Page 51 of 558 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101151551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 11159

Thread: HTW RP OOC

Default Re: HTW RP OOC

@zector
    Lets just agree that both Slaanesh worshipers and Dark Eldar are doing the very best they can with all the tools at their disposal.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by niveksirrah View Post
    Matt, those guys just might make me turn away from my space wolf brothers. they are that epic
    They have a weakness - they take massive losses in every encounter. Me and Victor aren't sure if this is because they are only called in for the hard fights (my view), or that they are too freely sacrificing themselves (his view).

"We broke into the cultist compound, and killed everyone there. Enemy casualties: 12,000 - 100%. Our casualties: 5,000 - 40%"

"We rescued the cat from the tree. Our casualties: 157 - 40%"

Either way, get and read 'Dead Men Walking'. It's not a great book, a bit too focused on a couple of non-Krieg, but I believe it is the only Krieg book out there. And when they fight Necrons, before being vaporised, the last action of the Krieg melta-gunners is to throw their guns to someone else, so it doesn't get destroyed along with them. Intense guys!

And if you can, read the Imperial Armour Codeces 5, 6 and 7: The Seige of Vraks. The Kreig being given free reign to do what they do. Not an easy read - as with every IG battleground, they take ridiculous bad loses, but the Tanith or Cadians would take far worse, and fail the objective. As I said, they are only called in for the hard missions. They wouldn't change it for anything!
    Last edited by Mattwensley; November 12, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

@Niv

I actually think 40K RP would be alot harder due to the sheer scale of everything, unless we all played an inquisitor party, or members of a squad, and even then it would be limited to same race.

Everyone being a seperate faction would be crazy complicated i think.

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

i think we all should do a 40k rp somewhere on the interwebs....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

Krieg Death Korps are pretty damn good, but there's very little you can do if RPing as one. This is the Guard batch of regiments that believe any emotion (up to and including boredom) are a symptom of living too long...

@Mjol
    Or if we set up a scenario in one particular city on an Imperial world, and did a DoW: Dark Crusade-style multi faction pile-in. Kind of remniscent of the Kakariko incident but with more lastech.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Agreed. Something on the side while we wait for everyone else to catch up here. And yeah Mjol we would all have to be at least of the same faction. Maybe a mix of guards, space marines, and sisters of battle. that would be the easy way to do it. Maybe do something spooky like have a guardsman team checking out a derelict ship and crazy horror type stuff happens. or maybe just a good old world under attack. just throwing it out.
    Leon-(Died in battle)Zaven-(Vanished into the shadow temple)Xantear-west Rintaro-East

I'd Ork it the hell up and you all know it.

So, are we actually seriously considering this as a side thing, or is this all wishful thinking?

I got an idea for how multiple species could work in a warhammer 40k rp.
    Everyone has been taken by a dark eldra kabal and sold to a wych cult to fight in the arena. Now everyone must band together to escape Commorragh, so they can get back to killing each other, as it should be. Constant backstabbing is mandatory.
    Naturally, the wych leader who delights in pitting you all against each other and randomly torture everyone would be me

Sound good?

i hope it is real. I wanna be a chaos marine running a cult on the said planet...

edit: NO! No easy torture for you Gaia!

@gaia
    I like. It allows people to have their own characters, but negates the constate need for large, pitched battles.

A Kriegsman's primary weapon is not his lasgun, but his knife. Beware...

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Alright, we can do that. However, gaia is banned from Dark Eldar and Slaaneshi for obvious reasons.

Also, not cool with the Dark Eldar setting of Commoragh. Believe it or not, Dark Eldar are my least favorite 40k race.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Yeah, you gotta work for the right to torture us all.

I would be one of three things if this is serious.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    Alright, we can do that. However, gaia is banned from Dark Eldar and Slaaneshi for obvious reasons.
    AVA HAS SPOKEN! Therefore it shall be....fear the avatar of the ice wolf...

If we have been captured, and are fighting for the amusement of Dark Gods, then they will provide our equipment. That is, knives, swords and basic shields to being with, moving up as we survive. Do not expect power armour and anointed weapons!

Also, not cool with the Dark Eldar setting of Commoragh. Believe it or not, Dark Eldar are my least favorite 40k race.
    Man, this is the first time I've been discriminated for being a masochist

Other idea, if Avatar is so dead set against one of the coolest places in space. Everyone has been imprisoneed by a Ork WAAAAAGGGGHHH Boss, about to be used for food, entertainment and other impure stuff. First priority is finding a spacecraft that works for non-orks. Second priority is killing the others.

No commoragh setting. If Gaia wants to torture us, she has to work for it.

I like the World Setting with maybe a Chaos cult for Zector, and then Gaia could raid it if she is Dark Eldar. That gives all of us Imperial Players a way to logically all be there together.

Quote Originally Posted by gaiachild View Post
    Man, this is the first time I've been discriminated for being a masochist

Other idea, if Avatar is so dead set against one of the coolest places in space. Everyone has been imprisoneed by a Ork WAAAAAGGGGHHH Boss, about to be used for food, entertainment and other impure stuff. First priority is finding a spacecraft that works for non-orks. Second priority is killing the others.
    I vote this one. I would love the chance of rampaging through a Orc Rok as a Slaneeshi Marine. Or My idea, which is equally cool.

Hmm... What about a coliseum to [insert Chaos god no one is RPing as a follower of] located on a daemon world? That'd remove the mandatory blade-based Commorite architecture and give the oportunity for some headtrip scenarios too (how about a room where gravity slowly changes direction, forcing people to run around it to avoid falling? or a storm that rains Basilisk shell casings? or walls made of liquid blood that people can push through, although they'd not likely survive it).
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

what about survivors from a pitched space battle all landing on a planet with either A: dark eldar who want to kill and torture them all. B: Chaos marines who want to kill and posses them all or C: tyranids who want to kill and eat them all. Something like that maybe? Also i believe if we are working as a group for anything we would have to be one of the more (and i use this term REALLY loosely) reasonable races. ....did I really just use the word reasonable when talking about warhammer? whats wrong with me.

(that means no demons, dark eldar, inquisitors and so on.)
    Leon-(Died in battle)Zaven-(Vanished into the shadow temple)Xantear-west Rintaro-East