Thread: HTW RP OOC

Default Re: HTW RP OOC

Oh? Perhaps I should have originally headed there from the beginning. Although it's certainly fun to pretend to graciously serve the black tulip of the desert. In all seriousness though, thanks for the reminder. I'll pressure the direction of the story from my character's point of view towards Audorn to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    @West Arc

The time has come for us to begin the arc in truth. With the exception of Rail, who Sakotae will take care of. Gaius and Sierra may also be summoned. The rest of you should start heading for Audorn for one reason or another.
    I was going to try and get Angaos and Gaius to travel there together, but depending on how this encounter goes, i might just head off on my own.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Wolf Link

If Angaos travels with Gaius, I can summon them together, if you wish.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Regarding the east: You're such a harpy, gaia. [Canned audience laughter]

And regarding the west, I'm currently working on a way to suggest Audorn as a destination. (I sent Avatar a note.) If you, nivek, Matt, or Zector don't already have a route in mind yet, I'll hopefully have one soon.

Okay then, would it be Fitting for... damn it, bad Name Memory, Dragus character to say he knows about some big Magic in Audorn, or senses something big there, so the desert Group has a reason to go there as well. And Ath, next time please ask first before deciding for me how something affects my character, (hough admidettly, that is a bit hypocritical now that I have done the same in Retaliation). And I guess hundreds of wolfos in one place goes against everything we know about wolves, but then again, this is a world where chickens come out of nowhere to devour their tormentors, so I just realized I have no reason to complain. Edit: @Dragus. That pun was so bad, I'd rep you for it if i could.
    Last edited by gaiachild; February 28, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

An excellent suggestion. I had actually been thinking along those exact same lines. In fact the note I sent to Avatar asked for such a possible connection with someone or something powerful or interesting in Audorn.

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

Well, my guys are ready, once Rail talks to Tavia for abit. Got nothing for Sierra to do so ill stop posting with her for a bit.
    My Skype and steam name is Windrider37 on both. I love chatting and playing games if someone would like to do either ^.^

Ah, my apologies Gaia. This being my first RP, I'm still trying to find the balance between what's cool and what's not as far as pvp goes. In fact, this is the most pvp I've seen yet.
    Oren (Died of natural causes) - Athreon - Torgo - Mariel

I just heard back, gaia. Avatar informed me that there was a good deal of freedom and openness to whatever we liked as long as we headed in that direction. I'll post again soon when applicable and have Andromalius suggest the Audorn destination.

Also, I based the wolfos attack more on sharks in a frenzy than a wolf pack, seeing as the wolfos in the game were usually lone hunters anyway. And given the current events, the wolfos would have likely thrived, thus being more common. Please correct me if I'm wrong in my reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Athreon View Post
    Also, I based the wolfos attack more on sharks in a frenzy than a wolf pack, seeing as the wolfos in the game were usually lone hunters anyway. And given the current events, the wolfos would have likely thrived, thus being more common. Please correct me if I'm wrong in my reasoning.
    No probs, we are al ere to learn. just remember, do as much cool stuff as you like, just don't outright say how it affect the guy on the receiving end. As for the wolfo Thing, I#ll use what I know about wolves. Even assuming that social unrests distrats the humans from beign competition over Food, wolves regulate their Population increase by ONLY the Alpha pair being allowed to breed. Aside from thus only two wolves in the pack getting Kids, like (I guess) every other predator, they often kill the Kids of other pack when given the Chance. Also, while the biggest wolf pack on this earth somewhere in Asia is about 20 wolves big, the usual wolf pack reaches from three to seven wolves. And how big that pack is depends on the mass of game available. In any case, packs split to avoid eating one area empty, so thirty wolves being Close enough to hear the same Sound already is highly unlikely. oh, right, and wolves have a very strict feeding order in their packs. But as you said, in the game they are loners, in contrast to real life, so who knows. But inany case, a hundred seems a bit much for any Kind of of predator. With such many living in Close proximity, the game would be wiped out in no time.
    Last edited by gaiachild; February 28, 2013 at 03:27 PM.

Well, fail on my part I guess. Sorry.

Athereon: No need to worry. As gaia mentioned it's all good fun, and undesirable developments can always be discussed and edited if you wish. And in terms of player-battles, I may be able to help a bit in that regard. Most role-playing environments consider a good simple practice to be "Don't directly write the effects of something on characters that aren't your own." For example, in a fight, one would post that they "swung their sword" at someone, rather than the outcome of the attack. When all parties involved are responsible and following this protocol, the result is quite fun.

Gaia: I have a possible suggestion. Kurashi could order that we temporarily acquire a room at an Inn or rest at a tavern somewhere until Zaven completes his personal business and returns to us. Then while waiting at the Inn or place of relaxation, Andromalius will suggest Audorn as a potential destination of interest.
    Last edited by Dragus; February 28, 2013 at 03:36 PM.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

I would like to point out the even wild Wolfos have a degree of sentience. Athreon's numbers are not, in truth, unrealistic for the HTW setting.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    I've been trying to for like a month now...................
    Your not waiting on me to post for any Zolas are you? If not, now that the battle is pretty much over, I think your free leave when ever you want.

So, not to drop an Ultimatum on the Village crew, but i'm gonna give it another day, two at most before i simply say Gabe, Hope and Company searched the whole village, found no Zola or Moblins left, everything is clear, no more fighting, and simply walk out.

Its been forever, and Vic and Zero had literally no time do do ANYTHING before the full arc started so, well, Time is up people. Smoke em if you got em, and finish up.

@Wolf, you have just preformed the single GREATEST Ninja in the history of this RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    So, not to drop an Ultimatum on the Village crew, but i'm gonna give it another day, two at most before i simply say Gabe, Hope and Company searched the whole village, found no Zola or Moblins left, everything is clear, no more fighting, and simply walk out.

Its been forever, and Vic and Zero had literally no time do do ANYTHING before the full arc started so, well, Time is up people. Smoke em if you got em, and finish up.

@Wolf, you have just preformed the single GREATEST Ninja in the history of this RP.
    lol, thanks, though I'm confused at who your targeting that post at, as I was under the impression that the village battle was pretty much over, unless your waiting on Agent to do Blin stuff, I think you could easily just say your characters deiced to move on and leave the battle torn village.

@Atheron Again, no worries, it get's only better. Speaking of, nie post, but one Thing. I am suprised that Torga (sorry if I spelled that wrong) would be disgusted by the (admidettly amateruish, thus more messy) skinning of an animal. As a 400 year old kokiri who lives in a forest and has been in wars, for one he sould be used to blood, and if you kill an animal to eat it, it is usually best to get the pelt of first.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

And with a filler post from Cear and possibly my favourite post from Anton so far, I head to bed. Night all, see you around.

@ Gaia

Thank you for the compliment! As for him being disgusted, it's less of the imagery and more of the fact that she just killed it for fun, and is likely skinning it (messily) for the same reason.