View Poll Results: which map do you like most?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Imperial Campaign

24 31.58%
  • Europa_270BC

31 40.79%
  • Punic_War

4 5.26%
  • Risk_Campaign

4 5.26%
  • Risk_Campaign_UR

6 7.89%
  • Roman_Campaign

7 9.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What campaign map do you prefer?

Default which map?

this new mod brings with it a new problem, wot cmapaign map to play! i cant play it now since its too too late and im spending the weekend at my girlfriends so ill make this poll for you all to express your views on the maps....help me make up my mind!
    "We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" -- Winston Churchill

Default Re: which map?

i like bigmap, so perhaps i will first play Europe 270BC.

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Well I always play normal vanilla map (imperial campaign - best balance imo) with Darth's enhancements, cuz I get bored playing huge maps
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

A map with only Italy, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, South Gallia, Iberia and North Africa would be great. That would focus Rome and Carthage on each other. A real Punic War would be possible. Maybe with only these two factions available in the campaign.

Hey i should do that mini mod
    „Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam!“

Quote Originally Posted by Tadajon
    A map with only Italy, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, South Gallia, Iberia and North Africa would be great. That would focus Rome and Carthage on each other. A real Punic War would be possible. Maybe with only these two factions available in the campaign.

Hey i should do that mini mod
    That is really very great!

Try some of you to play roman campaign of Shaggy, there you confront AI Pyrrhus in early turns....it is futile...you cannot beat him!

wait, how do you choose maps? I installed version 8, yet all the menus are unchanged and when its loading, it still says 7.5

Gen AK's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    Try some of you to play roman campaign of Shaggy, there you confront AI Pyrrhus in early turns....it is futile...you cannot beat him!
    tried and lets just say the 2 armies with 3000 men each... well lets just say the army upkeep lowered significantly...

i tried to beat him with the two stacks you start with, and i really cam close, 70 % of their men died and Pyrrus himself died, my own general survived multiple charges... but they had gold chevrons! too much morale by the gold chevrons is why they won. then i quit the roman campaign lol

I tried the Europa_270BC map but it was just way too big for my liking, still prefer the old campaign map.

I enjoy the Europa_270BC map because the enemy factions are really hard to defeat because they have so many terrories.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Default Which Campaign do you play?

I allways played Imperiall campaign, but there are some provincial campaigns in DM8, which campaign do you prefer on that matter?
    Alea jacta est.
    Disce, sed а doctis, indoctos ipse doceto.

Lord Cunami's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Duke Vytautas
    Well I always play normal vanilla map (imperial campaign - best balance imo) with Darth's enhancements, cuz I get bored playing huge maps
    same opinion here

Risk_UR is absolutely the best Roman campaign I have ever had. Thanks to BI.exe, I'm in the middle of a bona fide Punic war. For the first time ever, Carthage RETOOK Caralis. Gaul quickly got down to her last city, and came to me begging for help. The same with Greece. I have one full stack guarding Alesia, and one full stack patrolling Illyria, maintaining a favorable hegemony in the north and east while I concentrate on Carthage. Mediolanum is safe and tidy while Britain, Iberia and Germany throw everything at Alesia. I've already had a few large multi-stack allied battles. I had NEVER had an allied battle before, but with so many barbarians fighting in Gaul, it looks like the "Battle of Five Armies" could happen any year now.
    Last edited by Eird-Way; July 29, 2006 at 03:56 PM.

Default What campaign map do you prefer?

My favorite is the big campaign 270 bc, I started playing the pyrus campaign but got owned pathetically at the start, dont know too much about it

Default Re: What campaign map do you prefer?

pyrus campaign? there are no pyrus in DM>?

Default Re: What campaign map do you prefer?

Yes, The Roman campaign at last in the provincial campaign menu is that one. It starts with rome figting the pyrrus invation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast