Page 555 of 558 FirstFirst ... 55455505530545546547548549550551552553554555556557558 LastLast
Results 11,081 to 11,100 of 11159

Thread: HTW RP OOC

Default Re: HTW RP OOC

Gaia: That was also what I had pictured and hoped for. I'm looking forward to it. The reunion will be interesting and fun now that Andromalius will begin to behave somewhat more like his true self. (Due to the beginnings of his accumulation of influence.) However, he still places a high value on contributions from his former companions to the battle ahead, and will still be quite enthusiastic in offering them his support and whatever luxuries can be brought to bear, albeit with a noticeably less submissive and more proactive composure.

As time syncs up, this will likely be the last peaceful night for our characters before the coming battle. I'm very excited to see what's planned for the story next.
    Last edited by Dragus; April 23, 2013 at 01:07 PM.

So I'm taking a nap.

Hope I don't miss everything.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Sorry for my prolonged absence. My semester is coming to a close soon, so I'll be exceptionally busy for the next 2 weeks. Nevertheless, I will try to keep up with PMs and posting. I'll get an East post up now.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Hey guys!
    Guess what?
    THQ's IP auction has ended.

I am concerned for the future of the Homeworld series *Cough* Duke Nukem Forever, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Gearbox has never made an RTS, probably gonna suck. *Cough*, although (based on what Gaia has told me about Gothic, along with the stuff Nordic has said on their forums.) I believe Darksiders is in good hands, so long as they team up with Crytek USA (They're made up of former Vigil employees, i.e. the original devs) in the making of Darksiders 3. If that fails, they can always turn to Platinum Games.

Edit: My opinion remains the same. They have no experience with RTS games at all, and the only good games they've made are Borderlands 1/2. Half-Life and Counter-Strike don't count.
    Last edited by DiddlyDark; April 23, 2013 at 09:49 PM.

I feel the need to defend Gearbox's honor here, in that thy barely did anything to Duke, they just finished it and sold it. It was practically free money for them.

I also feel the need to post the 5th post on Page 555.

Wakerz140's Avatar Ducenarius

Also for gearbox they made Borderlands.Which admittedly is radically different but... the point stands.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I'm interested in Homefront. While the first game wasn't really aimed at me (it was selling itself on the story, which was touted as 'possible'), I thought the characters were interesting, especially Hopper; although due to the length of the game, there wasn't really room for character development. Another thing that bugged me was that all the bad guys were evil, and had no qualms gunning down their fellow men, women and children. I expected something like 'Freedom Fighters' (if you've never played this game, go do it - it's in my top 5, and still holds up now. Believable characters, development arcs, and only a couple enemies that are ridiculously evil), and while the mechanics are solid, it kind of fell short.

However (and I know this is not likely anymore): Homefront London. There aren't enough games set in my beautiful (shut up it is) home city.

Although the major thing that I am worried about is the future of Metro, a stealth game that felt stealthy, although suffered at points from forcing you into gun battles, and a story that was a little rushed compared to the book. The first book is awesome, a sort of Lord of the Rings style journey through different places, and while 2034 doesn't yet have an official English translation, apparently it is 'coming'. It's also already out in German, so gaia, you have no excuse!
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Today is my last true day of classes. The rest of this week will be used for relaxing and preparing for the finals that take place throughout next week. I'm already quite ready for them, so it won't be too frantic. I'm looking forward to posting on a mostly free basis, and even more so heading home for the summer next Thursday.

I just saw the first half of the first episode of Teen Titans Go.
    God, am I depressed right now.
    Seriously? What is it with DC lines beign canceled for vasty inferior products? First Secret Six gets replaced by that stupid Suicide Squad reboot and now they do THIS to Young Justice? Apart form the comparably bland animation, the episode began with Raven watching a rather bad and inaccurate My Little Pony knockoff, then everybody acted like immature, idiotic, unsocial *******s for the sake of bad comedy, and they went on the epic quest to... find the mythological Sandwich. Yay. Then came the second part about something Pie related, and I turned it off as soon as the ****** song started.
    I mean, WOW! Sure, who needs continuity, storyarcs, character development, and more, actual superhero stuff, if we can have brainless sitcom humor?

Fortuantely today season Two of the Looney Tunes show resumed, and it was a very good episode, so it wasn't a total loss.

@Matt
    Sorry, too much things to read for university.

@Teen Titans.

While it may be in bad taste, I feel the need to say "I called it."

The part that really makes me sad is Teen Titans with that cast of five could do so much of they actually tried. Starfire is one of my favorites at DC, and is a badass alien war princess that can go blow to blow with some of DC's heavy hitters, Raven is the half demon daughter if Satan, Robin is, well, Robin, and then......yeah those other two people.

Imagine what they could do if they were serious. It could be just as good with young justice, and they could even use most of the same cast.

But no, they go for stupid slapstick.

DC, you already made me stop reading or caring about your existence with the reboot, and assured yourselfs that you will not be getting anymore of my money, so why do you feel the need to make me stop watching your shows too?

God only knows how bad the Batman show is.

also, stupid phone spellcheck changing perfectly cromulent words Into grammatically incorrect things.

DAMNIT DRAGUS!!!!

WHY CANT I REP YOU!??!?!?!

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Mjol

I rep'd him on your behalf.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 51 View Post
    So I'm taking a nap.

Hope I don't miss everything.
    This doesn't mean you missed Anton's post regarding Grendell, does it?
    Oren (Died of natural causes) - Athreon - Torgo - Mariel

I assume it did.

There actually is a post in the thread I made but the site says "No you didn't I totally don't know what you're talking about" and I'm all like "Shut up slut I see it right there" and it's all like "Don't call me a slut you *****" and then it slaps me then I slap it and then we made out.

Long story short Grendell post is up and I'm pregnant.

So, the group containing a Kokiri who has sworn enmity against an ancient dark fairy is planning to leave the (questionable) safety of a walled city to venture into the wilds?

Fools! Don’t they know that the ancient magic stalking through the lands bears many faces?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And how many of those faces is she wearing for a robe? I can't exactly tell where one ends and the other begins.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

DC is better than marvel for several reasons.
    1: Batman
    2. Joker
    3. Everyone doesn't wear spandex
    4. The characters have actual lives outside the suits, not just a secret identity!
    5. Justice League
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

DC is worse than Marvel for several reasons:

1. Superman.
    2. Superman
    3. Superman
    4. Mothertrucking Superman
    5. One overpowered piece of shite that goes by the name of Clark "I'm a dickwit" Kent