain boss units.
    No type of mount will fight on its own, it'd have to be some sort of combination of rider and mount either way. It's just finding a way to make the mount aspect either be invulnerable without protecting the rider aspect, or else making it to where it didn't look odd when the mount aspect is killed. The spear damage will definitely need to be taken into account either way, I'm sure there's a way to balance against that. But honestly spear damage should be a weakness for them anyway, so it'll probably be OK.

They're going to be something to avoid without a HUGE gathering of souls to sacrifice, no matter what I have to do to accomplish that. More fearsome enemies than the trolls of TLD and the demon army from PoP combined if I have it my way.

Just a small update:I've been hunting down other sources for things that are needed in Warband but not Total War. Here's a couple of nice things that are OSP: I'll need to make a bottle mesh for this label. I'm sure I can find a fun way to put these rupees in, treasure rooms maybe?

I'm waiting for permission to use a few other items, I won't Link yet, in case they refuse.

I'll also keep looking, there are the people in the 3D printing community that I may convince to allow me use of their models.

Last but not least, here's the preview section from the home thread:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    (Open image in new tab to enlarge)

Here's an (updated 5/3/16) WIP Kingdom of Hyrule troop tree.

Link's zora tunic retex blender teaser:

Hylian helmet coif is fixed to look right in Warband now. Test shots, (town guards won't have shields or swords):

Hylian Infantry in-game:
    Hylian Knight:
    [/QUOTE]

I'm quite close to having crossbowmen, captains, and ironclad ready for pictures.

There's an issue with the knight helmet where you can see through the inside of the visor when they're at an odd angle, anyone know a fix? Maybe there needs to be another set of vertex faces on the inside or some way to make the faces double sided?

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks, I haven't tried that one. If I were to go that route, maybe I could turn the mana pool into a flight fatigue bar with a simple texture/wording change? Or maybe find a way to make multiple different bars based on the code, that way other units can use the bar for other features. Do you know if the mana bar is attached to a specific item, or just always present?

I agree, most of them should at least have a bit of a knock-back for smaller ones like Ganon, and the largest like Stallord should just flatten people for sure. I'm planning on having them in their obvious places, soon I'll update the taleworlds page with that info. I just hope there's not some sort of silly size limitation that would prevent the huge ones.

I agree with Teknokraatti about the multiple riders. Maybe a way will be found, but most likely not by me. Maybe a static Zigg with an opening and steps could spawn, and you could place the ranged unit's "Stand Ground" flag on the Zigg. I always thought it was weird that they moved about without being pushed or anything in HTW anyway. Not sure how that'd work out or if it would be worth it. I've yet to look at how static siege spawns work.
    No type of mount will fight on its own, it'd have to be some sort of combination of rider and mount either way. It's just finding a way to make the mount aspect either be invulnerable without protecting the rider aspect, or else making it to where it didn't look odd when the mount aspect is killed. The spear damage will definitely need to be taken into account either way, I'm sure there's a way to balance against that. But honestly spear damage should be a weakness for them anyway, so it'll probably be OK.

They're going to be something to avoid without a HUGE gathering of souls to sacrifice, no matter what I have to do to accomplish that. More fearsome enemies than the trolls of TLD and the demon army from PoP combined if I have it my way.

Just a small update:I've been hunting down other sources for things that are needed in Warband but not Total War. Here's a couple of nice things that are OSP: I'll need to make a bottle mesh for this label. I'm sure I can find a fun way to put these rupees in, treasure rooms maybe?

I'm waiting for permission to use a few other items, I won't Link yet, in case they refuse.

I'll also keep looking, there are the people in the 3D printing community that I may convince to allow me use of their models.

Last but not least, here's the preview section from the home thread:
    (Open image in new tab to enlarge)

Here's an (updated 5/3/16) WIP Kingdom of Hyrule troop tree.

Link's zora tunic retex blender teaser:

Hylian helmet coif is fixed to look right in Warband now. Test shots, (town guards won't have shields or swords):

Hylian Infantry in-game:
    Hylian Knight:
    The mana bar in Bear Force 2 is always there, but only certain units are given the items that can use it: jet packs, force jumps, force lightning, semi teleports, etc.

Also, it IS possible for riderless cav to fight on their own, two mods, the Reckoning(zombie mod) and Full invasion both had cav that acted without riders and were hostile, with the former managing to both make them un-mountable and wander around the map like bandits. Of course they can only attack by charging and are derpy at times when it comes to attacking the player and get stuck easily.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

Thanks for proving me wrong That would be something to consider for certain units. Now that you mention it, TLD has warg mounts with the same behavior.

If I were able to make multiple bars, I'd need to try to keep it to a low number, and make a minimal HUD texture. It'd be nice to have hearts for health and a green bar for mana

Ive never heard of this game before and it sounds awsome, a lick of Zelda paint always inticeses me, hence why i am here on this very thread
    Sign the petition to remove the hardcoded limits from M2TW
    https://www.change.org/p/creative-as...t_created=true

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

I feel as though M&B is the perfect companion game to Total War. Just as addicting for me. Very cheap as well. Try out "The Last Days" or "Prophesy of Pendor" mods if you pick it up