Thread: x3 Unit Costs and Upkeeps

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Default x3 Unit Costs and Upkeeps

I play Rome TW and its mods since 2004. Right now my favourite mod is Europa Barbarorum. Because unit cost and upkeeps are higher than other "big" mods. So, battles are more rare. This is important to me, because too many battles makes the game boring.

I decided to make this much higher; 3 times! I tested it 4-5 times with different factions. First years are hard, but after several years it is OK. The real benefit is for middle and late of course; there won't be too many full stacks.

To download: http://www.mediafire.com/?z216wz5jx55aaau

Copy DESCR_MERCENARIES.TXT to ..EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\ folder

Copy export_descr_unit.txt to ..EB\Data\ folder

Remember to backup first!
    Last edited by CanOmer; November 07, 2012 at 03:01 AM.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Default Re: x3 Unit Costs and Upkeeps

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    I play Rome TW and its mods since 2004. Right now my favourite mod is Europa Barbarorum. Because unit cost and upkeeps are higher than other "big" mods. So, battles are more rare. This is important to me, because too many battles makes the game boring.

I decided to make this much higher; 3 times! I tested it 4-5 times with different factions. First years are hard, but after several years it is OK. The real benefit is for middle and late of course; there won't be too many full stacks.

To download: http://www.mediafire.com/?z216wz5jx55aaau

Copy DESCR_MERCENARIES.TXT to ..EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\ folder

Copy export_descr_unit.txt to ..EB\Data\ folder

Remember to backup first!
    Great mod thanks!!!
    Last edited by auboy; February 11, 2013 at 12:57 AM.

Boriak's Avatar Senator

Damn but I am tempted by this. I like the idea of having fewer armies and fighting more crucial battles.

If I play on VH difficulty, the AI civs get financial bonuses. Does this mean that in the end the AI will start spamming stacks eventually?

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Mine doesn't work every time I overwrite the files it changes back to the original costs and upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Mine doesn't work every time I overwrite the files it changes back to the original costs and upkeep.
    That's weird. Are you sure you're putting it into your EB/data directory and not Vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    If you're using the TrivialScript, it's overwriting it with the one in the EB\sp edu backup\ folder.

KPashaCali's Avatar Foederatus

This is challenging but I am definitely ready to try it out